2023’s Best air purifier for VOCs and formaldehyde
I’m sure you have tried several air cleaners to ensure your family’s air is clean. On this same thought, I want to present you with the best air purifier for VOCs and formaldehyde to enhance your house’s air purity.
Before I carry on, this is an exciting topic because it touches right into your house, an environment your loved ones call a haven. So, why are we interested in this subject? It is because of the impact VOCs have on indoor air quality.
However, before I can answer that question conclusively, here is a comparison table of the best air purifier for VOCs and Formaldehyde.
Best Air Purifiers for VOCs and Formaldehyde
1. Dyson DP04-HEPA Wi-Fi-Enabled Pure Cool Air Purifier with Fan for Large Rooms
One thing stands out when you look at many reviews about this product. Most of those who’ve given the product positive comments agree that it is supposedly the only air cleaner able to clean and sanitize the air in the room properly. What does that mean?
As you’ve read, those satisfied clients argue that the Dyson DP04-True HEPA Wi-Fi-enabled air purifier automatically removes allergens, pollutants, dust, mold, and VOCs.
The air purifier is made in a way that meets all the available scientific proof that it cleans the air in large rooms while at the same time capturing small particles that are a nuisance in many homes.
- The air purifier is equipped with activated carbon that removes odors and gases from the room.
- Comes with a whopping 360 degrees filtration system. Thanks to the system, this home-based machine can capture up to 99.97% of the pollutants, some of which are 0.3 microns.
- The product allows you to choose between fan mode that allows for direct house and human cooling.
- It has an automatic sensor that indicates the air quality in the room. If the machine finds out the air quality is messy, it automatically embarks on the cleanup.
- The air purifier can supply the whole house with clean and treated air thanks to air multiplier technology.
- Once the machine realizes a lousy odor in a specific section of the room, it then reports automatically and instantly to the central part. You can see the report on air quality on the LCD screen.
- You can use the Dyson Link App, which helps gather, analyze, and execute air-quality reports.
- Checks and reports the quality of air in real time.
- Filters air in large rooms.
- Excellent in capturing small air particles.
- You can use the machine to cool you directly as a fan or clean the air in the room.
- Cleans the entire room thanks to the 360 degrees filtration system.
- You must be able to read and interpret the readings on the LCD screen.
- Hard to use without the Dyson Link App.
2. Coway Airmega 300 Smart Air Purifier for VOCs and Formaldehyde
Conway has produced one of the best air purifiers for VOCs and formaldehyde you can trust. The air purifier is, among other things, equipped with a power consumption unit that requires only 56 Watts to run. If you have handled large machines, you know that with just 56W, the air purifier does not consume much power.
The other thing you will love about this air purifier is that it is available in two colors, white and silver/graphite.
The best thing I love about this HEPA air purifier is that it is built to clean air in an ample space measuring up to 1,256 square feet.
In addition, the air cleaner has an extended ability to clean and purify the air in the room a minimum of two times in sixty minutes. For Coway Airmega Smart 300 to give you exemplary performance, you need to use it as the manufacturer directs.
- [Coverage] Designed to clean spaces up to 1,256 sq. ft. in 30 minutes.
- [HyperCaptive Filtration System] Combination of a pre-filter, deodorization filter, and True HEPA Filter reduces 99.999% of 0.01-micron particles, including pollen and other allergens. It also reduces...
- [Smart Mode] With its Smart Mode feature, the Airmega automatically adapts to its surroundings by adjusting fan speeds based on the room's air quality. That means your unit in energy efficient without...
- [Eco Mdoe] When the air quality in the room remains purified for 30 minutes or more in Eco Mode, the fan will turn off to conserve energy, kicking on again when pollution is detected.
- [Sleep Mode] When the Airmega's built-in pollution sensor detects that the air is clean for 3 minutes, Sleep Mode reduces the purifier's noise and power consumption.
- It is fitted with an air pollution sensor. With this feature, it is easy for the machine to detect impurities in the air, thus embarking on the cleaning and purifying work.
- The air purifier has a timer, which you can set to 1, 2, 4, or even 8 hours. With this timer, you can be sure that Coway Airmega Smart 300 can clean the room whether you are present or not.
- Coway Airmega Smart 300 combines True HEPA filtration and Coway Airmega Max2 filter to clean and purify the air in a big room quickly. The machine captures up to 0.3 microns and small particles, thus achieving a 99.97% cleanup.
- You are fitted with a brightly-colored LED screen that the machine uses to communicate air quality results to the central place, where the machine starts to clean the air immediately. You will read the same LED screen to know the air quality in your home.
- Comes with a 5-fan speed, namely, Low, Smart, Medium, High, and Sleep.
- Noise levels range from near silence to 43.2dB when the air purifier is at its highest speed.
- It can reduce and curb harmful fumes such as CH3CHO, NH3, and other deadly organic compounds.
- The air purifier is silent. Even with the highest speed, the noise is close to silence.
- You don’t have to be physically present for the machine to operate. As long as you set it, the machine can work, and it automatically sets the fan speed according to the air quality in the room.
- Very easy to set up.
- It may emit an unpleasant odor while it continues to clean the air in the room.
- Not very effective in eradicating allergens.
3. Air Purifier for VOCs – PHILIPS Air Purifier Series 2000, Non-Connected for Large Rooms
PHILLIPS Air Purifier Series 2000 can remove and reduce pet dander, pollens, allergens, gases, odors, and house dust mites from home, among other pollutants and bacteria. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
Thanks to the active carbon filter, PHILLIPS Air Purifier Series 2000 is built with an outstanding ability to absorb harmful gases, odors, and VOCs, which may have a way through the machine.
The air cleaner has five state-of-the-art settings. Interestingly, a high-speed Virus, Bacteria, and Extra-Sensitive Allergen setup enables the machine to clean the air quickly and silently.
- Features a professional-grade sensor for air quality.
- It is fitted with a fan that adjusts itself automatically.
- Has an active carbon filter.
- Features three filters.
- Comes with 5-purification settings.
- Cleans air and harmful gases, bacteria, and pollutants fast.
- They are designed to be used in medium and large rooms.
- Captures as little as 0.3 microns of pollutants.
- You can synchronize it using your cell phone.
- The machine is quiet.
- Durable machine thanks to robust bodywork.
- The AeraSense Technology allows the air purifier to monitor, clean, and purify the air in large rooms. Besides, it can warn you of the air quality in the room.
- Comes with replaceable filters. I wish they were permanent and washable.
- Replaceable filters are expensive.
4. Blueair Blue Pure 211+ 3-Stage Air Purifier for VOCs and Formaldehyde
Are you tired of carrying heavy air purifiers from one room to another? If this is the problem you’ve been suffering from, I want to introduce you to the best air purifier for VOCs and formaldehyde in the market that you can transport without a problem.
Blueair Blue Pure 211+ 3-Stage Air Purifier by Blueair is a premium air cleaner that weighs some 13 pounds, almost two times lighter than many of its peers in this write-up.
But there is something you need to know about Blueair Blue Pure 211+ 3-Stage Air Purifier. There are two of these products that I wouldn’t want you to confuse about. One of them has 211, and the other is 211+. I’m speaking about the latter, 211+. This one is ideal for slightly smaller rooms compared to 211, designed for rooms that measure up to 620 square feet.
Blueair Blue Pure 211+ 3-Stage Air Purifier is developed using the Advanced Swedish Design characterized by Swedish Filter Technology. Thanks to the technology, the air purifier captures up to 99% of all viruses available in the house, pet dander, bacteria, pollen, mold, dust, and airborne pollutants.
- SIMPLE ONE-BUTTON CONTROL: Easily adjust fan as-needed with one button to ensure optimal air quality, including lowering fan speed at night for uninterrupted sleep
- CLEAN AIR IN MINUTES: Blueair's HEPASilent technology, delivers clean air, faster, and much more quietly than traditional HEPA filtration alone; Quickly cleans 540sqft large room in about 12.5 min or...
- ONE OF THE QUIESTEST AIR PURIFIERS: Quieter (31 dB) than whisper on low; ENERGY STAR rated - uses less energy (30W) than an incandescent lightbulb on low
- COMBAT ALLERGENS: Helps reduce allergens and pollutants that trigger allergy and asthma symptoms
- REMOVES ODOR & PARTICLES DOWN TO 0.1 MICRON: Ideal for smoke & smog during wildfire season; Removes 99.97% of airborne particles like smoke, dust, viruses and pet dander, while the carbon filter traps...
- It consumes between 30 to 60 Watts at low and high speeds.
- Comes with machine-wash filters.
- Advanced Swedish Design.
- 3-fan speed design.
- One-button control system.
- Weighs only 13 pounds.
- Lightweight compared with its peers.
- Compact yet full bodywork.
- The air purifier has Washable filters.
- Extremely silent.
- Does not consume a lot of energy.
- Easy to set up and use.
- One-button control service.
- It emits some smell when replacing oil and new filters.
- I cannot help in large rooms.
5. Airpura F600DLX Formaldehyde, VOCs, and Particles Air Purifier
Airpura F600DLX Formaldehyde, VOCs, and Particles are new, but the air purifier continues to show outstanding performance among related products. First, the machine uses extra-large activated carbon.
The second thing I admire about this air purifier is that it can filter not viruses, bacteria, and pollutants alone but also volatile organic compounds (VOCs) with the help of the HEPA barrier.
Airpura F600DLX is fitted with an exceptionally enhanced chemical reduction, an integral unit for capturing, analyzing, and cleaning air within an enclosure.
The machine cleans acid gases, VOCs, and formaldehyde. If these pollutants were left to thrive in anyone’s home, they would be responsible for causing drowsiness, rhinitis, and uncontrolled headaches.
- Removes: Thousands of airborne particles from common household products. Specially blended carbon blends available
- An air purifier that provides even more powerful protection removing thousands of airborne particles that will significantly improve the quality of your indoor air.
- The powerful HEPA Barrier captures airborne particles, as small as 1 micron. 360° air distribution allows for purification for up to 2000 sq.
- An air purifier that provides even more powerful protection removing thousands of airborne particles.
- Ideal for: Homes, Factory and workplace. Healthy and clean air at home
- Large abatement unit.
- Genuine HEPA filters with HEPA barrier.
- Available in white and cream colors.
- The machine is available in two versions: UV and without UV.
- Cleans the air fast.
- Effective for use in large rooms.
- Nice and good-looking colors.
- You can decide to use the upgraded version.
- A large abatement area helps in the cleaning.
- Cleans prime chemicals, including VOCs.
- It helps in curbing headaches and rhinitis.
- It helps you have a better sleep without early drowsiness.
- It might not be ideal for people with severe MCS.
- UV models come with additional costs.
Note: Replacing the primary particle filter may require an expert.
6. NuWave OXYPURE Large-Area Smart Air Purifier for VOCs and Formaldehyde
If you want to eliminate up to 99.5% of all pollutants from your home, it is time you put your money where you trust you can achieve what you want. The only way to do this is to look at NuWave’s NuWave OCYPURE Air Cleaner for large rooms.
NuWave air purifier captures and eliminates smoke, dust, pollen, mold, pet dander, allergens, lead, Formaldehyde, gases, VOCs & Germs.
The machine can do this quickly through the upgraded electrostatic Bio-Guard filtration process. If you were to look for this upgraded filtration system, I’m sure it would take a while to find it in many other air purifiers.
For the filter to attract, monitor and eventually clean the air in the room, the air purifier’s filter is designed with the ability to create +ve and –ve ions.
After the ions are produced, the air purifier can detect pollutants. Ultimately, it traps all airborne pollutants and destroys bacteria, mold, and allergens.
No products found.
- I haven’t seen a unit with such notable filtration technology. For instance, the 4-stage filtration system incorporates a reusable filter. This filter, made from stainless steel, lasts up to 20 years.
- It is fitted with a Bio-Guard filter lasting up to 20 years.
- The third long-lasting part is Ozone Emission Removal, which lasts 20 years.
- Lastly, a HEPA/carbon filter will give you quality service for at least 12 months.
- We are certified by several health-responsible bodies such as AHAM, CARB, and the United States EPA.
- It is made from materials and parts that last long (some go up to 20 years).
- It will take many years before you spend a penny on this product.
- The product is an energy saver.
- Most of the product’s filters are washable and replaceable.
- You will have a whopping 36 months manufacturer warranty.
- It is automated, and you can operate the machine using Wi-Fi.
- The product is certified by various bodies and is thus ideal for use at home.
- It was built to clean air and other harmful bacteria in large rooms, some of that measure up to 1200 square feet.
- It does better cleaning most things, but I doubt it does a commendable job of removing pet dander.
Be ready to contend with the machine’s excessive weight of 37.2 lbs.
What Are Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)?
As the word suggests, these soft compounds that, among other things, have low water solubility make them hard to eliminate from the house. In addition, VOCs are high in vapor and pressure.
The most exciting part of VOCs is that they are manufactured. Although the intention is not to produce volatile organic compounds (VOCs), they are produced anyway.
For instance, a big pharmaceutical company would have a noble plan to produce drugs to fight a pandemic. In manufacturing the drug, engineers in the laboratory will use other chemicals.
While producing the ‘noble’ product, the company releases volatile organic compounds into the environment.
In short, VOCs are solvents and other related products used in the industry while making a genuine and approved product.
These industrial solvents include trichloroethylene, methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE), and a standard fuel oxygenate.
They may also include other chlorination by-products, such as chloroform.
Manufacturers use various organic compounds to make household items and products, which ultimately qualify as VOCs. That is why paints, wax, and varnishes come with large quantities of VOCs.
- You might be interested in Best Air Purifier And Humidifier Combos.
Do not be surprised to learn that humans are surrounded by VOCs, whether at home, while driving to work, at work, or in industries. Yes, everywhere. Nonetheless, with the best air purifier for VOCs and formaldehyde, you are sure to stay in a breath-friendly environment.
While different countries define VOCs, one thing stands out: they are common air pollutants surrounding us. If not managed, VOCs can cause severe respiratory complications.
Common Indoor Sources of VOCs
As mentioned in the above section, a home can be a haven where VOCs can visit, hatch and circulate. The worst thing about VOCs is that they can come from everyday things, the usual practices we do every day to improve our lives.
Moreover, you can manufacture or catalyze the incubation of VOCs in the living room, bedroom, and kitchen or inside your study.
- Also Read: Best Air Purifier for Kitchen Smoke
I would like you to know that knowing your house’s familiar sources of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) is essential. Upon knowing the sources, you can do all you can to reduce or even eliminate the causes of VOCs from your home. Doing so will show your love and care for your family.
Some of the sources of VOCs that are close to you:
Acetone is available in wallpaper, furniture paints, and nail polish removers.
- See also: Nail Salon Air Purifier
Benzene is present in carpeting products, glue, paint, and polish. It is also present when your car emits a gas that results from gas combustion.
Butanal – if you love lighting candles, cigarettes, and stoves, you will have this gas. In addition, you can get the harmful gas resulting from barbecue emissions.
Carbon Disulfide – this is present in chlorinated tap water.
Ethanol – is found in most home-use detergents, including dishwasher detergents, laundry detergents, and glass cleaners.
Formaldehyde – is available in most floor lacquers and some molded plastics.
Dichlorobenzene – almost all deodorizers and mothballs harbor volatile organic compounds.
Toluene – this is available in paints.
Xylene – is available in vehicle emissions and even when the cars are in idling mode.
Terpenes – most laundry detergents and soaps have this chemical. In short, you enjoy the fragrance when you use bathing soap and other laundry detergents.