Are you living in a house and thinking about whole-house air purifiers? Whether you stay alone or with family, air quality in your home is essential. As such, you need to invest in the best whole-house air purifier to help ensure the air quality in your home is at its best.
Even as we delve into this vital house appliance, some questions arise. Some of these questions warrant in-depth research, while others do not. For instance, it is essential to know what whole-house air purifiers are and, if possible, the main difference between them and other air purifiers.
The other thing worth your time is how whole house air purifiers work. Upon knowing these two essential things, then you will be better placed to find the best whole home air purifier for your family. I’m also confident that knowing the filters the best whole-house air purifiers use will help you better prepare yourself.
- 1 What Is A Whole House Air Purifier?
- 2 How Does a Whole House Air Purifier Work?
- 3 1. Alen BreatheSmart Classic Air Purifier -Best Overall Whole House Air Purifier
- 4 2. Coway Airmega 400 Smart Air Purifier with 1,560 sq. ft. Coverage
- 5 3. Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier with Medical Grade H13 HEPA Filter
- 6 4. LEVOIT Smart Wi-Fi Air Purifier for Home
- 7 5. GreenTech Environmental PureAir 3000 Advanced Whole Home Air Purifier System
- 8 6. Oransi Max HEPA Large Room Air Purifier
- 9 7. Green Air Deluxe 3 Plate HEPA and Odor Fighting Filter Alpine Air Purifier
- 10 Features To Consider While Choosing a Whole House Air Purifier
- 11 Conclusion
Before we look at some of the best whole-house filtration systems that touch the hearts of many homeowners, let’s look at those two crucial questions.
What Is A Whole House Air Purifier?
As the name suggests, a whole-house air purifier is a home appliance that can clean and purify the air in the whole house. Unlike other air purifiers, most of which I have addressed in the past, the best whole-house air purifier remains the best in removing the polluted air from home.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), contrary to what many people think, the reality is that indoor air can be polluted up to 5x compared to outdoor air. For this reason alone, you need a whole-house air purifier system to remove polluted air of this magnitude.
To help whole-house air purifiers do their work effectively, manufacturers use a variety of filters. The four primary filters you can find in the best whole home air cleaner include:
- UV filters – these high-end filters use ultraviolet light to kill all mold and bacteria.
- Electronic filters – with the help of an all-time electrostatic field, these filters uniquely capture the tiniest particles.
- Media filters – unlike electronic filters, they are renowned for capturing and destroying large particles.
- Electrostatic filters use charged particles, killing germs and bacteria that may not be visible to the naked eye.
How Does a Whole House Air Purifier Work?
Although you’ve seen the four main types of filters whole-house air cleaners use, you may still ask, how does a whole-house air cleaner work? Well, it is simple.
For a whole house air purifier to do its job, it must be integrated with your house’s heating and cooling psychism. This is to control your house’s air quality while adjusting the house’s temperature.
Depending on the type(s) of filters in the machine, the air in the house will heat or cool, thus killing mold, and bacteria, removing fumes and destroying all harmful particles from your house.
With those few opening observations on what the best whole-house air purifier is, the various types of filters used in a house air purifier, and how the best whole-home air cleaner works, you no doubt want to know some of the best whole-house air purifiers in the market.
1. Alen BreatheSmart Classic Air Purifier -Best Overall Whole House Air Purifier
True to its name, BreatheSmart is one of the remaining best cleaners for the whole house, with outstanding features. For instance, the home air purifier is available in various colors. You can find a rosewood cabinet, espresso, oak, graphite, maple, white, or even weathered grey.
The other thing you will appreciate about Alen BreatheSmart Classic is that it can cover up to 1100 square feet, which it does so every 30 minutes. Some things that are harmful to humans that you would want this machine to help you remove include allergies, dust, bacteria, mold, chemicals, smoke, odor, and pet dander, among other things.
No products found.
- You may like a humidifier and air purifier together.
This whole-house HEPA air purifier has 4-speed fan settings for optimum interior air circulation and purification. In addition, you will never go wrong with the air purifier’s ‘pink’ noise at night, promoting your sleep quality.
- Air quality sensor reports in real-time the air quality in the house – blue for excellent air quality, orange for acceptable air quality, and red, which indicates the air is of inadequate or poor quality.
- CARB certified.
- 4-fan speed.
- Auto mode to adjust the fan speed.
- Improves sleep quality.
- It is auto-operated.
- Able to check air quality in real-time.
- Cleans the air in a large room within seconds.
- Lifetime warranty.
- It makes noise.
- Finding some replacement units can be messy.
2. Coway Airmega 400 Smart Air Purifier with 1,560 sq. ft. Coverage
Another big machine to clean the air in your home you should know is Coway’s Airmega. This product is unique because it is an air purifier for a big house. Proper to its description, this whole-house air purifier can clean and purify the air in a massive room within seconds. More than 1560 square feet within a few seconds.
You can get either a silver/graphite cabinet or a white one. Like many competitors, Coway Smart 400 can capture and reduce up to 99.97% of the tiniest particles, including pollen, allergens, and other pollutants.
No products found.
Every minute, this hospital-grade whole-house air purifier reports and reminds you of the quality of the air in the house, something that will help you know and act accordingly. When at its lowest speed, the noise of this house air filter is almost silent.
Thanks to the high-end technique used to make this the best whole-house air purifier for mold, it is possible to remove dangerous fumes such as CH3CHO and NH3 from the house.
- You may also like: Best Air Purifiers for VOCs and Formaldehyde
- 2 dB noise level when at the highest speed.
- 64 watts motor.
- Cleans up to 1560 square feet.
- Brightly LED ring.
- Has washable & permanent filters.
- Easy to set it up.
- Economical since the motor does not consume a lot of electricity.
- Washable and Permanent filters.
- It keeps reminding you of indoor air quality.
- 5-year motor and other electronic part warranty.
- Noiseless at its lowest speed.
- We have a limited internal malfunctions warranty.
- The warning from the bright LED ring can be annoying.
3. Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier with Medical Grade H13 HEPA Filter
Compared with other Hathaspace air purifiers, Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier with a 1500+ Sq Ft Coverage Area comes up at the top. In fact, to some, it is referred a medical-grade air purifier.
While some industry competitors remove particles up to 0.3 microns, this whole house air purifier with UV light goes even more profound by removing up to 0.1 microns. With this ability, you can be sure that this best whole-house air purifier can remove VOCs, smoke, viruses, bacteria, odors, pet dander, dust mites, mold, and pollen, among other tiny germs and particles.
The product is equipped with a vast and powerful motor, which can rotate the fan several times in an hour. The result is cleaning the air in a whopping 1500+ room twice in 60 minutes.
No products found.
- SMART particle sensor.
- 5-in-1 home filtration system.
- Active auto mode.
- Sleek touchscreen.
- 5-year warranty.
- Clean and purifies air in a large room (1500+sq ft).
- Medical grade home filtration system that is of high quality than HEPA.
- Powerful motor.
- Bright and sleek touchscreen that displays indoor air quality.
- Washable pre-filters save your family lots of money.
- Sometimes, it might give wrong readings.
4. LEVOIT Smart Wi-Fi Air Purifier for Home
We all live in a time when over 75% of families, especially in urban areas, access the internet. The availability of Wi-Fi gadgets has made it possible for family members to work and live a simple life.
Operating appliances in the house, including house air filters using Wi-Fi, has become a norm. As such, whole-house air filtration manufacturers are included. They, too, have embraced technology to produce the best whole-house air purifier you can operate using wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi).
Speaking of Wi-Fi-enabled whole-house HEPA air purifiers, LEVOIT LV-PUR131S comes into the picture. Using a compatible Alexa device, you can add voice control, which will help give the appliance prompts even when asleep.
The speaker of this whole house air purification system is loud to help get all the prompts you need. You can comfortably use your phone to issue commands and control the purity of air in your house.
- This air purifier can display up to 10 advanced features. The features include air quality, filter life, and cleaning mode, and you can even schedule your air purifying sessions.
No products found.
- Cutting edge sensor.
- Quality speaker.
- Bright LED screen.
- Huge honeycomb filter.
- Voice command control.
- Google Home Assistant applicator.
- You can operate the air purifier using your phone.
- Cleans the air in seconds.
- Auto sensor warns of the air quality.
- Suitable for people struggling with allergies and asthma.
- Lightweight and sleek.
- Very silent at low mode.
- The touchscreen is fragile.
- It makes noise when in high/med mode.
5. GreenTech Environmental PureAir 3000 Advanced Whole Home Air Purifier System
While many people are used to air purifiers that handle air that comes into the machine, GreenTech does things differently. This home air purifier endeavors to clean the air that comes into the machine and surrounds it.
The unique feature of this house air filter is that it clears dirt from the air and the surfaces as well as the floor while doing this on a much larger surface area of 3000 square feet.
GreenTech offers the perfect antidote for asthmatic patients and those dealing with allergies. The whole house air purifier with UV light uses photocatalytic oxidation to break down and remove odors from the air. This high-end technology employs plasma to remove odors, bacteria, mold, and other pollutants.
The whole house air purifier also sends negative ions into the air, which brings bacteria and particles together for easy identification.
No products found.
- Large fan.
- Clear LED display.
- Compact design.
- Several buttons regulate air conditioning.
- 2 AAA batteries are required.
- Improves air quality in the house.
- Suitable for people with allergies.
- Sleek design.
- Ideal for homes with pets.
- Small screen display at the bottom.
- You need size AAA to operate the remote.
6. Oransi Max HEPA Large Room Air Purifier
Oransi Max home purifier system is ideal for placement in the basement, large rooms, and spacious bedrooms.
With it in the house, you will sleep much better, free from pet dander, dust, mold spores, and other allergens. You will also have confidence in this unit because Oransi’s filters were recently rated number one in eliminating contaminated air from the house.
Thanks to the air purifier’s 3-stage air purification, you can be sure that the air quality in your house will be clean in a matter of seconds as long as the room does not exceed 600 square feet.
At its lowest mode, Oransi Max HEPA Large Room Air Purifier has a noise level of 10dB and a highest of 53dB when set on high mode.
No products found.
- Ten years warranty.
- Cleans the air in a 600 sq ft room.
- 10dB and 53dB noise levels at low and high modes, respectively.
- You don’t require a user’s manual to change the filters.
- A whopping 10-year warranty covers everything.
- The air purifier for home is extremely quiet when at low mode.
- Even in the highest mode, the purifier is silent.
- An air quality monitor enables you to check the air quality in your house in real-time.
- Only for small rooms.
- The air sensor keeps depreciating with time.
7. Green Air Deluxe 3 Plate HEPA and Odor Fighting Filter Alpine Air Purifier
Are you tired of plastic or metal-bodied air purifiers? If yes, the ideal machine is right in front of you. The air purifier for the whole house comes with a large fan area at the top, while button prompts take up side positions at the bottom.
At the center bottom is a small screen display that gives you all the needed details on the air quality in the house. You can decide to operate the buttons manually or use a battery-operated remote control provided by the manufacturer.
With an output of 1080 mg/hr, this best whole-house air purifier can clean up to 3500 square feet of a large room. The appliance for home air cleaning features two timers and can turn on or off any time you preselect it.
You do not need to change the filters unless something damages them. The house air filter comes with dishwasher-safe filters.
No products found.
- 3-plate air purification system.
- Formica body.
- Large fan.
- Remote-controlled LCD.
- UV lamp for stubborn odor and particles.
- Cleans and purifies air in a large room.
- Improves the quality of air and sleep in the house.
- Nice sturdy design.
- Easy operation thanks to a dual timer.
- Dated interface.
- Many controls may confuse you.
Features To Consider While Choosing a Whole House Air Purifier
If you have used a whole-house air purifier, you know the benefits the appliance has given you. Nonetheless, if some time has passed since you got your home-use appliance, you still need to remember what wooed you to buy the machine.
Besides, it maybe this is your first time buying a whole-house air purifier. If so, this part will be of help to you. It will help you decide on buying the best whole-house air purifier.
This first and fundamental factor will help you determine the type of home air purifier you will buy. The beauty manufacturers are helping you with this, making it easier for you to decide wisely.
Most air purifiers for home manufacturers do not leave it at a chance. Whether on the package or their websites, they have indicated the square feet each air purifier for the whole house will cover.
Perhaps you have seen that this review shows the most petite square feet to 600 while the most significant is 3500.
If you intend to use the best whole-house air purifier for a large house with, among other things, a basement, pets, and several rooms, you need the best whole-house filtration system to clean air in a large area.
Filtration is vital and differs from one whole house cleaner to another. I initially tried to speak about this subject when I pointed out that the best whole-house air purifier uses four primary filters.
However, perhaps you have seen that some high-end air purifiers for the whole house use various filters in their air filtration and purification process. Whether it is photocatalytic oxidation, ionization, UV, or even the use of ordinary permanent filters, your primary focus should be on how effective the air purifier’s filtration system is.
No one can withstand a sturdy, nice-looking, noisy whole-house air purifier. Primarily, many homeowners prefer the air purification system to work at night. If you agree with me, it beats logic that you’d go for a house air filter with the lowest dB levels.
From my review, I can see one with as low as 10dB at its low mode and a maximum of a meager 53dB at the high mode.
If you have small children, an older adult, or someone struggling with an ailment in the house, you will do better to go for a whole-house air purifier with UV light that is almost silent, whether at its high or low mode.
With the availability of the best whole-house air purifiers in the market, you do not have to put your family’s health and that of your pets at stake. You can choose the ideal whole-house HEPA air purifier that can clean the air in your home.
Whether it is the recommended hospital-grade whole-house air purifier or a small air purifier for a single room, ensure it cannot disturb your loved ones when it is working.