An air purifier is a device that removes contaminants from the air thus providing cleaner air for you to breathe. Different air purifiers will remove different types of contaminants from the air. These contaminants range from bacteria, pollen, odor and viruses. Each air purifier has a specific type of filter which is designed to get rid of certain type of particles. There are different aspects to look at in your quest to find best air purifier for odor elimination.
Top Rated Air Purifiers for Odor Elimination
|Picture||Name||Key Features||Rating [/5]|
|Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier - (SPA-700A, White, Odor Remover)||•Activated Carbon filter|
•Advanced BioGS HEPA Filter
|Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner with PlasmaWave Technology||•Washable Advanced Activated Carbon filter. |
• PlasmaWave Technology
|Alen Customizable Air Purifier with HEPA-Pure Filter for Allergies and Dust (White, 1-Pack) - BreatheSmart-Pure||•HEPA Pure filter.||4.6|
|Rowenta PU6020 Intense Pure Air XL Air Purifier with Pollution Sensors and 4-Filters Including HEPA Filter and Formaldehyde-Free Technology and Odor Eliminator||•A patented Nanocaptur filter which destroys formaldehyde.|
•True HEPA filter.
Some of these features include:
It stands for High Efficiency Particulate Air [HEPA]. This type of air cleaners gets rid of most dust particles and allergens that cause breathing problems thus highly recommended by doctors.
Some of the best odor eliminator air purifiers uses Ionization filter technology. They send out negatively charged ions into the air that attach to positively charged particles like dust and other common allergens. Hence these particles become heavy and fall to the ground and therefore they do not enter into your lungs when breathing.
UV Light and Activated Carbon Filters.
AUV Light uses technology hence has the ability to kill harmful viruses, bacteria and other pathogens that make you ill. An Activated Carbon Filter removes particles from the air that cause odors and smell. It is efficient air purifier for odor removal created by chemicals, mold, smoke, paint, pets and other factors.
What is the best air purifier for odors?
Some of the best air purifiers for odor elimination on the market right now include:
1. Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Odor Remover Air Purifier – Best Air Purifier for Odor Elimination
Rabbit air purifier has a sleek modern design. It cannot be compared to the traditional round shaped air purifiers that you are used to seeing. It is also silent and you will barely realize that it is turned on. It’s nothing like the traditional air purifiers which can sometimes be loud and only then will you understand the best air purifier for odor elimination should be a silent unit. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
This product has a six stage purification system.
- Pre-filter. This is where polluted air must pass through so that contaminants can be captured.
- Medium filter. Large pollen, mold and dust particles are captured since they are small and can easily bypass the pre-filter.
- Advanced BioGS HEPA Filter. This HEPA filer captures 99.97% of allergens, pollens, virus and fungi particles.
- Customized filter. It doubles the protection with a variety of customized filters for specific needs especially pet allergy, odor remover, and germ defines or toxin absorber.
- Activated Carbon filter. It gets rid of odors, smoke and chemical vapors.
- Ion Generator. An ionizer, which is the last of line of defense, captures the tiniest of pollutants and traps them into filters.
These six layer filtration make the Rabbit Air MinusA2 extremely powerful.
It’s the first air purifier that not only uses one but twice the pre-filtration thus reduces most of the large and medium pollutant objects.
It increases efficiency and life time of MinusA2’s True HEPA filter so that it can last up to two years. This enables you to reduce the cost of HEPA filter replacement.
- High performance.
- Advanced Air Filtration process.
- Ultra quiet.
- Lowest energy cost.
- Basic cost of filter replacement is high. See our reviews for best budget air purifiers
2. Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner – Best Air Purifier for Pet Odors
Winix is the best air purifier for pet odors especially if you like pets. You will encounter pet problems from time to time such as pet hair, pet dander and fur. Winix WAC9500 is the best air purifier for odor elimination for solving pet related air contaminations. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
It has the following features:
- Pre filter. It helps capture large objects of contaminants like pet hair.
- True HEPA filter. It captures 99.97% of down to 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles and fungi particles.
- CleanCel Anti Bacterial Treatment. It provides a layer of protection to your quality though it is not a physical filter.
- Activated Carbon filter. It reduces common household chemicals and eliminates odors and smell.
- Winix PlasmaWave Technology. It’s the last line of defense which reduces the amount of pollutants and can be switched on or off.
It features the unique technology of winix plasmawave which produces both positive and negative ions. Plasmawave technology gets rid of most toxic contaminants when combined with True HEPA filter.
It is also considered the safest technology to combat with smallest bacteria since it’s not like the ionizer which irritates asthma and respiratory issues. Plasmawave technology is considered to be the strongest competitive edge of this brand.
Since Winix WAC9500 is a high-end machine, it must have a smart sensor to adjust your air cleaner settings to meet the needs of your environment automatically.
Winix WAC9500 covers 284 sq. ft which is the AHAM verified room space and it is also quiet.
So, how does this hygiene machine qualify to be best air purifier for odor elimination? let’s explore its pros:
- Unique, powerful and safe plasmawave technology.
- Very quiet.
- Smart features such as a smart sensor.
- Good performance rating.
- Only have one year warranty.
- Electromagnetic interference from certain electronics may cause product malfunction.
- Some still claim that plasmawave irritate asthma.
3. Alen Customizable Air Purifier with HEPA Pure filter – Best Air Purifier to Remove Odors
It is certainly among the list of the best air purifier for odor elimination suitable for big rooms (as high as 1100 sq. ft ). And provides clean air by eliminating 99.7% of airborne particles that are dangerous for your well-being. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
The Alen BreatheSmart is a customizable and lightweight air purifier for odor removal that highlights both smart technology and a simple, yet stylish design.
The unit’s sound is of low frequency sound that is somewhat pleasant. It is also supplied with push button controls that are simple to use, a magnetized front panel and an energetic air quality sensor.
It is ideal for open areas and other large rooms up to 1100 sq.ft. This air purifier silently and effectively gets rid of allergens, odors and dust, cleaning your air in less than two hours.
It uses smart sensor innovation ensuring your home is fresh and clean when it is put on auto mode. The sensor monitors the air conditions of a room in real time and will adapt itself accordingly.
Alen BreatheSmart uses a 3 stage air filtration process to purify the polluted air inside your home.
- Pre filter. This is where dirty air at first passes through a washable black foam layer. The pre filter can be either vacuumed or washed frequently to ensure right filtration.
- HEPA Pure filter. It captures 99.9% of all airborne pollutants .The filter is more efficient in capturing pollen and other particles since it is made of electrostatically charged components.
- Ozone- safe ionization phase. It is triggered by pressing the ion button on the top panel. Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier has an advanced ionization system that does not generate dangerous ozone.
Finally the pollutant free purified air is sent out through the top. It is a bit larger than other models. It is the best air cleaner for odors since it delivers clean air using less power compared to other air purifiers.
- Worth your money.
- Has a nice design.
- Works exactly as described.
- Stylish light indicator at the top which shows the level of cleanliness.
- Loud at times but not disturbing.
- Takes a bit of space.
4. Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA, odor reducing washable AOC Carbon Filter –Best air cleaner for odors
Winix is a Korean based company, with more than 40 years of experience in air filtration, focusing on the home air quality, guaranteeing as one of the best air purifier for odor removal manufacturers. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
It has a button which is much easier to press than Winix WAC9500. It also has one LED smart sensor with 3 different colors to show you exactly the current air quality status in your room. From the front of Winix 5500-2, there’s an intake grill to bring in the air.
In the manual, manufacturers state that you should not put Winix 5500-2 in direct sunlight in order to avoid failure of the product. It has two handles making it easy for you move it anywhere in the house because the weight is only 15.4 Ibs. It has four stages of air purification combining all the greatest Winix technology to purify your home air. They include:
- Pre filter. It is a permanent pre filter since it is washable. It captures large particles of contaminants that is pollen, dust and pet hair.
- True HEPA filter. The filter cannot be washed and captures 99.97% of down to 0.3 microns allergens, virus particles and pollen.
- Activated Carbon filter. It is made high grade granular activated carbon which protects against VOCs. It is odor eliminator machine and reduces smoke. This filter is washable to extend its effectiveness.
- Winix Plasmawave Technology. This technology is a kind of ionizer which further reduces the amount of pollutants. It can either be switched on or off.
Winix 5500-2 utilizes the powerful True HEPA filter with the well- known Plasmawave Technology to destroy even the smallest of pollutant particles. It is the best air purifier with a washable filter.
Hydroxyl Radicals that are formed by Plasmawave attack airborne pollutants that include viruses, bacteria, germs, odors and chemical gases (VOCs). The destroyed pollutants in the process will reform into the water vapor or harmless water molecules.
Winix 5500-2 covers a larger room with a better CADR rating than even the later models of Winix air purifiers. It has a good smart sensor that comes with a remote which helps detect the change in air quality.
- Advanced technology.
- You get value for your price.
- High overall performance.
- Unpleasant smell.
- Some still claim that Plasmawave irritate asthma.
- Electromagnetic interference from certain electronics may cause product malfunction.
5. Rowenta PU6020 Intense Pure Air Purifier with pollution sensor for odor elimination– Best Air Purifier for Odor Elimination
This air cleaner is ideal for someone who needs relief from common allergens and would like to reduce household odors and formaldehyde levels in their home.
It features four stages of filtration that is:
- Pre filter. It is a washable filter for large particles for example dust, common odors, smoke and VOCs. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- HEPA filter. It filters microscopic particles.
- Granulated carbon filter which reduces odor and gases.
- A patented Nanocaptur filter which destroys formaldehyde – a dangerous carcinogen. It is commonly found in homes due to cleaning products, paints, pressed wood, candles and building materials.
LCD controls with a smart pollution senor and visual display keeps you informed and in control of your environment. It cleans up to 861 sq. ft and comes with a 2 year warranty.
It has a smart sensor technology ensuring that this air purifier will adjust itself to address the ongoing air quality changes in your home. Rowenta’s air quality display provides visual feedback on your current air quality.
It operates quietly and its night mode ensures air quality remains quite enough for a good night’s sleep. It is attractive yet dimmable blue ambient mood lighting around the air outlet.
- Operations are quiet making it suitable for rooms such as offices and bedrooms.
- The pre filter never needs a replacement since it is washable.
- Rowenta’s nanocaptur filter targets formaldehyde, a known carcinogen.
- Ensures low operating costs as a result of low energy consumption.
- There’s real time air quality feedback due to air quality supply.
- Auto mode provides ongoing, reactive air quality.
- Replacing filters can be costly.
6. LEVOIT LV-PUR131 Air Purifiers for Home with True HEPA Filter, Cleaner for large room for odor elimination
Levoit is one of the best manufacturers of air purifier for odor elimination for many years. Levoit LV-PUR131 is a powerful air purifier device in Levoit’s battle with asthma and allergies. It has a commercial True HEPA filter that is being tested strictly to meet the highest standards. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
It costs the same compared to Winix 5500-2 and the old Honeywell HPA300. It has a life time support, latest technology and it’s prettier of the three. Levoit LV-PUR131 has a basic design and there are more spaces inside this air purifier than the portable LV-H132 so you are able to put inside the larger air filter. It is still slim looking and can fit easily anywhere in your house since it is only 7 inches in depth and 18 inches in height.
It has these basic filters:
- Pre filter. It is effective at neutralizing airborne large objects like dust.
- True HEPA filter. It can reduce 99.97% of down to 0.3 microns of all contaminant particles.
- Activated Carbon Filter. This filter must have to remove odors and smoke.
- Thin, well-built body.
- Slightly quiet.
- Much improved performance.
- Thick carbon filter
- Motor becomes hot after months of using.
7. Honeywell AirGenius 5 Air Cleaner/ Odor Reducer 250 sq. ft – best air purifier for odors with a washable filter
- Pre filter. It’s washable and odor reducing.
- Permanent washable main filter stage.
- Electronic Ionizer stage.
Both pre filter and main filter (called an “ifD” type of Honeywell) can be washed and reused. Click here to see latest on Amazon.
Its room size rating is 250 sq. ft with a 5 speed fan. It does not produce noise during sleep mode. Electronic torch controls and has dual speed blower fans.
Honeywell has a carrying handle located on the top rear portion of the body which is a convenient feature due to its large size and somewhat heavy weight.
It provides an estimated life span for the permanent ifD filter of about 5 years with 4 washes and reuses per year. The pre filter’s general purpose is to get rid of pet hair per hour and dust.
The filter should be replaced every three months. Ionizers use electric charge to cause airborne particles to be pulled from the outgoing flow.
- Super quite.
- Easy to clean.
- Very low running of electricity.
- Washable filters that last forever.
- The light at the top are too bright you must cover them at night.
7. Hamilton Beach Air Purifier for odor eliminator, allergies and pets – Best Air Purifier for Odor Elimination
Hamilton Beach is a trustworthy brand for home accessories since 1940. It was invented with the idea to make it last as long as permanently.
In this air purifier you will have:
- Permanent HEPA type filter. It works like other high end machine’s pre filter and can capture most of the large objects like large pollen, dust and pet hair.
- 2 zeolite Activated Carbon filters. This targets cooking smell and pet odors such as urine which acts as a good air purifier to remove urine odor. The HEPA filter is permanent since you can vacuum or wash it.
Hamilton Beach does not have any sort of any smart feature. It emits a burning smell after being used for a long time due to cheap material.
You need to clean the permanent HEPA filter regularly to avoid this burning smell and will help reduce the noise of this air purifier. It is the best air purifier for cooking odors . This air purifier for odors is really light weight and small in size as it designed for personal use. It’s effective for 100sq ft 100m.
- Cheap carbon filter replacement cost.
- Small in size.
- No annual HEPA filter replacement cost.
- Low budget range.
- Only covers an area of 100 sq. ft.
- Has a burning smell after a long time.
- Lacks smart features.
- No true HEPA filter.
Things to look out for when buying the best air purifier for odor elimination
- CARD Rating.
This is the most important rating which stands for Clean Air Delivery Rate. This rating is calculated by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) which stamps its certification only on products that meet specific criteria. These types of devices have a scientifically backed set of numbers that tells you the exact effectiveness of an air purifying product.
- ACH Rating.
It stands for Air Changes Per Hour Rating. It’s important because it tells you how often the air is exchanged each hour by the device. The higher the number, the better the product operates.
- Maximum Space Coverage
When you are buying air purifier for odor removal, you need to find out the maximum space coverage it can purify. Each purifier is designed to purify a space up to a certain amount of square footage.
- Energy Star Certification
You should ensure that a product includes the Energy Star Certification whenever comparing air purifiers. This will give you an assurance that the device will neither waste your money that is in terms of high electric bills nor use high energy.
I hope that this list of the best air purifier for odor elimination has been of help to you to enable you to make good decisions while buying the products. It is highly recommended that you check your air purifiers’ size and room capability. Ensure your air purifier will meet your needs to avoid having a higher cost than normal.
What Type of Odor Are You Looking to Remove?
I advise you that you ought to know your problem first so that you can know which is the best odor eliminator air purifier that will fix it.
- Prevention of dust. You should use an air purifier with a HEPA filter because it will help prevent dust as much as possible.
- Trapping pet hair and dander. All of HEPA air purifiers especially True HEPA ones can capture pet hair and dander with no difficulty. This one will be found in the best air purifier for pets.
- Removing odors and smoke. You must use an Activated Carbon filter to help eliminate smells and smoke. Air purifiers for odor removal can be used as reference.
- Helping with your allergies. Airborne allergens cause many unpleasant symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, eye irritation and many more. True HEPA filter air purifiers are the best one for you. You can refer to best air purifiers for allergies.
- Reducing asthma. You should aim at True HEPA filter and if you have a problem with ion you should stop using ionizer immediately.
I hope you find your best air purifier for odor elimination.