I find it inevitable that everyone deserves to breathe the freshest air. It is of utmost importance that the air around us be clean. To make this a reality, you need to find the best filterless air purifier, a task that is ostensibly becoming difficult as each day counts.
- However, with many manufacturers utilizing the latest technology, you can find an air purifier without filter for your home.
But, why would you prefer filterless air purifier to an air purifier that is fitted with a filter? There are many advantages. The biggest of them all is you will save a lot of money that you’d use to purchase filters that are prone to wearing out every few months.
- Air purifier for mold spores
- Best plug in air filter
- Best car air Purifier
- Best air purifier for kitchen
Best Filterless Air Purifier Comparison Table
|Picture||Filter Free Air Purifiers||Coverage Area||Weight|
|Airfree Filterless Air Purifier, P3000||650 sq ft||3.5 lb|
|Airfree Lotus Filter Fess Purifier-Small Portable, Silent Home Air Cleaner||650 sq ft||5.2lb|
|Airfree Iris 3000 Air Purifier||650 sq ft||3.5 lb|
|AIRFREE P2000 Filterless Air Purifier||550 sq ft||3.5 lb|
The List of the Best Filterless Air Purifier for Your Home
To find the filter free air purifier that will suit your family needs, you need to take time to conduct research. This is where I would like to help you. Read this write-up to the end to find best filterless air purifiers that will make the air in your home 100% clean.
- AirFree P1000 Filterless Air Purifier
- Airfree Iris 3000 Air Purifier
- Airfree Lotus Filterless Purifier
- Airfree Iris 3000 Air Purifier
AirFree Iris 3000 is the best recommendation especially if your house is 650 square feet or thereabouts.
The air purifier uses the filterless technology. This means you will not use any extra money to buy replaceable filters. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
You will enjoy using this filter free air purifier because it is small. You will be able to move with it anywhere you will like thanks to its portability.
AirFree Iris 3000 is silent. Many people who use it, whom I’ve talked to, say that you will not even, know the purifier is on even if you are in the next room.
The air purifier uses another technology, Thermodynamic TSS, which is responsible for destroying microorganisms. This same mechanism works when water boils to kill germs. Some of the harmful microorganisms AirFree Iris 3000 kills include pollen, viruses, bacteria, dust mites, mold, organic allergens, odors, and pet dander.
AirFree Iris 3000 is ISO certified.
- It is lightweight, at only 3.5 lbs.
- Best for those with allergy problems.
- Extremely easy to set up.
- Kills all harmful germs.
- Because of its noise-free ability, you may not know if it’s working.
- Doesn’t give good results if it is more than 650 sq ft.
AirFree P1000 is one of my best filter free air purifiers I can recommend to you. Like its sister AirFree Iris 3000, AirFree P1000 comes with the patented Thermodynamic TSS Technology, which uses heat to kill harmful germs, viruses, bacteria, and all allergens.The above technology ensures 100% killing of germs. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
Some of the microorganisms AirFree P1000 is destined to kills from a room not more than 450 square feet include:
- Pet dander.
- Dust mites.
- Organic pollutants.
- Ozone pollutants.
The air purifier is designed in a manner that when it is on, nobody will notice it is in the room but continues to do its work.
- AirFree P1000 is CARB-Certified.
- The Thermodynamic TSS Technology ensures complete removal of all harmful bacteria and pollutants.
- No extra cost for filters.
- Super light, weighing 3.1 lbs.
- Ideal for those suffering from allergic problems.
- So silent that you will confuse it for a faulty machine.
Airocide – NASA Air Purifier is one of the high-end filterless air purifiers in the market today. You will love every aspect of this silent UV air purifier. Among the chief reasons, why you’ll love this air cleaner is that it has FDA and NASA approval. This makes it is the best filter free air purifier for those who are sensitive to chemicals, odors, asthma, and various allergies. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
Airocide – NASA Air Purifier removes all troublesome microorganisms such as fungi, mold, spores, viruses, dust, allergies, and all Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
You might be interested in Best Air Purifiers for VOCs and Formaldehyde
When Airocide designed Airocide – NASA Air Purifier, the manufacturer had your best interests in mind. Because of this, there is no further stress to change blades or clean filters. This is left for its competitors.
The air cleaner does not emit any ozone to the air.
Approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Airocide – NASA Air Purifier operates on the APS-200 at 120V or 60Hz.
The filter free air purifier removes all types of odors from the house.
- People living with asthma, are allergic to various things and are sensitive to chemicals can now relax with the Airocide – NASA Air Purifier.
- The air purifier does not add any ozone to the air in the room.
- Uses less electricity.
- With the APS-200 unit, Airocide – NASA Air Purifier may not work outside North America.
- Not ideal for those who are on a tight budget.
This is gold premium filterless air cleaner that has been proven to be super efficient by many users. If you use it in a room that is not bigger than 650 square feet, you won’t experience any more troublesome microorganisms. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
Lightair Signature IonFlow 50 uses up to 10X less energy compared to many of its competitors. This is perhaps one of the reasons why most people prefer to go for it to more pocket-friendly air purifier out there.
The air purifier is extremely silent thus, you are certain to continue with your chores without any disturbance. You can even sleep without any problem.
Lightair Signature IonFlow 50 ideally removes all types of harmful microorganisms such as pet allergens, bacteria, mold, pollen, smoke, dust, and any other airborne particles present in the room.
The air cleaner does not come with a filter. Instead, Lightair Signature IonFlow 50 is fitted with a reusable dirt collector.
- Comes with reusable dirt collector, which you can remove, clean and replace back.
- Uses up to 10X less energy (consumes only 7W).
- Very silent.
- Nice color – gold.
- Kills all types of harmful bacteria.
- Hard to tell if it is working or not.
- I have heard some users complain of the poor cabinet.
You might be interested in best air purifier for hair salon
Filterless Air Purifiers: How They Work
Whether you live in your own house or a rented apartment, you need to ensure the surrounding air is as clean as possible because it is important to your health. It is the same if you work for long hours in the office.
In some premium offices, an air conditioning system is imperative for employees in the building. Now that you have narrowed down to a filter free air purifier, it is important you know how this air cleaners work.
Even so, did you know that there are actually four types of filterless air purifiers? This revelation is not meant to make things complicated for you. The four types are all designed to help you make the best choice.
Each of the four types of filter free air purifiers works differently. But at the end of the day, if you land on the best filterless air purifier, you will be certain the air in your room or home is 100% clean.
Ozone-based Filterless Purifies
As the name suggests, ozone-based filterless air purifiers emit ozone to the air in the room. The emitted gas is responsible for killing any harmful germs. It is not harmful to humans.
When used consistently, these types of filterless air purifiers are effective.
These type of air purifiers are wizards in removing dust particles that are invisible to the human eye. The air cleaner releases high-voltage electrostatic charge to the air, which in turn accumulates the dust particles together for easy collection to the purifier’s dust cup.
UV-enabled filterless air purifiers are praised for their ability to kill various germs, bacteria, viruses, and other harmful microorganisms thanks to UV Light.
These air purifiers do not need air to penetrate to the machine’s air chambers. Instead, the air purifier uses ingenious means to filter the air, which is also cost effective.
Advanced Filterless Air Purifiers
This latter types of filterless air purifiers use even more advanced mechanisms to clean the air. There are claims that these purifiers use more than one method to clean the air.
Filter Vs. Filterless Air Purifiers – Which Is Better?
Air purifiers with filters are considered passive. One reason for this is because they work by first absorbing or drawing the air inside its chambers before they start to clean it.
On the other hand, filterless air purifiers are known to be active. The entire air cleaning process takes place outside the machine’s chambers. With this in mind, you can now start to see which machine will last longer for doing less.
- When it comes to cleaning the air in your home, you should care about several things apart from ensuring the air is clean. The process of eliminating bad air or making it clean is utterly important.
- As mentioned in the above section, you should know how each of the air purifiers works. Only then will you make the best decision when purchasing one.
- A dense physical filter is the main difference between the two. For filter free purifiers, the machine sends charged ions to the air. Once they meet with dirt, it becomes easy to collect it. But, where do the condensed dust particles, pollen, mold and spores go since they are not absorbed by the machine?
- The charged dirt falls to the ground. In the end, you need to sweep, mop, and vacuum the house.
- With the former type of air purifier, you only need to place it in the room and it absorbs whatever dirt available leaving the air clean. Remember though that the filter, which is used to clean the air, traps the dirt thus it is prone to getting dirt and needs to be changed regularly. This adds an extra cost.
- However, some HEPA air purifiers come with washable filters. These ones are durable because you only need to remove them, clean them, and return them to their position.
- HEPA filters can trap dirt whereas filterless air purifiers, however, even the best brand may allow some microorganisms to escape.
- In most cases, the strongest air purifier with a HEPA filter can clean a room that measures 700 square feet.
- On the other hand, a filterless air purifier can clean the air in a room that is as big as 3,500 square feet.
- While some filterless air purifiers go for as little as $60, air cleaners with True HEPA go for several hundreds of dollars. It is true that there are some filterless purifiers that cost up to $500 but not as many as HEPA filter purifiers.
- The cost of maintaining purifiers with filters is another thing. They usually require regular servicing, which include the changing of filters. Filterless air purifiers don’t require this extra cost.
- Do you love color, design? Then you might go for HEPA filter air purifiers. Many filterless air purifiers don’t feature sleek designs and fanciful colors.
What To Look In a Filterless Purifier
I commend you for making a big progress in your search. But, you are not yet done. There are a few more things you need to look at. Here are 5 things to look into before you make your decision:
High Percentage of Eliminated Airborne Particles
It is logic that you would love a car that rides on any terrain, uses less fuel, and plies at a speed of over 200Km/h if you love speed. It is the same with purifiers. A good filterless air purifier should be able to eliminate virtually all germs, bacteria, viruses, pollutants and any form of toxins at home.
There is a misconception that a machine that consumes less energy is ineffective. On the contrary! While there is some truth in the argument, it does not apply with filterless air purifiers.
A good air purifier should be strong enough to clean the air inside the room you desire. At the same time, it should not make you pay the highest electricity bill in your life.
A good filterless air purifier should help you clean the air inside the room. If possible, purchase an air cleaner that will purify the air inside your entire house. Some filterless air purifiers have the ability to cover an area as large as 3,500 square feet. If you go for an air purifier that works only inside a 300-sq ft room, it means you need more time to complete a 5-roomed house.
It is important to anticipate problems and prepare for them. Sometimes electric appliances can misbehave thanks to power fluctuations, a lot of work or simply because of mechanical or electrical malfunctions. Because of this, it is prudent to go for air purifiers whose manufacturers offer the most generous warranties, let’s say 5 or even 10 years.
Benefits of Filter Free Air Purifiers
Most people prefer filterless air purifiers and I now know why. You too can agree that these benefits are worth it. Look at these 5 main benefits:
- No extra maintenance costs.
- Most of them are very affordable.
- They cover large areas compared to their HEPA filter sisters.
- Many of them are extremely light.
- They are noiseless.
I believe after looking at several factors to consider when choosing an air cleaner; you have found the best filterless air purifier for your own use.