Living in a completely smoke-free environment may be a challenging thing to achieve. Today, industries emit a lot of smoke into the air, which scientists warn will destroy our ozone layer. Those who smoke around us also threaten the air we breathe. To ensure we live in a clean place, we need the best air purifier for smoke.
How can you find it? Well, we will help you achieve that but first, know that there are choices to make.
- 1 Types of air purifiers for smoke
- 2 Best Smoke Air Purifier Reviews
- 3 1. LEVOIT LV-PUR131 Air Purifier
- 4 2. Winix Washable AOC 5500-2 Air Purifier
- 5 Review
- 6 3. AeraMax 300 Large Room Air Purifier
- 7 4. Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier (SPA-550A)
- 8 5. Alen BreatheSmart Classic Allergen-Reducing Air Purifier
- 9 6. Green Air Purifier with Air Classic Ozone Generator
- 10 7. GermGuardian AC4825 UV-C 22 Sanitizer 3-in-1 Home Air Purifier
- 11 8. Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier (SPA-625A)
- 12 9. PureZone 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier
- 13 10. HEPA Air Purifier – Best Portable Air Purifier for Smoke
- 14 11. GermGuardian AC5350B 4-in-1 Air Purifier (GET THE LATEST VERSION)
- 15 Why You need to Use An Air Purifier For Smoke
- 16 Conclusion
Types of air purifiers for smoke
Essentially, there are four main types of home air cleaners for smokers. If you want the best air purifier for smoke, you need to choose from these four types:
- Electronic Air Cleaners
- Ionizer Air Purifiers
- Mechanical Air Filters
- Ozone Generator Air Purifiers
You might be interested in Air Purifier for VOCs and Formaldehyde
Let’s find the ideal smoke cleaner that suits your home or office. But first, here is a comparison table for the best air purifiers for smoke removal.
Best Smoke Air Purifier Reviews
1. LEVOIT LV-PUR131 Air Purifier
This is, so far, one of the best air purifiers for smokers in the market. LEVOIT LV-PUR131 has many attributes. Perhaps you have seen that from its name. Yes, this air purifier will help you remove all allergies from your room that are associated with smoke, dust, mold, or even pets.
One of the best things about this smoke purifier is that it doesn’t depend on U.V. or Ions to operate. Note that air purifiers that depend on either Ions or U.V. are found to emit specific amounts of ozone, which might be harmful to human life.
No products found.
The cleaner comes with an intelligent auto mode. With this ability, you can tell whether your surroundings are conducive. Moreover, a smoke purifier will even suggest the speed of the fun that will quickly eliminate the harmful smoke around you.
Remember the cleaner’s sleep mode. It is one of its strengths. With it, this best air purifier for weed smoke will continue to produce fresh air in your room when you are asleep.
- You might also be interested in Best air purifier for odor elimination
- This smoke purifier removes up to 99.97% of all pollen, dust, pet smell, dander, odor, and mold smoke. Isn’t this what you need?
- It is fitted with a sleep mode. This is ideal for homeowners who may not be able to wake up in the middle of the night. It works when you are asleep.
- Ideal for large living rooms (covers 30 meters square.
- The cleaner’s Smart Auto Mode has been praised. You do not have to guess the fan speed. It will suggest to you.
- It is built with authentic High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA).
- LEVOIT LV-PUR13 has a very elaborate control panel. It will not be challenging to set it up from this dashboard.
- It covers a large surface area. With a staggering 30 meters square, many homeowners may not have much space.
2. Winix Washable AOC 5500-2 Air Purifier
One of the best air purifiers today is Winix Washable AOC 5500-2 PlasmaWave. The purifier is designed to clean all significant pollutants, including smoke and pet dander, dust mites, pollen, and allergens. The beauty is that this air purifier for smokers can detect and clean even small allergens that are only 0.3 microns.
Remember that Winix, the manufacturer, has been around for 45 years. Being in the market for close to a decade is no joke. It means that the manufacturer has hands-on that the world needs to find the best air purifier for smoke.
No products found.
If you are the type of person who, because of working on a tight schedule, leaves your utensils unwashed for several days, this is the ideal air purifier. Winix Washable AOC 5500-2 PlasmaWave is one of the best air purifiers with an activated carbon filter – see filterless air purifier.
The other good thing about this air purifier is that it comes with an AOC filter. Yes, this carbon filter is washable. After consuming or cleaning the entire odor emanating from dirty utensils, dust, mold, pet dander, weed, and or cigar smoke, the filter gets dirty. The exciting part of Winix Washable AOC 5500-2 PlasmaWave is that you can remove the AOC carbon filter, wash it, and replace it.
Other features that I’m sure you’ll love about this best air purifier for cigarette smoke removal are:
Auto Mode and Smart Sensor
- The 5500-2 version comes with a high-velocity smart sensor. With this latest technology, you do not have to struggle with your nose to detect smoke. The smart sensor does it for you. It does much better.
- Winix Washable AOC 5500-2 can detect even the slightest dust that your nose or lungs cannot sense. Upon sensing, the Smart Sensor alerts another feature, which takes up the necessary task.
4 Fan Speeds
- This is another thing you’ll love about the 5500-2 air purifier for smoke. Once it is clear that there is something to work on, let’s say mold, odor from dirty utensils, pet dander, weed smoke, or any other illicit pollutant, the 5500-2 automatically adjusts its fan speed. Four fan speeds ensure the machine eliminates whatever pollutants are in your room.
The four fan speeds are classified as follows:
Filter Replacement Indicator
- This one thing makes Winix Washable AOC 5500-2 stand out. To be, everyone forgets. It is inevitable to forget. Because of that, the manufacturer knew that you might forget when to replace your air purifier’s filter due to many things. Put that worry aside.
- Although, on average, one needs to replace the 5500-2’s filter every 180 days, the LED Light will alert you whenever the purifier for smoke needs filter replacement.
- Winix 5500-2 comes with a 4-speed fan that ensures efficiency.
- Has a LED indicator for filter replacement.
- The intelligent sensor helps to detect any pollutant with ease.
- A washable Carbon Filter enables you to clean and replace. This helps save money.
- The LED light requires one lithium battery. It might be challenging if the battery is off before the machine warns you about filter replacement.
See our reviews for the Best air Purifier for mold
3. AeraMax 300 Large Room Air Purifier
AeraMax 300/DX95 Four-Stage Purification True HEPA Filter features some of the high-end qualities you are looking for. Without hyperbole, this best air purifier for cigarette smoke removal is Asthma and allergy-friendly certified. American Asthma and Allergy Foundation has confirmed that this is the best air purifier for smoke for people with allergies and Asthma.
Like many other air purifiers for smoke, AeraSmart is fitted with an Automatic Air Purifier Sensor. Besides detecting smoke and other harmful allergens, the sensor suggests and automatically controls the fan speed.
No products found.
The air filter is designed for large rooms or halls. It covers an area of at least 300 square feet. Sometimes, it is recommended to set aside up to 600 square feet.
The carbon filter for this air purifier for smoke is potent.
- The machine is White. If you love colors, there is no doubt that you’ll love AeraSmart’s best air purifier for smoke.
- It is quiet even when it is on for long hours.
- Although it requires an area of 300 to 600 square feet, the ideal weight for AeraMax 300/DX95 is only 12.5 pounds.
- Does not come in a variety of colors. You will be forced to take it if you like its performance, even if White is not your color.
- This air purifier with an activated carbon filter requires ample sitting space.
4. Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier (SPA-550A)
With the right setting, Rabbit BioGS2.0 SPA-550A Ultra Quiet Air Purifier will likely clean all the dirty air in the room.
I believe you are keen to see the word ‘Ultra Quiet’ being incorporated as the name of this best air purifier for weed smoke. It simply means it. The air purifier is quiet. That is the case whether it is on for long or for short hours.
If this air purifier for smoke works for 12 hours each day, the Charcoal-Based Carbon and BioGS HEPA filters will last for at least three years. This is made possible thanks to the cleaner’s 4-stage air filtration.
No products found.
The machine is fitted with an Ultra Quiet motor (BLDC). What is more, is that this motor can operate at least five different speeds. Whether it runs at its highest speed or low, Rabbit BioGS2.0 SPA-550A is quiet.
This air purifier with an activated carbon filter will help you save money because it will not consume much energy.
- Rabbit BioGS2.0 SPA-550A Ultra Quiet Air Purifier comes with a 5-year warranty. With a warranty that stretches 60 months, you are sure that if something happens, the manufacturer will do something.
- This air purifier has one of the most enticing designs. You will love it. It is through the making of Rabbit BioGS2.0 SPA-550A that won the manufacturer several awards, including the Good Design Award that was given to the company Rabbit Air by Japan’s G-Mark and Chicago Athenaeum.
- The air purifier is super quiet, even if running at high speed.
- The machine needs lithium batteries. It may be a challenge if these batteries fail to work when you need to clean the air in your room.
- It requires a slightly larger space. The machine itself sits at 22.2 by 16.6 by 9.8 inches.
5. Alen BreatheSmart Classic Allergen-Reducing Air Purifier
It is essential to understand that the manufacturer, Alen understands the importance of staying in a smoke-free environment. For this reason, they have given all Alen BreatheSmart Classic Antibacterial HEPA Filter Air Purifier users a Lifetime Warranty. Think of that!
This smoke air purifier will eliminate asthma triggers, germs, mold, weed smoke, dust, and any other substance that threatens the clean air around you.
Alen BreatheSmart is a powerful machine with a potent motor for big homes and large halls. The smoke air purifier covers a staggering 1100 square feet.
Alen BreatheSmart Classic Antibacterial HEPA Filter Air Purifier will help you have a sweet slumber when set on during the night. Do you ask how? The air purifier generates soothing noise. Alen, the manufacturer, refers to the soothing noise as red, pink, and white and says it masks other disruptive noises that might come during the night. The result is that you will have a quiet and fulfilling sleep.
No products found.
This product also fits the latest features such as SmartSensor, WhisperMax, and Smart Change Indicator. Ll, these features perform different tasks automatically. For instance, the SmartSensor will tell whether your environment is clean or toxic; if it is the latter, the purifier will suggest the fan speed to clean any harmful toxins.
As for the machine’s WhisperMax, the purifier will emit an excellent soothing sound at night, resulting in a sweet sleep. Alen BreatheSmart Classic Antibacterial HEPA Filter Air Purifier has an elaborate 15-panel option.
- The product is ideal for large homes, offices, and halls.
- It has a Lifetime Warranty (although this applies only to those living in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico).
- It is easy to operate thanks to a 15-panel option.
- Uses less power (120V).
- To some people, the air purifier is a giant. The smoke purifier covers ten by 17.75 by 26.75 inches and weighs 21 lbs.
- If you live outside the U.S., CA, and Mexico, the Lifetime Warranty will not cover you.
6. Green Air Purifier with Air Classic Ozone Generator
Green Air Purifier with Air Classic Ozone Generator has the strength most people do not associate it with. The air purifier for a smoke first detects unclean air. Using its ability, the dirty air passes through the ingeniously designed carbon filter. The result is that the air purifier removes the tiniest airborne particles, leaving your room fresh.
Green Air Purifier is another thing you’ll fall for: it is the machine’s capability to act as a deodorizer. With this ability, after cleaning the harmful air, possibly even as small as 0.3 microns, there comes a time the air purifier for weed injects a fresh scent. This is made possible through Green Air Purifier’s PCO cell, which deodorizes the available air, leaving your room with a sweet aroma.
Wait! Another exciting feature is hardly available in other air purifiers for smoke. I’m talking about the ANION EMITTERS. As opposed to the earlier versions of the Green Air purifiers, this latest version of the Green Air Purifier with Ozone Generator has the anion emitters placed on the panel that is the front. The anion emitters release billions of negative ions. The aim is to attach these negative ions with any dust concealed within the house. This results in the dust particles falling off to the ground. It is from here that the air purifier for dust collects all the dirt.
No products found.
The process above is repeated in the case of pet dander and other intoxicating particles hanging somewhere in the air for one reason or another.
There is the sterilizer function. This, too, is an ingenious technology that helps incinerate germs and harmful viruses by turning on the blue U.V. lamp.
When there is nobody at home, you can turn the AWAY Mode, the ozone function. This will enable the air purifier for smoke to clear whatever dirt and odor in the house. When you come back later in the day, you will be amazed by the amount of fresh air that welcomes you.
It has Pros
- It has Away Mode to clean your home while nobody comes.
- It comes with PCO Cell, which responsible for deodorizing your home.
- Anion EmOnefar, one of the ingenious features responsible for attaching negative ions to invisible dust particles, enables them to fall to the floor for accessible collection.
- The air purifier is light, weighing 12.05 lbs.
- It’s easy to maintain.
- It is not cost-friendly to many.
7. GermGuardian AC4825 UV-C 22 Sanitizer 3-in-1 Home Air Purifier
Before you finally get the best air purifier for smokers, you must do enough research. One of the most significant challenges you are likely to face is that most air purifiers for smoke have similar characteristics. Therefore, what you are supposed to focus on is what makes them different.
No products found.
GermGuardian AC4825 UV-C 22″ Sanitizer 3-in-1 has a charcoal filter that reduces common odors from cooking to smoking and pets.
The air purifier is ideal for medium-sized rooms and utilizes its 3-speed fan to counter the necessary dirt.
It is backed with a UV-C light capability. With this latest technology, combined with Titanium Dioxide, the air purifier can kill viruses, mold spores, germs, and harmful bacteria.
For quality performance, you need to use genuine Guardian parts whenever you need to change something. Otherwise, if it is the filter, you only need at least six to replace it. Other homeowners take up to 8 months to replace GermGuardian AC4825 UV-C 22″ Sanitizer 3-in-1 filter.
- You might be interested in GermGuardian Air Purifiers
It works best for those with allergic problems such as dust and Asthma.
- The newer version looks nice in both design and performance.
- It is easy to set up.
- The air purifier Lightght in weight (only weighs 7 lbs).
- Does not require ample sitting space. The product covers 21.5 x 10.2 x 7 inches.
- Best air purifier for smoke under $100.
- None so far.
8. Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier (SPA-625A)
Finding the right cigarette smoke air purifier is more challenging than others could think. One of the main reasons why this is so is that there are more air purifiers with activated carbon filters today than there were a couple of years ago. But let’s look at the Rabbit AirBioGS 2.0 SPA-625A Tone Leaf. It may be the one you’ve been looking for.
No products found.
Rabbit AirBioGS 2.0 SPA-625A has four-state purification. With this ability, you can imagine the kind of service you can get concerning air purification.
Additionally, this air purifier for smoke has a deodorizer. That adds flavor to the kind of air you’d expect to surround you.
At its highest setting, Rabbit AirBioGS 2.0 SPA-625A Tone Leaf can clean and filter the air in your house within a short time. I can confirm that it can clean up the air in your big room (up to 625 square feet) two times in 60 minutes.
When this home cleaning appliance runs at an average speed, you won’t even realize the machine is on. It is quiet. Remember, too, that it is built with five speeds, which you can adjust as you clean.
- Rabbit AirBioGS 2.0 SPA-625A Tone Leaf has a beautiful and sleek design.
- Comes with a 5-year warranty.
- The air purifier is ideal for medium rooms.
- It is quiet. Nobody will essentially know that you are cleaning.
- Setting it up will take you a few seconds.
- It doesn’t do better for large rooms.
9. PureZone 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier
As you can see, PureZone 3-in-1 UV-C Air Sanitizer has many functions. It is the best air purifier for weed smoke. This adds to other abilities, such as cleaning household odor, dust, pet dander, mold, and other harmful air that might be present in your home.
PureZone 3-in-1 UV-C Air Sanitizer comes with the Whisper-Quiet feature. With this, you will not disturb other members of your family when you have to do the cleaning.
The Auto Off Timer is another beautiful feature I love. With it, you will not have to worry. Yours will be to set it on, put the timer, and sleep. This best air purifier for wildfire smoke would have cleaned the room before it switched off.
Suppose somebody in your family has an asthma case or is troubled by endless allergies. My best advice is to consider this PureZone 3-in-1 UV-C Air Sanitizer air purifier for smoke. You won’t regret following my advice.
You noted that PureZone 3-in-1 UV-C Air Sanitizer has a UV-C Light. This feature is here for a purpose. It safely eliminates viruses, bacteria, and germs within seconds.
With the Automatic Timer, you can adjust your air purification inside the home three times (2, 4, and even 8 hours).
One of the best features I love about the PureZone 3-in-1 UV-C Air Sanitizer is that it is fitted with a Filter Reset Indicator. With this feature, you need to guess when to change the filter. This best air purifier for smoke will let you know when it is the right time to change the filter.
- It is light (only weighs 8.6 lbs).
- Comes with a 5-year warranty. This assures you of the best service in case there is a problem.
- Best air purifier for smoke under $200.
- The filter reset indicator saves you a headache and prevents any damage from using a cleaner with a worn-out filter.
- You will end your allergies with the 2, 4, or even 8 hours auto reset timer.
- I have seen none so far.
10. HEPA Air Purifier – Best Portable Air Purifier for Smoke
One thing that characterizes this air purifier for smoke is that it does its work super fast. I’m sure you’ll love the idea that within a few minutes, your bedroom, living room, kitchen, dining or whatever room it is, for that matter, is clean and smells nice.
- Also Read: Best Kitchen Air Purifier
HEPA Air Purifier 3-in-1 with UV-C Sanitizer comes with a D.C. motor. This is a nice thing for those sensitive about power consumption utilities. If you have installed any other type of power in your home apart from the convention 110V, this air purifier for smoke will help you.
No products found.
By the way, there might be nothing silly as a [person or thing that disturbs your sweet slumber. This should not be from whoever they are working to help you. On this, you will find HEPA Air Purifier 3-in-1 with UV-C Sanitizer to be the ideal portable air purifier for cigarette smoke you have longed to have. It is quiet. You can use it in your bedroom and never expect to wake up because of its noise.
With the super quiet feature, HEPA Air Purifier 3-in-1 with UV-C Sanitizer has an auto shut-off component. With this ability, you can set it to shut off after 2 hours, 4 hours, or even after an 8-hour air purification work. It is your choice.
It is also important to note that HEPA Air Purifier 3-in-1 with UV-C Sanitizer has the UVLightght. This attractive feature kills almost all harmful bacteria in your house. Lesson? With the feature, your family will not complain of allergies, viruses, or other bacteria. This saves you a lot of money that you’d spend on drugs and medical examinations.
- Consumes very little energy thanks to its D.C. motor.
- It comes with a UV-C Light responsible for killing germs. This helps the entire family save a lot of bucks that would be used to purchase over-the-counter drugs to treat allergies and bacterial and viral infections. You won’t even visit a doctor because of the reasons mentioned above.
- It is portable, weighing just 9.7 lbs.
- Has a limited warranty. One year isn’t lovely for such an appliance.
- Has one color, black. This limits the freedom of preference and taste.
11. GermGuardian AC5350B 4-in-1 Air Purifier (GET THE LATEST VERSION)
Everything you are reading about the GermGuardian AC5350B from its ‘long’ name is valid. The manufacturer has committed a lot of resources to make something worthwhile. For many years, GermGuardian has guarded many families across the U.S. and evidently in the world thanks to their best air purifier for wildfire smoke and other odors around homes.
No products found.
With a True HEPA filter, you will be sure that your family is guarded against germs and harmful bacteria. Yes, the true HEPA Filter will ensure that all foul odors that emanate from the dust, mold, pet dander, and utensils (occasionally they may), do not exist in your house.
The UV-C Light has Titanium Dioxide, among other suitable harmful bacteria-killing agents. This is no-nonsense in silencing mold spores, viruses, bacteria, and several types of germs, leaving your family protected against preventable diseases.
It is also essential to learn how to use most of GermGuardian AC5350 B’s features, including the 6-ft long cord. Unlike any other best air purifier for smokers, this one comes with an extension, obviously for good reasons.
- It is ideal for those who live with Asthma.
- The 5-speed control fan cleans the air in minutes.
- Has low power consumption motor (120V 60Hz).
- The 6-ft cord extension means extended coverage.
After looking at those 11 hand-picked air purifiers for smoke, you may still have many questions. If they are not covered in the above section, you will get your best air purifier for smoke after going through the following part to the end.
Why You need to Use An Air Purifier For Smoke
It is as if someone is asking how fatal smoke is. Or maybe someone may still consider it essential to ask about the dangers of smoke. As you know, smoke, whether from your kitchen, industrial smoke, or even a neighbor who smokes weed, is harmful.
In fact, in 2010, a CDC study showed that children and adults who stayed with smokers or were exposed to smoke as ‘secondhand smokers’ had a higher risk of heart disease exposure. The study continued to say that secondhand smokers are vulnerable, and chances of getting acute respiratory infections, decreased lung functionality, exacerbated Asthma, middle ear disease, and even infant death syndrome are inevitable.
It is for this reason you need to stay in a smoke-free environment.
If you love your family, which I firmly believe you do, you must ensure that they stay in a clean environment. That is why you need the best air purifier for smoke. But as I mentioned at the start of this write-up, there are many air purifiers. Each has its good and bad side. Which is the best for your home?
When you are out there to purchase an air purifier for smoke, it is essential to know that they exist the following types:
- Gas-phase filter air purifiers
- HEPA filter air purifiers
- Ozone generators and ionizers
- PCO air purifiers
- PECO air purifier
- UV-based air purifiers
Let’s talk a little about each, starting with:
1. Gas-Phase Air Purifiers
These types of air purifiers use material-like carbon filters. While they can remove specific types of VOCs, there needs to be better news about how effectively they do it.
2. HEPA Filter Air Purifiers
Also known as True HEPA Filter, these types are the most common thanks to their effectiveness in removing dirty air. If you happen to find one that has gone through quality checks and is found to be able to remove 99.95-9% particles, it is admirable.
One good thing about most HEPA Filter air purifiers that are tested is that they will not only clean visible pollutants such as dust or pet dander but also dirt and invisible dust. Most of these cleaners come with automatic sensors.
To me, they are a good choice. I’m sure you’ll find out that too.
3. Ozone Generator Air Purifiers With Ionizers
These air purifiers clean the air around them by first ionizing them. In doing this, the appliance emits negative ions (ozone) into the air that is present in the room. After doing this, the air purifier embarks on the air-cleaning process.
It has, however, been found that the ozone emission itself has the potential to intoxicate/pollute the air moments before the cleaning process.
Even if this appliance dirtied the air and then cleaned it, this is not a game I’d subscribe to.
4. PCO Air Purifiers
These types of cleaners also effectively clean the air in a home. They utilize a catalyst in them, which destroys pollutants rather than removing them. This is, so far, one of the things I love about PCO air purifiers for smoke.
However, I want you to know they are super slow in doing their job.
5. PECO Air Purifiers
They are better versions of PCO purifiers. PECO combines all the abilities of PCO and adds more, thus making the air cleaning exercise pretty simple. PECO cleaners can remove particular pollutants. You will not smell any foul cigarette smell in the house.
As in many other air purifiers for smoke, PECO cleaners cannot remove weed or cigar smoke enclosed in a room for many years.
6. UV-C Air Purifiers
These air purifiers use UV-C Light, a type Lightght that can kill germs, viruses, and other harmful bacteria, leaving your family germ-free.
While it is true that they contain germs to a more significant degree by burning them using radiation, most air purifiers for smoke that are available for home use are not effective on this.
Do you know if this is all you need to know about the best air purifiers for cigarette removal? Not at all! Other things you need to consider include the following:
- Coverage area.
- Noise level.
- Activated Carbon Technology.
- Power consumption.
- Safety around the home.
- AOBs (warranty, setting up, availability of spare parts, manufacturer’s customer support).
No products found.
Now, which is the best air purifier for smoke? This article will help you find the right home air cleaners for smokers you have been looking for.
Remember, no air purifier is 100% effective. Because of that, it is good to try your best to stay a smoke-free life.
Once you do that, choosing the best air purifier for smoke won’t be futile.