Living in a completely smoke-free environment may not be an easy thing to achieve. Today, industries emit a lot of smoke to the air; something scientists are warning will destroy our ozone layer. Those who smoke around us also pose a threat to the air we breathe. To ensure we live in a clean place, we need the best air purifier for smoke. How can you find it? Well, we will help you achieve that but first; know that there are choices to make.
Essentially, there are 4 main types of home air cleaners for smokers. If you want the best air purifier for smoke, you need to choose from these four types:
- Electronic Air Cleaners
- Ionizer Air Purifiers
- Mechanical Air Filters
- Ozone Generator Air Purifiers
Let’s now start the journey of finding the ideal smoke purifier that will suit your home or office. But first, here is a comparison table for best air purifiers for smoke removal.
Comparison Table for Best Air Purifiers for Smoke Removal.
|Picture||Name||Filter Type||Rating [/5]|
|LEVOIT LV-PUR131 Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter||HEPA||4.4|
|Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA||Carbon||4.5|
|GermGuardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter||HEPA||4.3|
|Alen BreatheSmart Air Purifier||HEPA||4.5|
|Picture||Name||Filter Type||Rating [/5]|
Best Smoke Air Purifier Reviews
1. LEVOIT LV-PUR131 Air Purifier– Best Air Purifier for Smoke
This is so far one of the best air purifiers for smokers in the market. LEVOIT LV-PUR131 has many attributes. Perhaps you have seen that from its name. Yes, this air purifier will help you remove all allergies from your room that are associated with smoke, dust, mold, or even pets.
One of the best things about this smoke purifier is that it doesn’t depend on UV or Ions to operate. Note that air purifiers that depend on either Ions or UV are found to emit certain amounts of ozone, which might be harmful to human life. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
The purifier comes with a smart auto mode. With this ability, you are able to tell whether your surrounding is conducive or not. What is more is that this smoke purifier will even suggest the speed of the fun that will easily get rid of the harmful smoke around you.
Do not also forget about the purifier’s sleep mode. It is one of its strengths. With it, this best air purifier for weed smoke will continue to produce fresh air to your room when you are asleep.
You might also be interested in best air purifier for odor elimination
- This smoke purifier removes up to 99.97% of all the pollen, dust, pet smell and dander, odor, mold smoke. Isn’t this what you need?
- It is fitted with a sleep mode. This is ideal for homeowners who may not be able to wake up in the middle of the night. It works when you are asleep.
- Ideal for large living rooms (covers 30 meters square.
- The purifier’s Smart Auto Mode has been praised. You do not have to guess the fan speed, it will suggest for you.
- It is built with true High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA).
- LEVOIT LV-PUR13 has a very elaborate control panel. From this dashboard, it will not be a challenge to set it up.
- It covers a large surface area. With a staggering 30 meters square, many homeowners may not have much space.
2. Winix Washable AOC 5500-2 Air Purifier – Best Air Purifier for Smoke and Pets
One of the best air purifiers in the market today is Winix Washable AOC 5500-2 PlasmaWave. The purifier is designed with the ability to clean all major pollutants that include smoke and pet dander, dust mites, pollen, as well as allergens. The beauty is that this air purifier for smokers can detect and clean even small allergens that are only 0.3 microns. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
Remember that Winix, the manufacturer, has been around for 45 years. Being in the market for close to, a decade is no joke. It means that the manufacturer has hands on what the world needs when it comes to finding the best air purifier for smoke.
If you are a type of person that because of work or a tight schedule, leave your utensils unwashed for a number of days, this is the ideal air purifier for you. Winix Washable AOC 5500-2 PlasmaWave comes at the top as one of the best air purifiers with an activated carbon filter – see filterless air purifier.
The other good thing about this air purifier is that it comes with an AOC filter. Yes, this carbon filter is washable. After consuming or cleaning the entire odor emanating from dirty utensils, dust, mold, pet dander, weed and or cigar smoke, the filter gets dirty. The interesting part with Winix Washable AOC 5500-2 PlasmaWave is that you can remove the AOC carbon filter, wash it, and then replace it.
Other features that I’m sure you’ll love about this best air purifier for cigarette smoke removal are:
Auto Mode and Smart Sensor
- The 5500-2 version comes with a high-velocity smart sensor. With this latest technology, you do not have to struggle with your nose to detect smoke. The smart sensor does it for you. It does much better.
- Winix Washable AOC 5500-2 can detect even the slightest dust that your nose or lungs could not sense. Upon sensing, the Smart Sensor alerts another feature, which takes up the necessary task from there.
4 Fan Speeds
- This is another thing you’ll love about the 5500-2 air purifier for smoke. Once it is clear that there is something to work on, let’s say mold, odor from dirty utensils, pet dander, weed smoke, or any other illicit pollutant, the 5500-2 automatically adjusts its fan speed. Basically, there are four fan speeds that ensure the machine gets rid of whatever pollutant in your room.
The four fan speeds are classified as:
Filter Replacement Indicator
- This one thing makes Winix Washable AOC 5500-2 stand out. To be everyone forgets. It is inevitable to forget. Because of that, the manufacturer knew that due to many things, you might forget when to replace your air purifier’s filter. Put that worry aside.
- Although on average one needs to replace 5500-2’s filter every 180 days, the LED Light will alert you whenever the purifier for smoke needs filter replacement.
- Winix 5500-2 comes with a 4-speed fan that ensures efficiency.
- Has a LED indicator for filter replacement.
- The smart sensor helps to detect any pollutant with ease.
- Washable Carbon Filter enables you to clean and replace. This helps save money.
- The LED light requires 1 lithium battery. If the battery is off before the machine warns you over filter replacement, it might be challenging.
See our reviews for best air purifier for mold
3. AeraMax 300/DX95 Large Room Air Purifier – Best Large Room Air Purifier for Smoke
AeraMax 300/DX95 Four-Stage Purification True HEPA Filter features some of the high-end qualities that you are looking for. Without hyperbole, this best air purifier for cigarette smoke removal is Asthma and allergy-friendly certified. American Asthma and Allergy Foundation has confirmed that this is the best air purifier for smoke for people with allergies and Asthma.
As many other modern air purifiers for smoke, AeraSmart is fitted with an Automatic Air Purifier Sensor. Apart from detecting smoke and other harmful allergens, the sensor suggests and automatically controls the fan speed. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
The machine is designed for large halls or rooms. It covers an area of at least 300 square feet. Sometimes, it is recommended to set aside up to 600 square feet.
The carbon filter for this air purifier for smoke is very powerful.
- The machine is White. If you love colors, there is no doubt that you’ll love AeraSmart best air purifier for smoke.
- It is quiet even when it is on for long hours.
- Although it requires an area of 300 to 600 square feet, the ideal weight for AeraMax 300/DX95 is only 12.5 pounds.
- Does not come in a variety of colors. You will be forced to take it if you like its performance even if White is not your color.
- This air purifier with activated carbon filter requires a large sitting space.
With the right setting, Rabbit BioGS2.0 SPA-550A Ultra Quiet Air Purifier is likely to clean all the dirty air that is in the entire room.
I believe you are keen to see the word ‘Ultra Quiet’ being incorporated as the name of this best air purifier for weed smoke. It simply means it. The air purifier is quiet. That is the case whether it is on for long or for short hours. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
If this air purifier for smoke works for 12 hours each day, the Charcoal-Based Carbon and BioGS HEPA filters will last for at least three years. This is made possible thanks to the purifier’s 4-stage air filtration.
The machine is fitted with an Ultra Quiet motor (BLDC). What is more is that this motor has the ability to operate in at least 5 different speeds. Whether it runs at its highest speed or it is low, Rabbit BioGS2.0 SPA-550A is quiet.
This air purifier with activated carbon filter will help you save money because it will not consume a lot of energy.
- Rabbit BioGS2.0 SPA-550A Ultra Quiet Air Purifier comes with a 5-year warranty. With a warranty that stretches 60 months, you are sure that if something happens, the manufacturer will do something.
- This air purifier has one of the most enticing designs. You will love it. In fact, it is through the making of Rabbit BioGS2.0 SPA-550A that won the manufacturer several awards including Good Design Award that was given to the company, Rabbit Air by Japan’s G-Mark and Chicago Athenaeum.
- The air purifier is super quiet even if it is running at high speed.
- The machine needs lithium batteries. It may be a challenge if these batteries fail from working at a time you need to clean the air that is in your room.
- It requires a slightly larger space. The machine itself sits at 22.2 by 16.6 by 9.8 inches.
Alen BreatheSmart Classic Antibacterial HEPA Filter Air Purifier is one of the most searched best air purifier for smoke online. When people finally find it, they do not hesitate to click on it to add to the cart. What is their reason for doing this?
It is important to understand that the manufacturer, Alen understands the importance of staying in a smoke-free environment. For this reason, they have given all Alen BreatheSmart Classic Antibacterial HEPA Filter Air Purifier users a Lifetime Warranty. Think of that! Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
This smoke air purifier will get rid of asthma triggers, germs, mold, weed smoke, dust and any other substance that threatens clean air around you.
Alen BreatheSmart is a powerful machine with an exceptionally powerful motor meant for big homes and large halls. The smoke air purifier covers a staggering 1100 square feet.
When set on during the night, Alen BreatheSmart Classic Antibacterial HEPA Filter Air Purifier will help you have a sweet slumber. Do you ask how? The air purifier generates soothing noise. In fact, Alen the manufacturer refers to the soothing noise as red, pink, and white noise and that it masks other disruptive noises that might come during the night. The result is that you will have a quiet and fulfilling sleep.
This product is also fitted with the latest features such as SmartSensor, WhisperMax, and Smart Change Indicator. All these features perform different tasks automatically. For instance, the SmartSensor will tell whether your environment is clean or toxic and if it is the latter, the purifier will suggest the fun speed that will clean any harmful toxins. See air purifier and humidifier combo
As for the machine’s WhisperMax, the purifier will emit a nice soothing sound at night resulting in a sweet sleep. Alen BreatheSmart Classic Antibacterial HEPA Filter Air Purifier comes with an elaborate 15-panel option.
- The product is ideal for large homes, offices, and halls.
- Has a Lifetime Warranty (although this is only applicable to those living in the U.S. Canada, and Mexico).
- It is easy to operate thanks to a 15-panel option.
- Uses less power (120V).
- To some people, the air purifier is big. The smoke purifier covers 10 by 17.75 by 26.75 inches and weighs 21 lbs.
- If you live outside the U.S, CA, and Mexico, the Lifetime Warranty will not cover you.
Green Air Purifier with Air Classic Ozone Generator has the strength most people do not associate it with. The air purifier for smoke first detects unclean air. Using its ability, the dirty air passes through the ingeniously designed carbon filter. The result is that the air purifier removes the smallest airborne particles, leaving your room fresh.
Green Air Purifier has another thing that you’ll definitely fall for: it is the machine’s capability to act as a deodorizer. With this ability, after cleaning the harmful air, possibly even as small as 0.3 microns, there comes a time the air purifier for weed injects a fresh scent. This is made possible through Green Air Purifier’s PCO cell, which deodorizes the available air, leaving your room with a sweet aroma. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
Wait! There is another interesting feature that is hardly available in other air purifiers for smoke. I’m talking about the ANION EMITTERS. As opposed to the earlier versions of the Green Air purifiers, this latest version of the Green Air Purifier with Ozone Generator has the anion emitters placed on the panel that is the front. The anion emitters release billions of negative ions. The aim is to attach these negative ions with any dust that might be concealed anywhere within the house. This results in the dust particles falling off to the ground. It is from here that the air purifier for dust collects all the dirt.
The process above is repeated in the case of pet dander, and any other intoxicating particles that for one reason or the other are hanging somewhere in the air.
There is the sterilizer function. This too is an ingenious technology that helps incinerate germs as well as harmful viruses by turning on the blue UV lamp.
When there is nobody at home, you can turn the AWAY Mode, the ozone function. This will enable the air purifier for smoke to clear whatever dirt and odor in the house. When you come back later in the day, you will be amazed by the amount of fresh air that welcomes you.
- Has Away Mode to clean your home while nobody is at home.
- Comes with PCO Cell, which is responsible for deodorizing your home.
- Anion Emitters: So far, one of the ingenious features responsible for attaching negative ions to hidden dust particles enabling them to fall to the floor for easy collection.
- The air purifier is light, weighing 12.05 lbs.
- It’s easy to maintain.
- It is not cost-friendly to many.
7. GermGuardian AC4825 UV-C 22 Sanitizer 3-in-1 Home Air Purifier – Best Air Purifier for Smoke Under $100
Before you finally get the best air purifier for smokers, you must do enough research. One of the greatest challenges you are likely to face is that most of these air purifiers for smoke have similar characteristics. Therefore, what you are supposed to focus on is what makes them different.
GermGuardian AC4825 UV-C 22” Sanitizer 3-in-1 has a charcoal filter that is responsible for reducing common odors from cooking to smoking and pets. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
The air purifier is ideal for medium-sized rooms and utilizes its 3-speed fan to counter the necessary dirt.
It is backed with a UV-C light capability. With this latest technology, combined with Titanium Dioxide, the air purifier has the ability to kill viruses, mold spores, germs, and harmful bacteria.
For quality performance, you need to use genuine Guardian parts whenever you need to change something. Otherwise, if it is the filter, you only need at least 6 months for you to replace it. Other homeowners take up to 8 months before they replace GermGuardian AC4825 UV-C 22” Sanitizer 3-in-1’s filter.
It works best for those with allergic problems such as dust and asthma.
- The newer version looks nice in both the design and performance.
- It is easy to set up.
- The air purifier is light in weight (only weighs 7 lbs).
- Does not require a big sitting space. The product covers 21.5 x 10.2 x 7 inches.
- Best air purifier for smoke under $100.
- None so far.
Finding the right cigarette smoke air purifier is not as easy as others could think. One of the main reasons why this is so is that there are many air purifiers with activated carbon filters today than there were a couple of years ago. But let’s look at the Rabbit AirBioGS 2.0 SPA-625A Tone Leaf. Perhaps, it might be the one you’ve been looking for.
Rabbit AirBioGS 2.0 SPA-625A Tone Leaf has four-state purification. With this ability, you can imagine the kind of service you can get with regard to air purification. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
Additionally, this air purifier for smoke has a deodorizer. That adds flavor to the kind of air you’d expect to surround you.
At its highest setting, Rabbit AirBioGS 2.0 SPA-625A Tone Leaf has the ability to clean and filter the air in your house within a short time. In fact, I can confirm that myself that it has the ability to clean up the air in your big room (up to 625 square feet) two times in 60 minutes.
When this home cleaning appliance runs at an average speed, you won’t even realize the machine is on. It is quiet. Remember too that it is built with 5 speeds, which you can adjust as you do your cleaning.
- Rabbit AirBioGS 2.0 SPA-625A Tone Leaf has a beautiful and sleek design.
- Comes with a 5-year warranty.
- The air purifier is ideal for medium rooms.
- It is quiet. Nobody will essentially know that you are cleaning.
- Setting it up will take you a few seconds.
- It doesn’t do better for large rooms.
9. PureZone 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier– Best Air Purifier for Smoke under $200
As you can see, PureZone 3-in-1 UV-C Air Sanitizer has many functions. In fact, it is the best air purifier for weed smoke. This, of course, adds to other abilities such as cleaning of household odor, dust, pet dander, mold and other harmful air that might be present in your home.
PureZone 3-in-1 UV-C Air Sanitizer comes with the Whisper-Quiet feature. With this, you will not disturb other members of your family when it is your duty to do the cleaning. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
The Auto Off Timer is another beautiful feature I love. With it, you will not have to worry. Yours will be to set it on, put the timer and sleep. This best air purifier for wildfire smoke would have cleaned the entire room before it switches itself off.
If there is somebody in your family with an asthma case, or is troubled by endless allergies, my best advice is to consider this PureZone 3-in-1 UV-C Air Sanitizer air purifier for smoke. You won’t regret following my advice.
I believe you have noted that PureZone 3-in-1 UV-C Air Sanitizer has a UV-C Light. This feature is here for a purpose. It safely eliminates viruses, bacteria, and germs within seconds.
With the Automatic Timer, you are able to adjust your air purification inside the home at three different times (2, 4, and even 8 hours).
One of the best features I love about the PureZone 3-in-1 UV-C Air Sanitizer is that it is fitted with a Filter Reset Indicator. With this feature, you don’t guess when to change the filter. This best air purifier for smoke will let you know when it is the right time to change the filter.
- It is light (only weighs 8.6 lbs).
- Comes with a 5-year warranty. This assures you of the best service in case there is a problem.
- Best air purifier for smoke under $200.
- The filter reset indicator saves you a headache and will prevent any damage of using a purifier with a worn out filter.
- With the 2, 4, or even 8 hours auto reset timer, you will end your allergies.
- I have seen none so far.
10. HEPA Air Purifier – Best Portable Air Purifier for Smoke
One thing that characterizes this air purifier for smoke is that it does its work super fast. I’m sure you’ll love the idea that within a few minutes, your bedroom, living room, kitchen, dining or whatever room it is for that matter is clean and smells nice.
HEPA Air Purifier 3-in-1 with UV-C Sanitizer comes with a DC motor. This is a nice thing for those who are sensitive about power consumption utilities. In case you have installed any other type of power in your home apart from the convention 110V, this air purifier for smoke will help you. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
By the way, there might be nothing silly as a [person or thing that disturbs your sweet slumber. This should not be from whatever or whoever whether they are working to help you. On this, you will find HEPA Air Purifier 3-in-1 with UV-C Sanitizer to be the ideal portable air purifier for cigarette smoke you have longed to have. It is quiet. You can use it in your bedroom and never expect to wake up because of its noise.
Together with the super quiet feature, HEPA Air Purifier 3-in-1 with UV-C Sanitizer has an auto shut off component. With this ability, you can decide to set it to shut off after 2 hours, 4 hours or even after an 8-hour air purification work. It is your choice.
It is also important to note that HEPA Air Purifier 3-in-1 with UV-C Sanitizer has the UV-C Light. This very nice feature kills almost all harmful bacteria from your house. Lesson? With the feature, your family will not complain of allergies, viruses, or any other bacteria. This saves you a lot of money that you’d spend on drugs and medical examinations.
- Consumes very little energy thanks to its DC motor.
- Comes with a UV-C Light responsible for killing germs. This helps the entire family save a lot of bucks that would be used to purchase over the counter drugs to treat allergies, bacterial and viral infections. You won’t even visit a doctor because of the aforementioned reasons.
- It is portable, weighing just 9.7 lbs.
- Has a limited warranty. One year isn’t really nice for such an appliance.
- Has one color, black. This limits the freedom of preference and taste.
11. GermGuardian AC5350B 4-in-1 Air Purifier (GET THE LATEST VERSION)
Everything you are reading about the GermGuardian AC5350B from its ‘long’ name is true. The manufacturer has committed a lot of resources into making something worthwhile. For many years, GermGuardian has guarded many families across the U.S and evidently in the world thanks to their best air purifier for wildfire smoke as well as other odors around homes.
With a True HEPA filter, you will be sure that your family is guarded against any germs and harmful bacteria. Yes, the true HEPA Filter will ensure that all bad odors that emanate from the dust, mold, pet dander, utensils (occasionally they may), does not exist in your house.
The UV-C Light has Titanium Dioxide among other suitable harmful bacteria-killing agents. This is no-nonsense when it comes to silencing mold spores, viruses, bacteria, and several types of germs leaving your family protected against preventable diseases.
It is also important to learn how to use most of GermGuardian AC5350B’s features including the 6-ft long cord. Unlike any other best air purifier for smokers, this one comes with an extension, obviously for good reasons.
- It is ideal for those who live with asthma.
- The 5-speed control fan cleans the air in minutes.
- Has low power consumption motor (120V 60Hz).
- The 6-ft cord extension means extended coverage.
After looking at those 11 hand-picked air purifiers for smoke, you may still have many questions. If they are not covered in the above section, then you will definitely get your best air purifier for smoke after going through the following part to the end.
Why It Is Important For You To Use An Air Purifier For Smoke
It is as if someone is asking how fatal smoke is. Or maybe someone may still consider it important to ask about the dangers of smoke. As you know, smoke, whether from your kitchen, industrial smoke or even a neighbor who smokes weed is harmful.
In fact, in 2010, a CDC study showed that children and adults who stayed with smokers or who were exposed to smoke as ‘secondhand smokers’ had a higher risk of heart disease exposure. The study continued to say that secondhand smokers are vulnerable and chances of getting acute respiratory infections, decreased lung functionality, exacerbated asthma, middle ear disease, and even infant death syndrome are inevitable.
It is for this reason you need to stay in a smoke-free environment.
If you love your family, which I strongly believe you do, you must ensure that they stay in a clean environment. That is why you need the best air purifier for smoke. But as I mentioned at the start of this write-up, there are many types of air purifiers. Each has its own good and bad side. Which is the best for your home?
When you are out there to purchase an air purifier for smoke, it is important to know that they exist the following types:
- Gas-phase filter air purifiers
- HEPA filter air purifiers
- Ozone generators and ionizers
- PCO air purifiers
- PECO air purifier
- UV-based air purifiers
Let’s talk a little about each, starting with:
1. Gas-Phase Air Purifiers
These types of air purifiers use material-like carbon filters. While they are able to remove specific types of VOCs, there is not really good news about how effective they do it.
2. HEPA Filter Air Purifiers
Also known as True HEPA Filter, these types are the most common thanks to their effectiveness in removing dirty air. If you happen to find one that has gone through quality checks and found to be able to remove 99.95-9% particles is nice.
One good thing about most HEPA Filter air purifiers that are tested is that they will not only clean visible pollutants such as dust or pet dander but also dirt and dust that is invisible. In fact, most of these purifiers come with automatic sensors.
To me, they are a good choice. I’m sure you’ll find out that too.
3. Ozone Generator Air Purifiers With Ionizers
These types of air purifiers tend to clean the air around it by first ionizing it. In doing this, the appliance emits negative ions (ozone) to the air that is present in the room. It is after doing this that the air purifier embarks on the air cleaning process.
It has, however, been found out that the ozone emission itself has a potential to intoxicate/pollute the air moments before the cleaning process.
Even if this appliance dirtied the air then cleans it, to me this is not a game that I’d subscribe to.
4. PCO Air Purifiers
These types of purifiers are also effective in cleaning the air in a home. They utilize a catalyst in them, which destroys pollutants rather than removing them. This is so far one of the things I love about PCO air purifiers for smoke.
However, beware that they are super slow in doing their job.
5. PECO Air Purifiers
They are better versions of PCO purifiers. In fact, PECO combines all the abilities of PCO and adds more thus making the air cleaning exercise pretty simple. PECO purifiers are able to remove particular pollutants. You will not smell any foul cigarette smell in the house.
As in many other air purifiers for smoke, PECO purifiers cannot remove weed or cigar smoke that has been enclosed in a room for many years.
6. UV-C Air Purifiers
These air purifiers use UV-C Light, a type of light that has the ability to kill germs, viruses, and other harmful bacteria, leaving your family germ-free.
While it is true that they contain germs to a larger degree by burning them using radiation, most air purifiers for smoke that are available for home use are not really effective on this.
Is this all you need to know about best air purifiers for cigarette removal? Not at all! Other things you need to consider include:
- Coverage area.
- Noise level.
- Activated Carbon Technology.
- Power consumption.
- Safety around the home.
- AOBs (warranty, setting up, availability of spare parts, manufacturer’s customer support).
Now, which is the best air purifier for smoke? It is my hope that this article will help you find the right home air cleaners for smokers you have been looking for. Remember there is no air purifier that is 100% effective. Because of that, it is good to try your best to stay a smoke-free life. Once you do that, your choice of the best air purifier for smoke won’t be futile.