I’m sure you have tried several air purifiers in a bid to ensure the air your family breaths is clean. It is on this same thought that I want to present you with the best air purifier for vocs and formaldehyde that will enhance the purity of air in your house.
Before I carry on, this is an interesting topic because it touches right into your house, an environment where your loved ones call a haven. So, why are we interested in this subject? Well, it is because of the impact vocs has on the quality of indoor air.
However, to answer that question conclusively, it is best we look at the correct definition of vocs.
Best Air Purifier for Vocs and Formaldehyde
|Dyson Pure Cool, DP04-HEPA Air Purifier and Fan WiFi-Enabled Automatically Removes Allergens, Pollutants, Dust, Mold, VOCs,||HEPA Filter|
|AIRMEGA 300S The Smarter App Enabled Air Purifier for vocs and formaldehyde||Coway Airmega Max2 filter. Activated carbon.|
True HEPA filter.
|PHILIPS Air Purifier Series 2000, Non-Connected for Large Rooms||Activated Carbon Filter|
True HEPA Filter
|Airpura F600DLX Formaldehyde, VOCs and Particles||HEPA Filter|
What Are Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)?
As the word suggests, these delicate compounds that among other things, have low water solubility make them hard to eliminate from the house. In addition, vocs are high in vapor and pressure.
The most interesting part of vocs is that they are manufactured. Although the intent is not to produce volatile organic compounds (VOCs), they are produced anyway.
For instance, a big pharmaceutical company would have a noble agenda of producing drugs to fight a certain pandemic. In the process of manufacturing the drug, engineers in the laboratory will use other chemicals.
It is during the production of the ‘noble’ product that the company releases volatile organic compounds to the environment.
In short, VOCs are solvents and other related products that are used in the industry during the process of making a genuine and approved product.
Some of these industrial solvents include trichloroethylene, methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE), a common fuel oxygenate.
They may also include other chlorination by-products such as chloroform.
To make household items and products, manufacturers use various organic compounds, which in the end qualify to be VOCs. That is why, paints, wax, and varnishes come with large quantities of VOCs.
You might be interested in Best Air Purifier And Humidifier Combos
Do not be surprised to learn that human beings are surrounded by VOCs whether at home, while driving to work, at work, and in industries Yes, everywhere. Nonetheless, with the best air purifier for vocs and formaldehyde, you are sure of staying in a breathe-friendly environment.
While different countries have their definition of what VOCs are, one thing stands out among all – they are common air pollutants that surround us. If not managed, VOCs can cause serious respiratory complications.
Common Indoor Sources of VOCs
As mentioned from the above section, a home can be a haven where VOCs can visit, hatch and circulate. The worst thing about VOCs is that they can come from common things, usual practices that we do every day to make our lives better.
What is more, you can manufacture or catalyze the incubation of VOCs in the living room, bedroom, and kitchen or even inside your study.
As such, it is important to know the common sources of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in your house. Upon knowing the sources, you can do all you can to reduce or even eliminate the causes of VOCs from your home. Doing so will show your love and care for your family.
Some of the sources of VOCs that are close to you:
Acetone – this chemical is available in wallpaper, furniture paints, polish, and nail polish removers.
Benzene – this chemical is present in carpeting products, glue, paint, and polish. It is also present when your car emits gas that is as a result of gas combustion.
Butanal – if you love lighting candles, cigarettes, and stoves, you will have this gas. In addition, you can get the harmful gas resulting from barbecue emissions.
Carborn Disulfide – this is present in tap water that is chlorinated.
Ethanol – it is found in most home use detergents including dishwasher detergents, laundry detergents, and glass cleaners.
Formaldehyde – available in most floor lacquers and some molded plastics.
Dichlorobenzene – almost all deodorizers and mothballs harbor volatile organic compounds.
Toluene – this is available in paints.
Xylene – available in vehicle emissions and even when the cars are in idling mode.
Terpenes – most laundry detergents and soaps have this chemical. In short, you enjoy the fragrance when you use bathing soap and other laundry detergents.
Best Air Purifiers for Vocs and Formaldehyde
When you look at many reviews about this product, one thing stands out. Most of those who’ve given the product positive comments, agree that it is supposedly the only air cleaner with the ability to clean and sanitize the air in the entire room properly. What does that mean? Click here to see today’s price on Amazon
As you’ve read, those satisfied clients argue that Dyson DP04-True HEPA Wi-Fi enabled air purifier automatically removes allergens, pollutants, dust, mold and VOCs.
The air purifier is made in a way that meets all the available scientific proves that it cleans the air in large rooms while at the same time captures small particles that are a nuisance in many homes.
- The air purifier is equipped with activated carbon that removes odors and gases from the room.
- Comes with a whopping 360 degrees filtration system. Thanks to the system, this machine for home use has the ability to capture up to 99.97% of the pollutants some of which are 0.3 microns.
- The product gives you the liberty to choose between fan mode that allows for direct house and human cooling.
- Comes with automatic sensor that indicates the quality of air in the room. If the machine finds out that the air quality is messy, it automatically embarks on the cleanup.
- Thanks to the air multiplier technology, the air purifier is fitted with the ability to supply the whole house with clean and treated air.
- Once the machine realizes bad odor in a certain section of the room, it then reports automatically and instantly to central part. You can see the report on air quality on the LCD screen.
- You can take the advantage of using Dyson Link App, which helps in gathering, analyzing and executing air-quality reports.
- Checks and reports the quality of air in real time.
- Filters air in large rooms.
- Excellent in capturing small air particles.
- You can use the machine to directly cool you as a fan or clean the air in the room.
- Cleans the entire room thanks to the 360 degrees filtration system.
- You must be able to read and interpret the readings on the LCD screen.
- Hard to use without the Dyson Link App.
Conway has produced one of the best air purifier for vocs and formaldehyde you can trust. The air purifier is among other things equipped with a power consumption unit that requires only 56 Watts to run. If you have handled large machines, you then know that with just 56W, the air purifier does not consume a lot of power. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
The other thing you will love about this air purifier is that it is available in two colors, white and silver/graphite.
Perhaps, the best thing I personally love about this HEPA air purifier is that it is built with the ability to clean air in a large space measuring up to 1,256 square feet.
In addition, the air cleaner comes with an extended ability of cleaning and purifying the air in the room for a minimum of two times in sixty minutes. For Coway Airmega Smart 300 to give you exemplary performance, you need to use it as directed by the manufacturer.
- Fitted with an air pollution sensor. With this feature, it is easy for the machine to detect impurities in the air thus embarking on the cleaning and purifying work.
- The air purifier has a timer, which you can set to 1, 2, 4, or even 8 hours. With this timer, you can be sure that Coway Airmega Smart 300 can clean the room whether you are present or not.
- Coway Airmega Smart 300 combines True HEPA filtration and Coway Airmega Max2 filter to clean and purify the air fast in a big room. The machine does this by capturing up to 0.3 microns and small particles thus achieving a 99.97% clean up.
- Fitted with a brightly-colored LED screen that the machine uses to communicate air quality results to the central place where the machine starts to clean the air immediately. You will read the same LED screen to know the air quality in your home.
- Comes with a 5-fan speed namely, Low, Smart, Medium, High, and Sleep.
- Noise levels range from as near to silence to 43.2dB when the air purifier is at its highest speed.
- Comes with the ability to reduce and curb harmful fumes such as CH3CHO, NH3, and other deadly organic compounds.
- The air purifier is silent. Even with the highest speed, the noise is close to silence.
- You don’t have to be physically present for the machine to operate. As long as you set it, the machine can work and it sets the fan speed automatically according to the quality of the air in the room.
- Very easy to set up.
- May emit unpleasant odor while it continues to clean the air in the room.
- Not very effective in eradicating allergens.
PHILLIPS Air Purifier Series 2000 has the ability to remover and reduce pet dander, pollens, allergens, gases, odors, and house dust mites from the home among other pollutants and bacteria. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
Thanks to the active carbon filter, PHILLIPS Air Purifier Series 2000 is build with an outstanding ability to absorb harmful gases, odors, and VOCs, which may have a way through the machine.
The air cleaner has 5 state of the art settings. Interestingly, high-speed Virus, Bacteria, and Extra-Sensitive Allergen setup enables the machine to clean the air fast and silently.
- Features a professional grade sensor for air quality.
- Fitted with a fan that adjusts itself automatically.
- Has active carbon filter.
- Features three filters.
- Comes with 5-purification settings.
- Cleans air and harmful gases, bacteria, and pollutants fast.
- Designed to be used in medium and large rooms.
- Captures as little as 0.3 microns of pollutants.
- You can synchronize it using your cell phone.
- The machine is quiet.
- Durable machine thanks to robust bodywork.
- Thanks to the AeraSense Technology, the air purifier can monitor, clean, and purify the air in large rooms. Besides, it can warn you of the air quality in the room.
- Comes with replaceable filters. Wish they were permanent and washable.
- Replaceable filters are expensive.
Are you tired of carrying heavy air purifiers from one room to the other? If this is the problem you’ve been suffering from, I want to introduce you to the best air purifier for vocs and formaldehyde in the market that you can transport without a problem. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
Blueair Blue Pure 211+ 3-Stage Air Purifier by Blueair is a premium air cleaner which weighs some 13 pounds, almost two times lighter than many of its peers in this write-up.
But there is something you need to know about Blueair Blue Pure 211+ 3-Stage Air Purifier. There are two of these products that I wouldn’t want you to confuse. One of them has 211 and the other is 211+. I’m speaking about the latter, 211+. This one is ideal for slightly smaller rooms compared to 211, which is designed for rooms that measure up to 620 square feet.
Blueair Blue Pure 211+ 3-Stage Air Purifier is developed using the Advanced Swedish Design, which is characterized by Swedish Filter Technology. Thanks to the technology, the air purifier captures up to 99% of all viruses available in the house, pet dander, bacteria, pollen, mold, dust, and airborne pollutants.
- Consumes between 30 to 60 Watts when at low and high speeds.
- Comes with machine-wash filters.
- Advanced Swedish Design.
- 3-fan speed design.
- One-button control system.
- Weighs only 13 pounds.
- Lightweight compared with its peers.
- Compact yet robust bodywork.
- The air purifier has Washable filters.
- Extremely silent.
- Does not consume a lot of energy.
- Easy to set up and use.
- One-button control service.
- Emits some smell when replacing oil and new filters.
- Cannot help in large rooms.
Airpura F600DLX Formaldehyde, VOCs and Particles is new in the market but the air purifier continues to show outstanding performance among related products. First, the machine uses extra- large activated carbon. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
The second thing I admire about this air purifier is that it has the ability to filter not viruses, bacteria, and pollutants alone but also volatile organic compounds (VOCs) with the help of HEPA barrier.
Airpura F600DLX is fitted with an exceptionally enhanced chemical abatement, a unit, which is essential for capturing, analyzing, and cleaning air within an enclosure.
The machine cleans acid gases, VOCs, formaldehydes. If these pollutants were left to thrive in anyone’s home, they will be responsible for causing drowsiness, rhinitis, and uncontrolled headaches.
- Large abatement unit.
- True HEPA filters with HEPA barrier.
- Available in white and cream colors.
- The machine is available in two versions, with UV and without UV.
- Cleans air fast.
- Effective for use in large rooms.
- Nice and good-looking colors.
- You can decide to use the upgraded version.
- Large abatement area helps in the cleaning.
- Cleans prime chemicals including VOCs.
- Helps in curbing headaches and rhinitis.
- Helps you have better sleep without early drowsiness.
- Might not be ideal for people with severe MCS.
- UV models come with additional cost.
Replacing the main particle filter may require an expert.
If you want to eliminate up to 99.5% of all pollutants from your home, it is time you put your money where you trust you can achieve you want to achieve. The only way to do this is to look at NuWave’s NuWave OCYPURE Air Cleaner for large rooms. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
NuWave air purifier captures and eliminates smoke, dust, pollen, mold, pet dander, allergens, lead, Formaldehyde, gases, VOCs & Germs
The machine is able to do this easily and fast through the upgraded electrostatic Bio-Guard filtration process. If you were to look for this upgraded filtration system, I’m sure it will take you a while to find it in many other air purifiers.
For the filter to attract, monitor, and eventually clean the air in the room, the air purifier’s filter is designed with the ability to create +ve and –ve ions.
It is after the ions are produced that the air purifier is able to detect pollutants. In the end, it traps all airborne pollutants and destroys bacteria, mold, and allergens.
- I haven’t seen a unit that comes with such notable filtration technology. For instance, the 4-stage filtration system incorporates a re-usable filter. This filter, which is made from stainless steel lasts up to 20 years.
- Fitted with a Bio-Guard filter that has the ability of lasting up to 20 years.
- The third long-lasting part is the Ozone Emission Removal that goes up to 20 years.
- Lastly, there is a HEPA/carbon filter, which will give you quality service for at least 12 months.
- Certified by several health responsible bodies such as AHAM, CARB, and the United States’ EPA.
- Made from materials and parts that last long (some go up to 20 years).
- You will take many years before you spend a penny on this product.
- The product is really an energy saver.
- Most of the product’s filters are washable and replaceable.
- You will have a whopping 36 months manufacturer warranty.
- It is automated and you can operate the machine using Wi-Fi.
- The product is certified by various bodies thus ideal for use at home.
- Built to clean air and other harmful bacteria in large rooms, some that measure up to 1200 square feet.
- Does better in cleaning most things but I doubt if it does a commendable job on removing pet dander.
- Be ready to contend with the machine’s excessive weight of 37.2 lbs.