For a long time, families have dependent on air purifiers to clean the air in their houses. For this reason, the demand for effective air purifiers has risen in recent days. Besides, breathing clean air that is free from any pollutants and toxins is not only healthy but also fundamental for the environment. To make it happen, you need to rely on a quality air cleaner. Thankfully, you can get the best GermGuardian air purifier in the market.
Why am I emphasizing on GermGuardian? One thing is certain; the company has done a tremendous job. Over the years, Germ Guardian has been in the forefront of producing high-quality air purifiers.
In addition, the company also makes Germ Guardian air filters as well as other accessories that you can use on your Germ Guardian air purifier.
This article will give you a chance to have a detailed look at some of the Germ Guardian air purifier reviews. I am sure that after going through the various Germ Guardian products, you will be in a better position to make a good choice.
Best GermGuardian Air Purifier – Comparison Table
|Picture||Best Germguardian Air Purifiers||Filtration||Weight|
|Germ Guardian AC9200W Air Purifier||True HEPA||20.3 lbs|
|Germ Guardian CDAP5500BCA Air Purifier||True HEPA||11.6 lbs|
|GermGuardian AC5900W Air Purifier||True HEPA||13 lbs|
However, before I delve into the product reviews, allow me talk about two important things:
1. a) Why Choose GermGuardian Air Purifiers Over Others
As mentioned in the opening words, GermGuardian has been around for a long time. During this time, the manufacturer has not only produced different air purifiers that clean air pollutions from many homes. That is not all.
Here are additional reasons why you should consider GermGuardian air purifiers the antidote to your home air pollutions:
- GermGuardian air purifiers are effective in what they are made for, making it possible for you and your family breathe clean air. These products help clean impurities, pollutants, and toxins that cause allergies.
- Air cleaners especially GermGuardian HEPA air purifiers come with a unique ability of removing dust thus reducing significantly the amount of time you use in cleaning your house.
- Most GermGuardian air purifiers come with reasonable prices.
2. b) Using A GermGuardian Air Cleaner Effectively
One thing I love about GermGuardian air purifiers is that they come fully assembled for use. Your work will be to start using the machine. In most cases, your first step would be to unpack it and plug it to the power source.
It is advisable that you place the best GermGuardian air purifier a few inches from the wall. In fact, those who are versed with guardian technologies air cleaning system know that it is best practice to place it at the center of the room.
Placing GermGuardian HEPA air purifier away from the wall or any obstacle helps in proper air circulation across the entire room.
Lastly, GermGuardian air purifiers come with a manual, which will guide you on how to use the product effectively.
The 7 Best GermGuardian Air Purifiers To Look For This Year
After that brief introduction, now is the time to look at those GermGuardian air purifier reviews I promised you.
1. GermGuardian AC9200W Air Purifier -Best Germguardian Air Purifier
A few intricate things make this air purifier unique. For instance, this GermGuardian air purifier is rated ENERGY STAR. In addition, this machine is also AHAM and CARB verified and certified respectively, making the product one of the terrific air purifiers GermGuardian has ever made. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
Still on CADR rating, GermGuardian AC9200W stands at 265 for pollen and 216 for smoke and dust.
As on how the 3-level air purification works, the pre-filter is designed to capture all the large particles. The activated carbon charcoal filter comes in second with advanced work of removing cigarette smoke, cooking fumes, as well as pet odors. The third GermGuardian filter in this product is the True HEPA filter, which is responsible for removing all allergy-causing particles such as dust, pollen, mold spores, mildew, pet dander, and mold spores among other finer germs.
The GermGuardian filter in this product features a 3-level air purification system, a technology that includes, among other things an activated charcoal filter, True HEPA filter, and a pre-filter.
If you have a spacious home, consider GermGuardian AC9200W the best GermGuardian air purifier because it is designed for large rooms that measure averagely 335 square feet.
- Ergonomic handle.
- UV light.
- Programmable timer.
- 3-speed setting.
- Ideal for rooms with 335 square feet.
- CADR rating: pollen- 265, and dust/smoke -216.
- Good in eliminating odors.
- Easy to carry and move around thanks to the ergonomic handle.
- Illuminates the house when in use (optional).
- It is friendly to those struggling with allergies.
- Ideal for bedside air purification.
- With 20 lbs, it is heavy.
- A bit hard to operate.
2. GermGuardian CDAP5500BCA Smart Air Purifier
If you are a person fascinated with GermGuardian technologies air cleaning system, consider this piece the perfect choice. The product is compatible to Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. That means you can command the operation of this machine from the comfort of your bed. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
For the air purifier to utilize the latest technology, you need to download and install the GermGuardian air purifier app. Additionally, you can use Google and Alexa voice controls, which make it easy and simple to change the air purifier’s settings at the comfort of your couch.
The air purifier is among the few GermGuardian has made with a 4-in-1 filtration system.
CDAP5500BCA works better in small rooms with a maximum of some 167 square feet. Although designed for small rooms, CDAP5500BCA has the ability of cleaning and purifying the air up to 4 times every 60 minutes.
During its operational hours, CDAP5500BCA best GermGuardian air purifier traps allergens and removes all unwanted odors from the house.
This product is also fitted with GermGuardian UV light, which is the number one tool in killing all germs and viruses.
- Up 5-speed setting.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi-enabled.
- Meant for rooms measuring 167 square feet.
- CADR rating: pollen – 127, smoke – 108, and dust – 114.
- Compatible to Google and Alexa voice controls.
- True HEPA filtration technology.
- UV light (optional).
- Fitted with QAM sensor.
- Weighs 11.6 lbs.
- It is light.
- Adjusts automatically.
- Cannot disturb you at night thanks to night mode setting.
- Efficient air filtration thanks to True HEPA filtration.
- Easy to operate thanks to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth prompts.
- Google and Alexa voice controls make it even easier to operate.
- Over exposure to UV light may be dangerous to users.
- It requires additional knowledge to be able to operate the SMART features.
3. GermGuardian AC5900W Air Purifier
Another best GermGuardian air purifier is AC5900W. Among the features that stand out in this air purifier are excellent odor elimination, unmatched filtration, and impeccable removal of germs and other allergens. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
Thanks to the air purifier’s programmable timers, it is possible for the machine to continue purifying the air in your home for 8+ hours.
The other thing you will love about this GermGuardian air purifier is the CADR rating. For instance, AC5900W features a 220 rating for dust, 218 for smoke, and 215 for pollen. With this impeccable CADR rating on the various pollutants, you are certain that the air purifier is what your family needs.
AC5900W GermGuardian air purifier is designed to clean air in large rooms, measuring over 338 square feet. Interestingly, the air purifier weighs only 13 pounds, a weight that is easy to carry.
In order to ensure you kill all germs and allergens from the house, the machine is fitted with GermGuardian UV light. This, together with Guardian technologies air cleaning system, makes it easy to remove all the impurities and pollutants from the air in your home.
- Meant for large rooms (338 sq ft and above).
- 3-speed setting.
- Programmable timer (8+ hours).
- UV C light (optional).
- 3-filtration system.
- CADR rating: 220 for dust, 218 for smoke, and 215 for pollen.
- It is light.
- Cleans large rooms.
- Cleans air in rooms for many hours.
- Easy to operate with no funny prompts.
- Effective in killing stubborn allergy-causing germs.
- Incredible CADR rating, making it one of the best air purifiers for family use.
- Requires constant supervision.
- You may need to service it regularly.
4. Germ Guardian AC5350W Air Filter
Of all the Germ Guardian air purifiers, AC5350W is perhaps the quietest. Even if the machine is operating on its highest speed, GermGuardian AC5350W will still be very silent to the point that a person in the next room will not know if there is a machine in the house. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
You can choose from the 5 speed settings that come with this air purifier. Depending on the speed you choose, AC5350W will clean the whole house for many hours. In fact, it is estimated that the machine can run for 8 hours nonstop.
Thanks to the activated carbon charcoal filter, the air purifier has the unique ability of reducing odors from the house completely. Some of the odors you will arrest using this Germ Guardian air purifier include cooking fumes, smoke, pet odor, and dander.
Because of its optional UV light, the air purifier comes with the ability to kill viruses that might be present in the air. Some of the viruses include rhinovirus, staph, and influenza. In addition, the machine utilizes titanium dioxide to minimize volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that might be present in the house.
You might be interested in Best Air Purifiers for VOCs and Formaldehyde
- 5-speed settings.
- GermGuardian HEPA air purifier.
- UV light (optional).
- AHAM verified.
- Meant for rooms measuring 167 square feet and above.
- CADR rating: smoke -108, pollen – 127, and dust – 114.
- Stylish design.
- Nice look.
- Lightweight at just 11.1 lbs.
- Comes with 5 years warranty.
- Extremely quiet.
- Removes all odors from the house.
- Friendly for people with allergies.
- Can operate for many hours.
- Can only clean air in small rooms.
- May develop technical problems such as going off when it is turned on.
5. Germguardian AC4100 Desktop HEPA Filter & UVC Air Purifier
Are you tired of pulling huge units in the name of air purifiers? If yes, you are now sorted. The GermGuardian AC4100 is the lightest Germ Guardian has ever produced with just 4.8 lbs. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
One thing you will love about this best GermGuardian air purifier is that it is portable. Because of its portability, many people who travel a lot yet want to breathe clean air in their rooms carry this air purifier.
It might look like a tiny desktop but this machine has everything you need to eliminate those bad odors from the room.
With a 3-stage filtration system, you are sure this machine will help you eliminate deadly viruses and all pollutants from the room.
The other things you will appreciate about this GermGuardian air purifier are a sensor that tells you of the air quality, an indicator that alerts you the right time to change the filter, and a UV light that kills all germs from the house.
With a cube design, it is easy for the air purifier to fit any setup.
- Item weighs 4.8 lbs.
- 3-stage air purification.
- Air quality sensor.
- Filter change indicator.
- Ideal for small rooms around 78 square feet.
- CADR rating: pollen – 76, dust – 56, and smoke – 50.
- Compact design.
- Reliable in elimination odors, germs, and viruses.
- Quiet especially in low-speed setting.
- Energy efficient.
- Cannot purify air in large rooms.
- Doesn’t run for long.
- Makes noise when running on high speed.
6. Germ Guardian AC4200W Air Purifier
Germ Guardian AC4200W is not only an air purifier but also an odor remover and deodorizer. This nicely-built air purifiers stands out as one of the best GermGuardian air purifiers with a beautiful white color and design. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
The item comes with a long power cord that allows you to connect to the power source with ease. In addition, AC4200W weighs just 6.5 pounds, making it one of the lightest air purifiers Germ Guardian has ever made.
Thanks to the 360 degrees true HEPA filtration system; this machine has the ability to trap pet hair, pet dander, dust, and other large particles that might be present in the air.
Using its activated charcoal filter, the air purifier reduces filthy odors from the house such as cooking fumes, smoke, and pet odor.
Also Read: Best Air Purifier for Odor Elimination
The machine is designed to clean air in sizeable rooms that measure 105 square feet or thereabout.
When you want the machine to work at night, you have the option of putting it in the sleep mode, which in turn puts the lights off. This helps all those in the room to sleep peacefully as the machine cleans air for up to four hours nonstop.
- AHAM verified.
- Long power cord.
- UV light (optional).
- 4-speed setting.
- CADR rating: pollen – 77, dust – 76, smoke – 68.
- Comes with 3 years GermGuardian warranty.
- Super silent operation.
- Easy to operate.
- Ideal for small rooms.
- No disturbance to those asleep.
- You may need to replace the filters regularly.
- Might not run for many hours.
- Can’t clean air in large rooms.
7. Germguardian True HEPA Filter Air Purifier for Home AC4825
With a CADR rating of 108 for smoke, 118 for dust, and 125 for pollen, this 3 in 1 best GermGuardian air purifier is all you need for your dirty air problems in the house. Besides, this air purifier is energy efficient. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
Thanks to the 3-speed settings, this GermGuardian air purifier has the ability to clean air in your house for more than 6 hours nonstop.
To kill germs and deadly viruses, AC4825 is fitted with Germ Guardian UV light. Although the feature is optional, it is a sure way of ensuring you eliminate allergy-causing germs.
Before dirty hits the filter, the guardian technologies air cleaning system that is fitted in the air purifier captures large dirty particles that include dust at the pre-filter. After this intuitive process, the machine purifies air using the other remaining filters.
You do not expect this air purifier to make any noise because it is made in such a way that allows for silent performance whether it is at night or during the day. Because of its quiet performance, AC4825 is the ideal GermGuardian air purifier for baby room, the elderly, and those battling several healthy issues.
- Item weighs 8.5 lbs.
- Ideal for rooms measuring 167 square feet.
- 3-speed setting.
- UV light (optional).
- 6-ft power cord.
- Filter replacement reminder.
- CADR rating: pollen – 125, dust – 118, and smoke – 108.
- Quiet performance.
- You will know when to replace filter.
- Best value for cleaning air.
- Fairly lightweight.
- The machine heats up fast.
- It emits smell like that of a burning plastic.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How Often Should I Change GermGuardian Filters?
A: Generally, Germ Guardian filters last up to 8 months. Depending on the number of times you use your air purifier in a week, the filter may last between 6 and 8 months. For better performance, you need to replace genuine filters during that period.
Q: Can I Use The Best GermGuardian Air Purifier All Night?
A: Depending on the type of the GermGuardian air purifier, the number of settings, machine ability and the size of the room, you can use a Germ Guardian air purifier all night.
Q: Does Germ Guardian Offer Free Shipping?
A: Yes! Guardian Technologies, the manufacturer of Germ Guardian air purifiers is based in the United States of America and offers free shipping of its air purifiers to clients in 48 states.
The air is not clean in many parts of the world today. However, you don’t have to subject your loved ones to breathing pollutants and toxins that are present in the air. You can save your family by investing in any of the best GermGuardian air purifiers that I have reviewed above. As you may have seen, some of the air purifiers in this review do not even hit $100. So, what are you waiting for?