If you live in a home that has dogs and cats, there is no doubt that you see a lot of fur, pet dander, and odors around the house. While a vacuum cleaner can help get rid of the pet hair, fur, and dander, it will not help in the clearing of the odor. It is for this reason you need the best air purifier for pets. With it, you will not only get rid of the pet odor but also help clean your home any bad air.
There are many pet air purifiers on the market today. However, not all offer the same degree of service. Others give quality service for a short time, while others offer sterling performance for a long time.
In this article, I try to share with you some of the most preferred air purifiers for pets on the market. In the end, you will find the best air purifier for pet dander, air purifier for dogs, air purifier for cat hair, the best air purifier for pet allergies and asthma among others. As we start this list of 10 air purifiers for pets, dander, hair, and odors, be keen to see which air purifier for pets suits your home and budget. But first, here is a comparison table of 5 best air purifiers for pets.
Comparison Table of 5 Best Air Purifiers for Pets
|Picture||Name||Filter Type||Ratings [/5]|
|Picture||Name||Filter Type||Ratings [/5]|
|Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner||True HEPA, Carbon Filter, Hair Collecting Pre-Filter||4.4|
|Alen BreatheSmart Classic Fur Family SmartBundle Air Purifier||HEPA||4.5|
|Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover, 465 sq. Ft, HPA300||HEPA||4.2|
|Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier (SPA-550A)||Carbon||4.8|
|LEVOIT LV-PUR131 Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter||True HEPA||4.4|
Best Air Purifier for Pets Reviews
1. Oransi OV200 Air Purifier, White – Best Air Purifier for Pets
Many homeowners choose Oransi OV200 for its exemplary performance for people have asthma.
The purifier reduces the intensity of asthma and its symptoms by cleaning off any dust in the bedroom, dander, allergies, and mold spores.
It comes with a HEPA filter efficiency of 99.99 percent, reason why you can trust it. Most clients who have used this device say that it is ideal for medium-size rooms. You can expect the best results if you place this air purifier in a room of 20 by 20 feet. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
Setting up the Oransi OV200 is pretty much easy. Perhaps, this is one reason why many people love to use this air purifier for pets in their bedrooms.
With the electronic controls, together with a remote control, it is not hard to operate the appliance. Additionally, Oransi OV200 has a 3-fan speed, clean indicator, and a filter replacement in case it gets dirty.
You might also be interested in best car air purifier for smoke
- It is light. At only 10 lbs, you can easily carry it around the house.
- It can clean a medium-size room (20 x 20 feet).
- Pretty easy to use.
- Comes with a remote control thus you can operate it from your bed.
- The clean LED indicator helps you know when to clean the purifier.
- Comes with a 10-year warranty.
- Works on a small space (400 square feet), not the whole house.
2. Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Air Cleaner For Pet With HEPA Filter and PlasmaWave Technology– Best Air Purifier for Pet Dander and Hair
Of the many air purifiers for pets in the market, Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Air Cleaner stands out because it has a washable carbon filter.
Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Air Cleaner comes with a high HEPA filtration ability that cleans pollutants that include pet odor, dander, and allergens at almost 100 percent. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
The washable pre-filter, which comes with this air purifier for pet odor extends the machine’s life by capturing large airborne particles as well as pet hair.
With a Smart Sensor, Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Air Cleaner has the ability to detect dirt and any air pollution in the house. This is an incredible ability. As you see, this best air purifier for pets does the sensing work for you. By the time, your nostrils sense unclean air, Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Air Cleaner has sensed and cleaned it if it’s on.
The Auto-Mode, Light and Dust Sensors also play a big role in running the machine. The best thing you will like about these three features is that if set correctly, they will work even when you are away.
- Comes with Smart Sensor, Auto-Mode, Light and Dust Sensor.
- The PlasmaWave Technology proves to be the best in attacking bacteria, viruses, and any pollutant before they attack homeowners.
- It is heavy. At 24.3 pounds, it may prove to be heavy in the event of relocating it.
Alen BreatheSmart Maple is among the best air purifiers for allergies and pets that you can trust. Why? It has a LIFETIME WARRANTY!
At 21 pounds, Alen BreatheSmart air purifier is a super impressive purifier that will clean a bigger space that is up to 1,100 sq feet.
Alen BreatheSmart Allergen-Reducing Classic SmartBundle Fur Family Natural Maple has 15 color options and 4 filter types, making it one of the best air purifiers for pet allergies. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
With a SmartSensor feature, it is easy for Alen BreatheSmart air cleaner to detect any pollutant close to it and promptly adjusts to alter the pollution.
Even when running at its highest speed, Alen BreatheSmart Allergen-Reducing Classic SmartBundle consumes less energy. In fact, it hardly gets past 105W.
While most air purifiers for pets in the market work at night, they tend to disturb homeowners when asleep due to their noise. That is different with Alen BreatheSmart Allergen-Reducing Classic SmartBundle Fur Family Natural Maple. This best air purifier for pets generates soothing red, pink, and white noise at night. The result is that the soothing sound masks any disruptive sounds. This leaves you with a peaceful night and in a clean environment.
- It has a LIFETIME WARRANTY!
- Suitable for big rooms (1,100 square feet).
- Releases soothing sound that makes sleeping peacefully.
- Designed to be used with an inverter for those without an AC power source.
- At 21 lbs, it may be heavy to others.
- The Lifetime Warranty applies to a few countries (U.S., Canada, and Mexico).
- It is a bit difficult to operate. The changing of colors from Yellow, Red, and Blue may be confusing.
4. Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover HPA300 – best air purifier for cat allergies
Honeywell HPA300 manufacturer says that this purifier has the ability to clean the air around it up to 5x more in an hour than most of its competitors.
It is fitted with a nice-looking control panel that will give you easy time when setting it up.
When used in optimum conditions, Honeywell HPA300 will help you clean allergens and any other germ-carrying air up to 99.97 percent. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- It performs well in x-large rooms.
- It gives quality service when genuine parts are replaced upon wearing out.
- It is loud.
- The replacement HEPA filters are expensive.
5. GermGuardian AC5250PT 3-In-1 Large Room Purifier for Pet – Best Air Purifier for Pets
You have every reason to trust GermGuardian. The manufacturer has been on the market long enough to produce quality appliances. GermGuardian AC5250PT is one of those cleaning appliances.
GermGuardian AC5250PT is ideal for cleaning any pollutant that emanates from dust mites, pollen, and pet dander. It is also the best air purifier for odors because it has been proven to filter and reduce smoking odor, pet odor, and several other common odors in the house like the odor when preparing food.
This air purifier is fitted with a UV-C Light Technology. With it, you are assured that no bacteria, fungi, virus, or any other germs will invade your home. In case these microorganisms do, GermGuardian AC5250PT 3-In-1 28 will utilize the UV-C Light Technology to annihilate the trouble-causing microorganisms. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
Perhaps, it is important to know how this air purifier manages to do so. The UV-C Light Technology collaborates with the Titanium Dioxide that is generated inside the air purifier when set on to eliminate the microbes.
GermGuardian AC5250PT 3-In-1 best air purifier for pet dander comes with the ability to increase and reduce filtering and purification speed in 5 different categories. With this ability, you are able to quickly clean the air thus saving energy consumption, or do it slowly if you are not in a hurry.
- Has a UV-C Light Technology that eliminate harmful microorganisms.
- Super quiet best air purifier for cat allergies.
- It is light, at 10 lbs.
- A single air filter can last for up to 8 months. This gives you ample time to look for money to order a new filter when the time comes.
- 5-year warranty.
- May not be ideal for those with big rooms (works best in rooms that do not exceed 180 square feet).
- The 5-year warranty is limited. Check the user’s manual for details.
Do you stay in a house or room that is about 25 square feet? If you experience breathing difficulties or sense that the surrounding air inside your room is contaminated, you need Rabbit Air BioGS SPA-550A.
Rabbit Air BioGS SPA-550A is unique for several reasons. One of the main reasons why you should pick this to be the best air purifier for pet allergies and asthma is that it is super quiet. Yes, the air purifier is indeed quiet and cannot disrupt you when asleep. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
On its highest speed setting, since it has 5 different speeds, Rabbit Air BioGS SPA-550A can clean the air twice in a 550-sq ft room. Ideally, very few air purifiers for pet odor have this amazing ability.
This air purifier comes with extremely durable filters. These filters are different from many of those fitted inside its competitors. For instance, while filters in other air purifiers last for up to 8 months before changing, Rabbit Air BioGS SPA-550A’s carbon-based and HEPA-activated filters can last up to 36 months (3 years!).
To save energy, Rabbit Air BioGS SPA-550A’s interface lights go off when it is idle. Additionally, you do not have to guess when to change the filter. The air purifier is fitted with a LED indicator that switches itself on when it is due time to replace the filter.
- You will love this purifier because it is childproof. You can simply remove the front interface panel to avoid children from tampering with it when you are not home.
- Doesn’t consume a lot of energy.
- It will help you save money since the carbon-activated filters last for 3 years.
- Super quiet when running at its lowest speed.
- None so far.
LEVOITLV-PUR131 has many attributes that you will find impressive. For instance, in part, this best air purifier for dog hair is also referred to as odor and allergies eliminator. There is more.
This air purifier comes with an auto monitor that can easily clean the air inside a room that measures approximately 322 square feet.
Although LEVOITLV-PUR131 does better in small rooms, there are ample reasons to believe that it is capable of cleaning even the most complex pollutants. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
Speaking of complex pollutants, you can think of smoke and ashes that emanate from wildfire. This is how powerful this 120V motor LEVOITLV-PUR131 is.
LEVOITLV-PUR131 is equipped with a Smart Auto feature that does a wonderful job on its own. As long as the power supply is set on, the Smart Auto feature will do two things:
- It will sense the surrounding air quality. As if that is not enough, the machine will do the second thing.
- The Smart Auto feature will suggest the fan speed. This will be done whether you are in the house or not.
Then there is the sleep mode that helps homeowners to clean the air inside their houses the entire night. When at the sleep mode, LEVOITLV-PUR131 adjusts itself to the lowest speed, one that does not produce any sound that might disrupt anyone who is asleep. You will be breathing fresh air until you wake up in the morning.
- Elaborate control panel with an intuitive touch.
- The Smart Auto Sensor and the Sleep Mode will help you detect the air and clean it noiselessly.
- It is a very responsible appliance. If you remove the back cover, it won’t be possible to power it on. This is an ingenious way to avoid any catastrophe in case you live with children. They might want to try anything and everything when you are away.
- The auto setting has an annoying slow turn sound of the fan and the highest setting has a high pitch sound. If you are using this in a bedroom, the only settings i’d recommend that you can use are low and medium.
From the name, the air purifier is suitable for cleaning dust, smoke, mold, germs, allergens, and other odors in large rooms. Do you live in a big house or stay in a large room? This is the best air purifier for pets you have been looking for.
The primary reason that will make you love this best pet air purifier is that it has a carbon type filter. What is unique about the filter type? Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
With a carbon, filter type, coupled with AeraMax 300 Large Room Air Purifier’s AeraSafe Antimicrobial Treatment True HEPA Filtration, you will be sure that there will be no germ-infiltration to your home.
To keep your large room aerated, AeraMax 300 Large Room Air Purifier’s AeraSmart Sensor monitors the air quality the entire time the appliance is set on. Afterwards, the air purifier will adjust the fan speed by itself, enabling the machine to clean the air in the room.
AeraMax 300 Large Room Air Purifier is certified asthma-friendly. With this certification, you shouldn’t worry to buy it for your home if anyone in the family has asthma or is sensitive to allergies.
- Good for large rooms (300 sq ft – 600 sq ft).
- The auto-detecting technology known as the AeraSmart Sensor works even when you are asleep thus convenient.
- The carbon filter and the antimicrobial treatment work together to kill germs and allergens.
- Nice color (white).
- Hard to turn the ion function off. It is permanently on.
9. GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA 3-in-1 Air Purifier That Traps Mold, Smoke, Pet Dander, Germs, Odors, and Allergens
Guardian Technologies will stop at nothing to bring you some of the best air purifiers for allergies and pets. For this reason, GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA is an all-round air purifier.
GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA is fitted with carbon filters. This is one reason why you should love this home cleaning appliance. With the carbon filters, you are sure that all common odors, whether from the kitchen, smoke, pets or even as a result of mold are dealt with. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
Together with Titanium Dioxide, UV-C Light Technology, though optional, helps kill harmful microorganisms that are responsible for causing illness. We are speaking of mold spores, germs, airborne bacteria, fungi, and viruses.
It has a powerful motor and comes with a 3-fan speed changer.
With all these generous features, GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA is ideal for small rooms. The air purifier can suitably clean to completion, air that is inside a room, which measures 150 square feet or thereabout.
- Easy replacements: when changing the carbon filter, you have an option of buying a pack of four. These will push you for a long time, considering that it takes up to 8 months before you replace a single filter.
- It is light, weighing 9.5 lbs.
- Has a higher annoying sound when running at a higher speed.
10. Hamilton Beach 04384 Air Purifier – Best Air Purifier for Pets
Hamilton Beach 04384 Ultra Quiet Odor Eliminator is one of the high-end best air purifiers for pet dander in the market. Many homeowners living with one or several pets prefer this air purifier for pet odor. Find out more.
Did you see the words ‘Permanent HEPA Filter’ from the name of this air purifier? It means a lot. Compared to replaceable filters, the Hamilton Beach 04384 Permanent HEPA Filter will help you save money for life. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
Although the main HEPA Filter is permanent, you will also realize that Hamilton Beach 04384 Ultra Quiet air purifier has two carbon zeolite filters. However, you shouldn’t be worried, they do not get dirty easily. The two zeolite carbon filters are replaceable and have the ability to clean and eliminate all pet odors from the house.
- Super light, weighing 6.3 lbs.
- It is ultra quiet.
- Saves money thanks to its permanent HEPA Filter.
- It only works effectively in small rooms (140 square feet).
After looking at the above list, which gives you the opportunity to find the best air purifier for pets, you may still wonder if indeed it is beneficial to use an air purifier. The following section addresses some of the irrefutable benefits of using an air purifier in your home and office.
Benefits of Using an Air Purifier for Pets
Each one of us needs clean air. Without it, it is easy to develop breathing complications. The end of it is fatal. It is for this reason you need to ensure that your surrounding is clean and free from any pollutants.
- Cleans Bad Odors
One of the main uses of an air purifier is to get rid of bad odors. Doesn’t it smell bad a house full of litter, mold and any other foul smell? Definitely! To stay in such a house, you first need to clean the smell. The best way to do so is to use the best air purifier for pet odor.
- Aids in A Healthy Family
Many people who live in unclean environments suffer from periodical allergy-related diseases. From time immemorial, certain airborne diseases such as asthma and other allergies have been associated with living in unclean surroundings.
However, if you have a tendency of using the best air purifier for pet allergies and asthma in your home, you won’t make regular visits to a doctor.
- Kills Germs
Although not all air purifiers are known to be equipped with this ability, there are a few that come with the capacity to eliminate harmful microorganisms. Some of the air purifiers that have UV-C function have been mentioned in the list of the Best Air Purifier For Pets, Dander, Hair And Odors above.
Do not be amazed! Some of these air purifiers have the ability to kill to completion, fungi, bacteria, viruses, and other germs.
Now that you know the top 3 benefits of using an air purifier in your home, how will you know the best air purifier? Well, I have to be honest that it isn’t easy to select the best air purifier for pets.
However, you are not left alone. The following section delves in that subject.
Buyer’s Guide: Things To Consider When Looking For the Best Air Purifier for Pets
This guide points to 5 main things you need to consider when you are in the verge of looking for the best air purifier for pet allergies and asthma.
The air purifier’s features are the first thing to consider when you are out there to search for an air purifier. Speaking of features, you need to look at things such as HEPA filters, UV-C Led indicators, carbon filters, different smart sensors, and sleep modes and stuff like that. You also need to understand how each of the features works and differs from the other.
2. Size Of Your Home
Another point is the size of the house. As you have seen from the list of the Best Air Purifier For Pets above, some air purifiers are ideal for small rooms (140 square feet) while others are designed for larger rooms (625 square feet and above).
3. Upkeep and Maintenance of the Air Purifier
It is true that different air purifiers require different maintenance and upkeep services. Some require quick occasional maintenance while others need constant upkeep.
You will know the amount of upkeep an air purifier needs by reading the user’s manual and from honest reviews from your fellow users. These honest opinions are available online.
A good purifier shouldn’t emit a lot of noise. This is especially important if you intend to use the air purifier at night when most people in your home will be asleep.
5. Size and Portability
You will agree with me that the size of the air purifier is a point of concern. Most air purifiers for pet odor in the market are sizeable. Nonetheless, a few in the market prove bulky, and take a large space.
I’m pretty sure that the Best Air Purifier For Pets, Dander, Hair And Odors, Benefits of Using an Air Purifier, and the Buyer’s Guide: Things To Consider When Looking For the Best Air Purifier for Pets have inculcated valuable insights in you. Let this information help you find the best air purifier for pets for your home.