Today we will explain to you how to do Levoit Air Purifiers maintenance. The Levoit Air Purifier is a smart device that does a great job cleaning the air in your home. The only problem is that it can’t clean itself!
To keep it working like new and ensure you’re getting all the benefits of its features, you need to know how to clean it and when to do so. So here we go:
- 1 How Do I Set Up My Levoit Air Purifier?
- 2 How to Connect the Levoit Air Purifier to a Smart App?
- 3 What if You Smell a Bad Smell From the Filter?
- 4 Levoit Air Purifiers maintenance – How Long Can I Keep My Levoit Running?
- 5 Cleaning those parts of your Levoit Air Purifiers can make the machine more efficient
- 6 How to Clean the Levoit Air Purifier
- 7 How to install Levoit Air Purifier Pre-Filter
- 8 Replacing the leading filter in the Levoit Air Purifier
- 9 Learn how to keep your Levoit air purifier working like new.
- 10 How to Reset the Levoit Air Purifier Red Light?
- 11 Levoit Air Purifiers maintenance – Conclusion
How Do I Set Up My Levoit Air Purifier?
Here we show you how to set up your Levoit Air Purifier. We’ll start by showing you how to unbox it. Then we’ll go over how to connect it and install the filters.
- Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet. After unplugging it, please wait at least 15 seconds before plugging it back in again.
- Plug in the air purifier by inserting both prongs of the cord into an electrical outlet.
- Remove both filters from their packaging and place them inside your Levoit Air Purifier according to their specific instructions (refer to your guide for more detailed information).
How to Connect the Levoit Air Purifier to a Smart App?
The Levoit Air Purifier comes with an intelligent app that allows you to control your air purifier anywhere in the world. To connect it to your phone, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Levoit Smart App on your smartphone from either Google Play or Apple App Store.
- Once installed, open the app and log in using an email address and password (if you don’t have one yet, make sure to create one using the app).
- Once logged in, hit the “+” icon to add a new device. You will be prompted to scan a QR code on the back of your air purifier.
- Once you do that, the app will automatically search for a Levoit Air Purifier in your home. If it finds one, select it and enter your Wi-Fi password to connect to your network.
- If it doesn’t find the device, ensure that you have turned on your air purifier and are within range of your Wi-Fi network.
- Once connected, the app will prompt you to enter the serial number of your air purifier.
What if You Smell a Bad Smell From the Filter?
If you smell a foul smell from your filter, it might be time to clean it. The best way to do this is by using the included cleaning brush and following the manufacturer’s instructions on how to do so.
If the smell is mild and not too frequent, it’s probably just a dusty filter. The best way to eliminate this smell is to wipe the HEPA filter with a dry cloth or paper towel (don’t use water).
When the smell is more intense and frequent, especially if it’s accompanied by an electrical short or burning smell, there might be something wrong with your air purifier. You should contact Levoit for assistance as soon as possible. You can contact them by phone at 800-333-5288 or by email at [email protected].
Levoit Air Purifiers maintenance – How Long Can I Keep My Levoit Running?
The Levoit air purifier is designed to run for 24 hours straight and then go into sleep mode. So you can easily use it all night while you sleep.
However, if you need your cleaner running longer than 24 hours, or if you want to use the timer feature on some models (such as the LPA-250), there are options for running them longer than a day at a time.
Cleaning those parts of your Levoit Air Purifiers can make the machine more efficient
To properly clean your Levoit, follow these three simple steps:
- Remove the filter.
- Wipe down the filter with a cloth dampened with a mixture of water and vinegar (about 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water). This will help remove any dust that may have accumulated on it during use. Let it dry before putting it back in place.
- Re-install the filter into your machine and reboot it by turning it off, unplugging/replugging in, and waiting until the ready light turns green before using it as usual!
How to Clean the Levoit Air Purifier
To clean the pre-filter, remove it from its slot on the cleaner and place it under warm running water. Wipe down with a damp cloth, and get all the dirt off—Air dry before refitting in its place.
To clean the HEPA filter, remove it from its slot on the purifier and place it under clean running water to loosen any dust that may have collected during use. Dry thoroughly before replacing your device.
Now that you’ve got both filters out of your machine and washed up take some time to wipe down other parts of your Levoit as well: Remove all visible dust from inside the main body of your device (don’t forget about those hard-to-reach corners). If there’s any visible grime or buildup around where the air is released from the inside (such as near where you plug in), use an old toothbrush or rag dipped in soapy water to scrub away any messes—but be gentle!
Keep an eye out for any loose screws or cracked plastic parts you might need to fix; if anything seems like it could fall off someday soon, call us for help!
How to install Levoit Air Purifier Pre-Filter
The pre-filter is located inside the bottom of your Levoit Air Purifier. To access it, flip your purifier onto its front side and remove the screw holding the bottom plate. Set aside this plate to reveal the filter below.
Now that you’ve removed it, you can clean or replace your pre-filter as needed—follow these steps:
- Remove by hand and throw away any debris from the inside (if necessary). Be sure not to touch the material on either side of the pre-filter, as this can damage it over time if touched repeatedly or aggressively cleaned off with harsh chemicals like bleach or ammonia-based products
Replacing the leading filter in the Levoit Air Purifier
You can clean your primary filter by removing it and washing it with warm water. You may want to use a bar of mild dish soap or detergent to make sure that you remove any grime or debris from the surface of the filter. After you’ve cleaned your primary filter, replace it in its original position in the air purifier.
Learn how to keep your Levoit air purifier working like new.
How to clean the filter
To clean the filter, use a lint-free cloth and wipe it down. We recommend using filtered or distilled water to rinse any excess dirt or dust particles for the best results. You can also use a vacuum cleaner hose attachment to remove even more particulate matter from your Levoit air purifier’s medial wheel.
How to replace the filter
Replacing your air purifier’s filters is essential for maintaining your machine’s peak performance and ensuring it continues working at total capacity for years. The general rule of thumb is that you should change both filters every six months or so—but this can vary based on how many people live in your home and how often you use it throughout the day, as well as which model you have purchased (some models require more frequent changes than others).
When replacing filters, prioritize safety by using only high-quality replacement parts manufactured by Levoit themselves; these are available via Amazon Prime or other retailers like Best Buy if need be!
- Read also: Best Air Purifier For Odor Elimination
How to Reset the Levoit Air Purifier Red Light?
If the red light is still flashing, turn off the air purifier and press and hold the power button for three seconds. Then, power on the air purifier again. Please wait for a few moments until it turns green.
If your Levoit Air Purifier’s red light is flashing, you need to reset it to return its default settings (including turning off Auto Mode). To do so:
- Turn off your Levoit Air Purifier by pressing down on its power button for around five seconds until its LED lights turn off ultimately;
- Press and hold down this same button while powering back up your machine;
- Please wait until all of its indicators glow green before releasing said button; then voila! You’re good to go!
Levoit Air Purifiers maintenance – Conclusion
We hope this article has helped you understand how the Levoit Air Purifier works. In addition, we’ve also provided tips on how to maintain your machine longer and is more efficient.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time!