All parents want nothing but the best for their babies. You want your little bundle of joy to be happy, play freely, and sleep comfortably. What does that have to do with the best air purifier for baby room?
Well, effective air purifiers eliminate harmful pollutants in the air, keeping your child healthy. And a healthy child is always happy, playful and sleeps soundly.
And here’s why you should be concerned…
If you don’t know, respiratory diseases are the leading causes of disability and death globally (according to the Forum of International Respiratory Societies). Infants, in particular, are at risk of developing such respiratory diseases as:
- congenital pneumonia (bacterial lung infection)
- croup (viral infection causing windpipe inflammation)
- bronchiolitis (viral lung infection)
- asthma (chronic breathing problem)
- common cold (symptoms include coughing, runny nose…)
Just by purifying the air, you’ll drastically reduce the chances of your baby getting all those terrible diseases.
- Best air purifier for smoke
- Best air purifier for mold
- Best whole house air purifier
- Best air purifier for pet allergies and asthma
Top Rated Air Purifiers for Baby Room
|Picture||Name||Filtration Type||Rating [/5]|
|Vornadobaby Purio Nursery Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter||Activated Carbon Filter.|
True HEPA filter.
Permanent Washable filter.
|Germ Guardian HEPA Filter Air Purifier for Kids Rooms||True HEPA filter and optional UV-C||4.4|
|Coway Airmega 300S WiFi Enabled Smart Air Purifier||Activated carbon and True HEPA||3.5|
|Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA||True HEPA, PlasmaWave and Odor Reducing Washable AOC Carbon||4.6|
Unfortunately, many people disregard this.
Air pollutants aren’t typically visible and you might assume the air in your home is clean because your house is clean too. However, the United States Environmental Protection Agency reveals that indoor environments often have 2-5 times higher concentrations of some pollutants compared to outdoor environments.
Why should you wait to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars in medical bills, when you can prevent such costly healthcare and save your child from the horrendous consequences?
However, you shouldn’t settle for just any ordinary air purifier. You need the best air purifier for baby room that meets the highest standards, including:
- specially designed for baby rooms
- certified to meet the needs of toddlers
- a delivery rate of 350 and above
To help you get the best air purifier, we carefully hand-picked 7 high-quality air purifiers for baby rooms. Read through to find one that suits you. See our reviews for air purifier and humidifier combo.
Top 7 Air Purifiers For Baby Room
These are the best air purifiers for baby room.
1. Vornadobaby Purio Air Purifier For Nursery
A baby’s nursery is a place that should have clean air due to the baby’s delicate immune system. This small room air purifier is among the best air purifier for baby room. With the use of activated carbon filters, the purifier will absorb odors in the baby room. It is also fitted with an HEPA filter, which filters airborne allergens like mold and pollen from the air. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- The air filter has a three-stage filtration system. They include activated carbon, washable prefilter and a true HEPA filter.
- Purifies all the air around the baby 6.3 times per hour making it among the best air purifier for newborn.
- It has a covered and concealed cord storage in the base. The filter cover can also be locked.
- Comes with a five-year warranty.
- A back lit electric control panel. It has a tamper-resistant feature lock.
- This air filter is built according to USA voltage requirements. It is therefore safety tested.
- The three-stage filtration system allows for good control of the baby room environment.
- Other baby air purifiers can produce harsh noises but this purifier produces a noise similar to white noise. This has a calming effect on the baby.
- The lockable cover prevents the kids from tampering with the parents preferred settings.
- Built according to USA voltage standards. It may therefore not work in other countries.
2. LEVOIT Air Purifier – Best Air Purifier for Baby Room
Good and clean air circulation in the house is important. It ensures that you and your whole family breathe in non-toxic air. If the air in your home is contaminated with allergens such as smoke, then get yourself this amazing air purifier. It is the best air purifier for baby room since it has a true HEPA filter. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- This air purifier is certified by the environment justice system CARB.
- True H13 HEPA filter and a filter made of activated carbon. They clean the air really fast.
- It has a nightlight function.
- A speed fan for regulating between low, medium and high pace.
- The purifier has a quiet operation.
- Safe because no ozone is released.
- The machine does not emit any harmful substances.
- LEVOIT Air Purifier LV-H132 (White) is not an ionizer thus it does not use UV-C light.
- Comes with a user’s manual.
- The air purifier has a unique size and design. It can easily be used as an air purifier for baby room. A perfect fit for the office spaces and family rooms too.
- It is cost effective. It is an affordable nursery air purifier for baby room.
- Comes with a one-year buyer assurance. You can even extend it by one more year.
- There is a lifetime support on the air filter on top of the 1-year warranty.
It does not completely eliminate pet odors.
3. Fellowes AeraMax Baby DB55 Ultra Quiet Baby Room Air Purifier
In the absence of an air purifier, your house could collect a lot of dust. Those who share their houses with pets or a relative who smokes seriously need an air purifier. If used properly, an air can quickly and quietly clean the air to avoid any allergic contraction. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
A Fellowes AeraMax Baby DB55 Ultra Quiet Baby Room Air Purifier with Odor reducing 4-Stage Purification is what you need in the house to arrest all allergens including pet dander.
- AeraSmart feature automatically detects and purifies the air.
- Color changing hue depending on the crude in the air.
- It automatically detects the air supply in the room and adjusts.
- Has a HEPA filter with antimicrobial treatment
- It is quiet enough to sleep peacefully with dimmed lights.
- Perfect for a baby’s room from 200square feet.
- It purifies a large area.
- The purifier is safe for people with Asthma and Allergies.
- It is Energy star rated.
- It heavy.
- Can be costly.
4. Airmega Coway 300s Wi-Fi Enabled Air Purifier
This advanced air purifier is the best air purifier for nursery. With the added use of Wi-Fi technology, it is also the best air purifier for newborn. Its dual system of filtration distinguishes it from other nursery purifiers. The air mega mobile application will also allow you to control and monitor the air quality from anywhere. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- Airmega Coway 300s Wi-Fi Enabled Air purifier can accommodate up to 1,256 sq. feet room sizes.
- It has a combined true HEPA filter and an activated carbon filters. They filter and capture pollen, pollutants and other allergens.
- Coway pollution sensor sends information about air quality in real time. This is further enabled by the colored LED light.
- This is an excellent baby air purifier thanks the 5-fan models.
- The mobile app involves an outdoor and indoor air quality monitor, filter notification, smart mode and speed.
- Power consumption of 56 watts.
- A one year limited warranty.
- A real time mobile application monitoring. This enables you to know you air quality from almost any place.
- The combined filters are able to minimize up to 99% of volatile compounds from the air.
- The limited warranty only covers internal malfunctions. Filters are not included.
5. Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA
When it comes to choosing an air purifier for kids’ room, then choose air purifiers that have true HEPA filters. Winix has come up with an amazing purifier that reduces odors by carbon filter. It is a great baby room air purifier as it has a near silent cleaning setting. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- It has an AOC washable carbon filter.
- The air filter uses PlasmaWave as a permanent filter.
- Smart sensors designed to monitor the air. Auto mode also adjusts the fan filters accordingly.
- It can fit a 360 sq. feet room size. It is suited for kids bedroom, kitchens and family rooms.
- PlasmaWave breaks down all allergens and pollutants from the air. This makes it the best room air filter.
- A true HEPA filter that clears 99.97% of most indoor allergens.
- It is a bit pricey.
- The carbon filter should be replaced after every 6 months.
6. LEVOIT Humidifiers for Large Room Ultrasonic Humidifier for Bedroom and Baby
A humidifier is a great way of protecting yourself from the dry air effects. This wonderful humidifier can also act as an air purifier for your nursery. A baby air purifier inform of a humidifier is a great investment in your home. This is the best air purifier for baby room as it adds moisture to the dry heated air. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- A water tank capable of holding up to 1.5 gallons. This allows you to use it for continuous 36 hours.
- It has a built in real time humidity sensor that can be customized according to the need.
- An aroma box that allows the user to add their favorite essential oils.
- A 500ml per hour maximum mist output.
- Touch control as well as remote control.
- Ultrasonic diffusion that has low noise level.
- Easy to clean and refill.
- The humidifier is made of high quality materials. The tank is leak proof.
- Remote control as well as touch control makes it easy to operate the humidifier.
- The water tank has a large holding capacity of 1.5 gallons of water.
- No warranty details.
7. GermGuardian AC4150BLCA 4-in-1 Kids Room Air Purifier
Clean air is essential to all of us. However, there are arguments that in today’s world, pollution is rife and so it is almost an uphill task to achieve the clean air, we so crave. Babies and children, in general, require clean air the most to protect them from developing allergies that end up complicating their health. To address these concerns GermGuardian AC4150BLCA air purifier comes in handy to the aid of your children. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- It has two replaceable filters that need to be replaced every 6-8 months depending on the use of the product.
- Has a charcoal and High-efficiency particulate air filter.
- The UV-C light works with titanium dioxide to fight air born bacteria.
- Has three fun themes that your child can choose from.
- Captures dust and allergens from as small as 3 microns.
- Brings your children’s ceiling to life with the 3-color night purifier system.
- Child-friendly because of the color changing themes.
- Tackles all the allergens in the air keeping it safe for the children.
- The tabletop can fit on your child’s nightstand.
- Has three-speed options.
- Creates a soothing white noise.
- Can be costly because it runs around the clock.
- The filter needs replacement depending on the frequency of use.
Some Features You Should Consider When Buying an Air Purifier for Your Baby’s Nursery
Before you finally decide this is the right air purifier for baby room, you should consider a number of things. The beauty is most of these things are not foreign, they are normal things you consider each day when making various purchases. The only difference is these factors have been customized to buying baby air purifiers.
- HEPA Filter (s)
High-efficiency Particulate Air commonly known as HEPA is one of the most important things you need to watch out for.
You may still ask, why a HEPA filter? Remember, high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters capture up to 99.99% of all the dust as well as impurities present in the air. For your information, you cannot see these dust particles and other impurities using your naked eye. In fact, they are not visible by many apparatus in the market such as magnifying glasses. A nicely-designed air purifier with HEPA filter has the ability to capture pollen, pet dander, spores, mold, and dust mites among other tiny but dangerous substances.
Now you see why your kid’s room needs nothing else than the best air purifier for baby room.
- Because an air purifier with true HEPA filter uses high-quality fans, there is no worry of creating ozone in your kid’s room.
- Room Coverage
Of course, when it comes to purchasing something for your baby, you must look at the size of the room. While a few parents prefer their kid’s room to be big enough, most of the baby rooms are small or medium.
Remember you are buying an air purifier for kid’s room. This means, chances are the machine will be in the baby room for as long as the baby stays in that room. Because of this, you do not need to by a huge machine that can hardly pass beyond the main door. An extremely small machine will also not be a better fit because you want the machine to do the job you intend it to.
The other thing you need to put in mind is there are other things in your baby’s room. If you buy a huge machine, it might not find a right place in the room. Although a purifier is an important machine inside your kid’s room, there must be space for a bed, desk (if necessary), and other accessories.
What a question? Yes, it is important to ensure the kind of air purifier you are purchasing for your baby room does not produce any ozone. Unfortunately, some air purifiers in the market, especially those that use ionizers as a means of attracting allergens create ozone in the process.
When in the verge of buying an air purifier, be very keen, lest, you would be bringing problems to your family when you are supposed to get rid of the problems.
This is a machine for a baby. Even if it were to be placed inside your bedroom, you wouldn’t want an air purifier that elicited a high-pitched noise the whole night. If a noisy air purifier is a menace to you, what of your beautiful baby?
All the time, ensure the best air purifier for nursery or baby room for that matter is completely noise-free. Remember your baby’s growth takes place a lot when the kid is asleep. If the baby is disturbed, it means it can’t grow as needed.
- Look For Energy Star-certified Air Purifiers
What is an energy star-certified air purifier and does it have any benefit to you? The advantage on this section does not really go to the kid. Nonetheless, putting your money on energy star-certified purifiers and home machines in general helps you to save lots of money.
Statistics indicate that using energy star-certified kids air purifiers helps save up to 40% energy. Compared to traditional models, ESC air purifiers help alleviate the burden in most families with regard to paying a lot in electricity bills.
- Consider Higher CADR
Most air purifiers come with a CADR number. This is not just a figurative number or a decoration labeled on the purifier cabinet. CADR, which stands for Clean-Air Delivery Rate, is a measure of a purifier’s ability to sieve and release clean air.
Most air purifiers in the market, which tend to be many people’s favorites, come with a CADR ability of between 300 and 320. But, because it your interest is on nursery air purifiers, do not do less than 350 CADR reading. Machines with this and higher reading purify even what seems to be a clean room, leaving your kid’s environment extremely habitable.
- Blend With Interior Deco
You are not just looking for an ordinary home appliance but an air purifier baby room. As such, you need to ensure the general machine’s color blends with the kid’s room interior decor.
It is true that your kid is very young, but the color and theme of the room plays an important role in the growth of your kid. Because of this, when choosing the best air purifier for newborn, look for bright colors that conform to a brighter interior deco.
Benefits of Air Purifier For Baby Room
If you put the life of your kid in the fore, which I know you do, then you know why it is beneficial to place an air purifier in your baby’s room. Although there might be many benefits, the following 10 advantages stand out:
- Enhances your child’s sleep quality.
- Purifiers for baby remove asbestos particles, which are responsible for causing Mesothelioma.
- A baby room air purifier traps VOCs thus guard your kid against Lymphoma and Leukemia attacks.
- In case the kid lives with a smoker, a quality air purifier prevents airborne tobacco and lung cancer that is caused by cigarette smoke.
- Guards your baby from various allergies.
- Best air purifier for baby prevents newborn from mosquitoes that cause and other harmful insects.
- Gets rid of Radon gas, which is responsible for causing lung cancer.
- Reduces the risk of your infant contracting Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
- A good baby air purifier is a guard against pneumonia.
- With an air purifier for babies, there would be no asthma and other related respiratory diseases.
Tips For Keeping Baby’s Room Safe and Clean
You want your baby to live long, right? The following tips will help you I the quest of ensuring your kid’s room is safe and clean:
- Do not smoke cigarette or any hard drug from your baby’s room. You might be interested in air purifiers for smoke.
- Regularly vacuum the room.
- Using a damp cloth and clean water, wipe every surface and any furniture in your baby’s room.
- Ensure you do not give room to the development and multiplication of mold in the room.
- The temperature inside your baby’s room should always be kept moderate.
- Ensure your kid is dressed properly all the time, but do not overly dress her to the point the kid is at the risk of other complications such as SIDs.
- Soft beddings might lead to baby suffocation. It is a good thing to avoid things such as plush toys, pillow, bumpers, and heavy blankets.
- Do not be in a haste to introduce new things to your baby’s room. Some furniture, mattresses, plastics and other well-intended ware have brought formaldehyde and other toxins to kid’s rooms. If you intend to bring in a new thing, let it air out for a number of days before you bring it in.
We have talked about many things. But it is important you do not forget how to select the best air purifier for baby room. No matter the cost, look at what offers your kid quality services. Remember that with a good air purifier for baby will not only save you lots of money but also save the life of your kid.