10 Best Air Purifiers to Help You with Pet Allergies and Asthma
Imagine this: You live in an area full of perpetual pollen. You have a large dog in your house. And you’re asthmatic.
At the very least, you’re susceptible to harmful air that could trigger respiratory problems. But you can easily manage harmful air triggers, like pet dander and allergens, with the best air purifier for pet allergies and asthma.
Table of Contents
- 1 10 Best Air Purifiers to Help You with Pet Allergies and Asthma
- 1.1 What are the Best Air Purifiers for Pet Allergies and Asthma?
- 1.2 1. Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifiers for Pet Allergies and Asthma
- 1.3 2. RabbitAir MinusA2 SPA-780 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier
- 1.4 3. Medify MA-40 Medical Grade True HEPA (H13) Air Purifier
- 1.5 4. Dyson Pure Cool, TP04 – HEPA Air Purifier and Tower Fan
- 1.6 5. Alen BreatheSmart 75i Air Purifier – Best Air Purifier for Pet Allergies and asthma
- 1.7 6. Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA
- 1.8 7. Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover – Best HEPA Air Purifier for Asthma
- 1.9 8. Germ Guardian AC4300BPTCA 22″ 3-in-1 True HEPA Filter Air Purifier for Home and Pets
- 1.10 9. IQAir [HealthPro Plus Air Purifier] Medical-Grade Air [HyperHEPA Filter]
- 1.11 10. LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Large Room with True HEPA Filter
- 1.12 What to Look for When Buying the Best Air Purifiers for Pet Allergies and Asthma
What are the Best Air Purifiers for Pet Allergies and Asthma?
Here is a rundown of the best-rated air purifiers you can use to control pet allergies and asthma on the go.
1. Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifiers for Pet Allergies and Asthma
Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier ranks incredibly well in design and performance. With tons of built-in air cleansing features, this unit can help you improve your house’s air quality all day. For the price, you’re getting a smart device that can quickly eliminate odors, allergies, dust, pollen, smokers, and asthma.
- Check the Prices
- The 6-in-1 filtration system is the driving wheel behind this unit’s effectiveness. The components of the system include a UV light sterilizer, a Nano-cold catalyst filter, an ionizer, an antibacterial filter, and a true HEPA filter. Together, these components help to protect your home from harmful particles imaginable while enhancing the quality of air around you.
- The live sensing technology is sensitive enough to determine air quality in your space. The testing, diagnosis, and treatment of air happen in real-time. This allows you to know the quality of the air you breathe every single second.
- It features three speed modes: low, medium, and high. As such, you can set the speed at which you’d like to purify the air in your house.
- This product is affordable, so it’s a good option if you’re looking for the best air purifier on a budget for pet allergies and asthma.
- The six layers of filtration work exceptionally well.
- It’s energy efficient and requires little effort and cost to maintain.
- It has an excellent design and several fancy functionality options.
- Hathaspace is a new company in the business. And while this is not a deal breaker, it may bother some people.
2. RabbitAir MinusA2 SPA-780 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier
RabbitAir has been in business since 2004. And the brand has built a big name for itself, primarily by designing the best air purifier for allergies. The MinusA2, an ultra-quiet unit, is a true quality statement and a multifunctional device that you can use even in your baby’s room.
At the very least, this cleaner can eliminate pet odors, cooking and mildew smell, and toxic air from cigarettes and cigars.
- Check the Prices
- The 6-in-1 filtration system is this product’s most vital selling point. The pre-filter, the medium filter, the advanced BioGS HEPA filter, the ion generator, the activated carbon filter, and the customized filter all work together to get rid of large and small particles that pollute the air in your space.
- The SPA-780 has decent room coverage. It can cover up to 815 square feet. That’s 115 more square feet than what the SPA-700 gives you.
- Another impressive feature is how fast this unit cleans the air in your room. To put this into perspective, the device can clean the air in your house in just 15 minutes. That’s four times in just an hour.
- This unit feature five fan speeds. And at the lowest settings during operation, you can be sure it won’t make any noise.
- This unit features a power consumption of just 61 watts. You can leave it running for hours and never worry about your electricity bill. And considering the function of this device, it’s definitely worth the investment.
- It has a mighty HEPA filter.
- It’s the best air filter for pet allergies and pollen dust.
- It features an attractive design, which you can easily mount on a wall.
- It’s quiet during operation, especially at low fan speed settings.
- It doesn’t feature a timer.
3. Medify MA-40 Medical Grade True HEPA (H13) Air Purifier
You may be in the market for medical air purifiers that do the job right. If that’s the case, you should consider Medify Air MA-40. Featuring room coverage of 860 square feet, this unit can quickly eliminate odor from practically any part of your home while enhancing the quality of fresh air.
- Check the Prices
Main features from Medify MA-40
- Weighing only 15 pounds total, this unit is so lightweight that you can quickly move it from one spot to another. At this weight, it’s strong enough to stand in position in case a child or pet runs by it. Moreover, the corner feet at the bottom protect the unit from sliding and falling, especially when placed on a hard surface.
- The most significant selling point of this unit is its high airflow rate. At the very least, it can clean air in a room as big as 800 square feet, circulating twice as much in just 60 minutes. The ability to deliver fresh air at 300 cubic feet per minute makes this unit one of the best air filters for allergies and asthma.
- The medical grade H13 filter has a pre-filtration filter, an activated carbon filter, and a true HEPA filter. These layers help to trap allergies and eliminate odors.
- It can purify the air in just a few minutes and maintain the new air quality.
- The filter is easy to remove and replace.
- This air purifier features a built-in timer.
- This device tests and purifies air in real-time.
- It doesn’t take up ample space.
- The replacement filter is costly.
4. Dyson Pure Cool, TP04 – HEPA Air Purifier and Tower Fan
If you’re looking for the best Dyson air purifier for asthma, then Dyson Pure Cool TP04 is the right option. This purifying tower fan is an upgrade of the TP01 and TP02. And it’s cheaper than the Dyson Pure Hot. This device boasts a Wi-Fi connection, a built-in feature that lets you remotely control the cleaner.
This top-rated air purifier is available in three different colors. You can opt for the iron + blue, choose the white + silver, or buy the black + silver option.
- The amplifier of this unit is quite tall, and it’s where the purifying effect comes from. The working concept of the amp is quite simple. It moves air around the house without the help of rotating blades.
- This cleaner has three unique control options. You can control the unit by adjusting the customizable feature directly from the LCD. You can use a remote control if you prefer to control the cleaner from a distance. Or you can use its dedicated mobile app if you prefer to use your smartphone for control.
- Dyson TP04 has two primary filters. The 360-degree glass HEPA is suitable for capturing all dust particles, even as small as 0.3 microns. The activated carbon filter helps to detect and remove odor from your room.
- The overall design of this unit is quite impressive.
- You can monitor air quality in real-time with the help of the LCD.
- The machine features an oscillation of 350 degrees.
- It’s popular because it cleans the air in your space efficiently.
- The filter is easy to replace.
- The fan tends to get noisy in polluted areas.
- This unit is quite expensive.
5. Alen BreatheSmart 75i Air Purifier – Best Air Purifier for Pet Allergies and asthma
BreatheSmart 75i is a true statement of design and performance. Built by a company that wants you to breathe fresh air all day long, this device is a grab-and-go option for someone who seriously needs a device that works well the entire time.
Like many intelligent air filters, it has earned itself a favorable rate for its time in the market. And this explains why it’s worth the asking price.
- Check the Prices
- Alen hasn’t changed the air circulation of this improved air purifier. Like the previous versions, it features a bottom-to-airflow. Although this mechanism isn’t nearly as powerful as the 360 degrees air system, it’s still good enough to maximize the efficiency of this unit. Overall, the performance of BreatheSmart 75i isn’t disappointing.
- BreatheSmart 75i has four up-to-the-standard filtration system that works quite well. These are pure, fresh, pet, and have a heavy odor. The pure filter can capture as many dangerous particles as possible, up to the size of 0.3 microns. The fresh filter, integrated with an activated charcoal filter, handles house odors and chemicals. The pet filter handles pet odors. And the heavy odor removes extremely smelly air from the house.
- This unit has a lifetime warranty, which isn’t something you get with many popular air purifiers.
- It comes in an extensive range of colors, so you can easily choose the one that pleases you.
- Alen has excellent customer support, which is something that buyers appreciate.
- It guarantees ample room coverage every time it’s in operation.
- This unit has a meager CADR rating.
- It’s a very expensive air purifier.
6. Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA
Coway wants to ensure that clean, healthy air gets to your respiratory system. And they built the AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier to help with the job. Ideally, this air purifier uses several filtration mechanisms to detect, diagnose, and purify indoor air efficiently.
Once set up and ready to use, this device can make a massive difference in the air you breathe.
- Check the Prices
Features of this air purifier
- The 4-in-1 filtration system is the best-selling feature of this air purifier. The pre-filter can easily capture large contaminants from mold, pet, and human air. The ionizer helps to enhance the freshness of the air you breathe. The activated carbon filter removes harmful gas in your surroundings, and the true HEPA filter captures even the smallest contaminant particles in your home.
- The room coverage of this unit is about 360 square feet. That’s too low compared to the coverage you get from Medify Air MA-40. Given its price, though, the small coverage is quite reasonable. With that said, Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier is likely to suit you if you live in a small house.
- The 4X ACH rating of this device makes it a convenient machine to use. The 4X here means the number of changes per hour. In this case, this unit can purify the air in your space four times in 60 seconds. That’s only 15 minutes per round.
- This device has an impressive CADR rating.
- The performance is satisfactory.
- The design is up to the standard.
- The room coverage is a bit small.
7. Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover – Best HEPA Air Purifier for Asthma
Honeywell isn’t new in the market. This Fortune 100 brand has built a firm name primarily by designing high-quality electronics for the target audience. Knowing just how famous and trustworthy this brand is, you can be sure their air purifier will give you the best value for your money.
Their True HEPA Allergen Remover is a tried and true air purifier for allergies that gets the job done 98% of the time. It’s not just an air purifier for asthma. It’s also one of the best air cleansers for smoke, dust, pollen, pet dander, germs, and odors.
- Check the Prices
- There isn’t a lot to this unit’s filtration system. But the 2-in-1 purification is still quite impressive. For the price, you get a pre-filter and a true HEPA filter. The pre-filter includes an activated carbon filter, which absorbs and traps dust particles of different sizes. The true HEPA filter can capture even the tiniest pollutants and clean up the air so that what you breathe is fresh and healthy.
- The room coverage of this is 460 square feet. This is still not close to Medify Air MA-40, but the coverage isn’t that bad. It’s better than the Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier, which has room coverage of only 360 square feet.
- This unit circulates air five times per hour.
- The device is AHAM certified, and it’s straightforward to use.
- It features impressive fan power.
- It guarantees a fantastic performance.
- This air purifier makes noise when it’s in use.
- You may experience a foul smell sometimes.
8. Germ Guardian AC4300BPTCA 22″ 3-in-1 True HEPA Filter Air Purifier for Home and Pets
Guardian Technologies may be a foreign brand to you, but they are also good at designing air purifiers for allergies and asthma. GermGuardian AC4300BTCA is one of the products designed by the brand. It has a good rating online, with tons of positive reviews on Amazon.
GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA is one of the top air filters for molds. And it doubles as the best air filter for a child with allergies.
It’s the cheapest air purifier on this list. Going for less than $100, this is the most affordable unit you can buy. It’s the best option to bring home if you’re on a very tight budget.
- Check the Prices
- This unit doesn’t have the best room coverage. So, it’s not ideal for large homes. To be precise, the unit has just 153 square feet of coverage. Unless you live in a small house, you may want to consider options like Coway AP-1512HH, Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover, or Medify Air MA-40.
- The AC4300BTCA is a 3-in-1 filtration system. In practice, the pre-filter, the UV-C light, and the true HEPA filter work together to eliminate toxic air from your room and supply clean, healthy air. You can be sure that you’ll breathe pure air as long as the machine operates.
- With an ACH rating of 4X, you can expect this unit to circulate fresh air in your room 4 times every 60 minutes.
- It’s the cheapest option on this list, hence a good deal for buyers on a tight budget.
- The design is excellent and overall modern.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty.
- It makes noise in high settings.
- It doesn’t have innovative features.
9. IQAir [HealthPro Plus Air Purifier] Medical-Grade Air [HyperHEPA Filter]
IQAir Health Pro+ Air Purifier is the best for pet allergies and asthma. It purifies air five times every 60 minutes to ensure you only breathe healthy air. Your room’s air automatically cleanses every 12 minutes, creating a healthy environment for you and the people you care for.
- IQAir is generally a well-performing air filter with a 4-in-1 filtration system. The system includes a granulated activated carbon filter, a hyper HEPA filter, a pre-max filter, and pelletized chemisorptions. The filters work together to destroy harmful air and promote clean, healthy air for you and your family to breathe.
- If anything has to justify the asking price of this unit, then it has to be the room coverage. Fortunately, IQAir Health Pro+ has the highest room coverage of many units. At the very least, the coverage is up to 1,125 square feet.
- Because it’s made of high-quality materials, it should last longer.
- It’s a good option for pets, dander, hair, and odor.
- You get a 5-year warranty when you buy this unit.
- Its lower power consumption means you can use it without worrying about a spike in your power bill.
- It’s a costly air filter.
10. LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Large Room with True HEPA Filter
If you’re in the market for an air purifier for pet allergies and asthma with a 360 degrees filter design, you should consider LEVOIT Air Purifier. Unique in design and 40% more efficient than some air purifiers on the market, this unit can efficiently purify the air from all sides of your home more times in an hour.
And with a decent rating and dozens of positive reviews on Amazon, you can bet this is an excellent unit to buy.
This unit doesn’t take up a lot of space. So, you can use it in your car just as much as you would in your living room or bedroom.
- Check the Prices
- LEVOIT is a powerful device with a three-stage filtration system. The filter types include an advanced carbon filter, a true HEPA filter, and a pre-filter. These filters work together to ensure you breathe clean, fresh, healthy air daily.
- At its price, you’d expect the room coverage to be far less than that of Coway AP-1512HH Mighty. But that’s not the case. The coverage is 538 square feet so you can use it effectively in your house.
- You will love this air filtration system because it purifies air four times every hour at a rate of 15 minutes per round.
- It’s quiet during operation.
- It’s small, so it takes up very little space, which is why it can even fit in a car.
- It has some intelligent features.
- The model has had a bump in cost.
What to Look for When Buying the Best Air Purifiers for Pet Allergies and Asthma
There are many air filters on the market. Finding the best HEPA air purifier for asthma right off the bat might be tricky. So here are tips to help you choose wisely.
- True HEPA Filter
You can just invest only in an air filter that’s indeed HEPA-rated. At the very least, the True HEPA filter thoroughly purifies air in your space. In the end, you breathe in more clean air every single day.
- Suitable Size
You can choose an air purifier that can easily fit the designated space. It’s best to examine the space first to know its size honestly. Then you can be able to buy the right air filter.
- Noise Level
Air filters have different noise levels. Some tend to make a loud, rather annoying noise in higher settings. Choosing units with noise levels of less than 40 decibels on higher settings are best.
Are air purifiers good for allergies and asthma?
True HEPA air purifiers can help a great deal with allergens and asthma. That’s because they clean air thoroughly and ensure you breathe only fresh air, thus making them the best air purifiers for pet allergies and asthma.