The best Honeywell air purifiers are worth buying because they clean air thoroughly by removing even the tiniest micron of dust. Because they’re versatile, Honeywell air filters can easily capture particles like mold, pollen, pet dander, and smoke, and clean the air in different rooms in just a short time.
While Honeywell air purifiers are products of the same company, it’s important to keep in mind that they have some differences. They come in different colors, they cover different room sizes in square feet, and their prices differ from one option to another.
Best Honeywell Air Purifiers
|Picture||Name||Coverage Area||Rating [/5]|
|Honeywell HPA100 True HEPA Allergen Remover||155 sq Ft||4.6|
|Honeywell HPA030 Tower Air Purifier HEPA Allergen Remover HPA030B||170 sq ft||4.6|
|Honeywell 50250-S True HEPA Air Purifier, White||390 sq ft||4.2|
|Honeywell True HEPA Air Purifier with Allergen Remover-Black, HPA100, Medium Room,||155 sq ft||4.2|
Which is the the Best Honeywell Air Purifier in 2019?
In this article, we’ll look at some of the best Honeywell true HEPA air purifiers in the market today. We’ll highlight the unique features of each product. And we’ll tell you their pros and cons. At the very least, this guide should help you to choose a Honeywell air filter with ease.
1. Honeywell Professional Series True HEPA Air Purifier–Best Honeywell Air Purifier
The Honeywell Professional Series is a good option that can help you purify a room as large as 325 square feet. It can effectively capture up to 99.97% of particles in the air, including bacteria and viruses. And the best part is that it’s one of the most effective air purifiers under $500. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
- The Professional True HEPA Air Purifier has particle and VOC sensors that monitor the quality of air in your room. It also has a LED display unit that provides air quality feedback in real time. The indicator will show the quality of air as clean, fair, or poor.
- The unit features a premium design, which means that you get a durable product for the money. This should serve you for a very long time to come.
- Honeywell Professional Series utilizes mechanical filtration processes that pull air that has particles through its fans and absorbs the pollutants. The mechanical filtration then forces the air through the True EPA filters again to effect cleaning and boost the circulation of clean air in your room so that you can breathe quality air.
- This unit features a Sleep Mode, which dims the LED lights and then operates at the quietest speed to give you peace of mind when sleeping.
- This air purifier has durable filters that only require replacement after a year of service.
- The process of replacing the filters is easy and you will not need a technician or any tools to remove a worn out filter and fix a new one.
- This model automatically adjusts to indoor pollutants levels and cleans the air while you sit back and relax.
The Honeywell Professional Series True HEPA Air Purifier is almost perfect in design and performance. But some drawbacks set in when you want to use a vacuum cleaner to remove the trapped particles. The dust, animal fur and other forms of dirt building up on the screen make unit appear dull and very difficult to clean.
Honeywell Genius Air Cleaner comes at a pocket-friendly price of under $200. And it has highly effective air filters that capture pollutants from the air with ease. In fact, this air filter can get rid of pollution to the tune of 99 percent accuracy, irrespective of the size of the dust/dirt. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
One of the things that we love about this Honeywell air filter is the fact that it meets the federal guidelines for energy efficiency and it utilizes easy-to-use tap controls that will give you a 5-level air cleaning performance.
- The device has an outstanding performance on air-cleaning using touch controls that capture close to 100 percent of the dirt.
- The Patented QuietClean ifD technology in the device improves the air-cleansing process to get rid of allergens and harmful gases.
- It has Auto-On/Off oscillation and a 2-12 hour automatic switch-off timer that allows you to preset the running time.
- The machine has the smart touch screens for controls to reduce the work needed to control it manually.
- This unit may not be big enough, but it still cleans air quite well, easily covering a room of 250 square feet.
- The air purifier can operate in relatively medium rooms effectively in an extremely quiet manner.
- The product has a permanent and washable filter that does not require replacement and the pre-filters that you can replace on a monthly basis.
- The use of 2 pre-filter options and the washable foam pre-filter and odor-reducing pre-filter make the purification of air almost 100% efficient.
- It has a sleek design coupled with 5 clean settings including sleep, germ, and allergen, general and maximum settings.
- The air purifier has the drawback of making noises when the fans are old and imbalanced. This might make it noisy even in the sleep mode and you might have to switch it off. The problem can be attributed to the positioning of the e-motor that powers the fans bearing on top of the machine.
- The pre-filter attracts a lot of dust due to static charges and the only way around this is consistent replacements maybe once every three weeks.
3. Honeywell 17000-S QuietCare True HEPA Air Purifier– Best Honeywell Air Purifier for Smoke
Honeywell 17000-S QuietCare is one of the most effective air filter in the brand’s product line. Because it’s an inexpensive model, it makes it the best alternative to Honeywell Professional Series. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
This unit can clean air in your room by up to 99 percent. It’s so powerful that it can suck up microscopic allergens starting from 0.3 microns in diameter. However, it doesn’t cover a large area. Designed to work for rooms like bedrooms that don’t exceed 200 square feet, this one is a good option only for someone with a small room.
- Honeywell 17000-S QuietCare has two filters that clean the air in your room.
- It has the Honeywell’s IntelliCheck system, which provides you with the ability to monitor the lives of the filters.
- Each filter connects to a LED light, which blinks or shines steadily when activated. A single blink on the filter indicates a longer life than two blinks while three blinks or a steady light indicates you need to replace the filters.
- The air purifier has Surround Seal Technology, which optimizes performance and minimizes air leakages.
- This air purifier utilizes three cleaning levels including Tobacco Smoke-130, Dust-130, and Pollen-130.
- The use of electronic push buttons for controls minimizes noise and makes it 35% quieter while working.
- The HEPA filter can last for one to three years while the pre-filters will serve you for three months.
- The light indicators ensure you replace the filters on time and the process of replacing is easy and straightforward.
- This Honeywell air filter comes with a five-year warranty so that you will be certain to get value for your money.
- The air purifier is portable and you will enjoy the convenience of shifting with it to various rooms in your house.
- The air purifier produces a white noise that might be annoying to some users. It’s therefore not an ideal option for people that prefer completely quite air purifiers.
- The rubber on the filters produces a pungent plastic/rubber smell that might irritate your nose.
- The motor of this air purifier also gets faulty if left running for a long time and you might have to keep replacing it.
- The Honeywell 17000-S QuietCare might disappoint you if you tend to leave it working all night because it can easily burn the motor.
4. Honeywell HDF QuietClean Air Purifier– Best Honeywell Air Purifier With Washable Filter
This device features oscillating air filters that boost the circulation of air in the house and helps to capture more than 90 percent of particles in the air. In fact, it’s so effective that it can easily capture dust particles that are even two microns in diameter. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
This air filter is effective for persons who have allergic infections because it clears the air of dust, smoke, pollen, mold, and pet dander once the air passes through the filters.
- This unit has permanent filters in the tower that clean the air in your room in three levels.
- The machine is Energy Star-certified, which means that it is effective in terms of power consumption. In other words, you can use it without worrying about an unreasonable spike in your annual power bill.
- The on/off oscillation control and washable permanent pre-filters can clean the air in your room for a long time without necessarily replacing them.
- The brand has optimized the filters property to reduce odors in the air as well as trap VOCs that might enter your respiratory system and trigger infections.
- This air purifier gives you the peace of mind by removing dirt from the air in your house while improving air circulation up to five times per hour. With this machine at work, you can be sure that everyone in your house will breathe quality air all the time.
- Honeywell HDF QuietClean air purifier improves air circulation in your room by neutralizing odors throughout the year.
- This air purifier is energy-efficient.
- The permanent air filters do not require replacements that come with additional costs. The air purifier works with both permanent pre-filters and HEPA Clean filter to ensure optimum air cleansing.
- Probably one of the worst things about this machine is the fact that it requires frequent cleaning of the filters to continue serving you, unlike many of the air filters out there. So, if you choose to use this one over other Honeywell models, you should be ready to clean it a lot more often.
- The air purifier can cause headaches, especially when turned on for long. This is because it tends to create an instance of ozone, which isn’t healthy for you.
5. Honeywell 50250-S True HEPA Air Purifier– Best Honeywell Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter
If you are in the market for an air purifier that can clean a medium-large room, then you’ll find this one here useful. Honeywell 50250-S model can clean air in a room as large as 360 square feet, making it the best alternative to the 17000-S QuietCare model. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
The ability to use this in a large space isn’t the only thing that makes it stand out. The unit easily gets rid of odor and particle suspended in the air to the tune of over 98 percent.
- The 360-degree system, which takes air in and out of the purifier, ensures that the machine is efficient in maintaining an evenly purified air in your room.
- It uses a Surround Seal Technology to minimize air leaks and increase effectiveness.
- The unit’s True HEPA filters capture more than 98 percent of dirt including particles, some of which are as small as 0.3 microns.
- The round shape of the device ensures that air circulates evenly all over the room
- The Honeywell 50250-S air purifier has a powerful fun motor that draws air from all over the room and then pushes it out when cleansed to promote the circulation of clean air in your room.
- The device has the carbon pre-filters that capture the larger particles in the air and still reduces the odor in the air.
- The filter light reminds you when to replace the filters and you do not need any special skills or tools to replace them.
- The machine is quite effective but you might have to ignore the bright blue backlight, which sometimes will distract your sleep or that TV watching moment. You can get your way around this setback by covering the light with an opaque material like a piece of cloth at night.
- The other drawback is the sound, which might still disturb your ears even at low and medium setting. You can actually solve this problem by placing the air purifier away from you preferably on the extreme corners of your room.
6. Honeywell True HEPA Air Purifier with Allergen Remover- HPA100, Medium Room– Best Honeywell Air Purifier
The Honeywell HPA100 air purifier is a good option for small as well as medium rooms. We love the fact that you will find this unit particularly useful when it comes to removing allergens. So if you are looking for an air purifier that can clean air and clear allergies at the same time, then this will give you the best value for your money. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
The HPA100 model works well in a room of up to 155 square feet and it can capture impurities in the air with an accuracy of more than 95 percent. Apart from improving the circulation of air while cleansing it of allergen, this model is also able to remove stale air that makes your room uncomfortable.
- The air purifier has the quiet operation mode that reduces noises made by the fans and it has an Auto-Off Timer feature which allows you to plan when the purifier turns ON/OFF.
- The device has air cleaners that neutralize odors and the fans are strong enough to increase the circulation of air in your room up to five times per hour.
- The machine has carbon pre-filters to absorb VOCs, gases and odors and even the larger particles.
- The fans run continuously to absorb dirt from the air such that the air pumped out into the room is safe to breathe.
- The model filters only need a replacement after three months. The replacement process is easy and straightforward and you can be sure that the maintenance costs are low.
- Airborne particles are absorbed even when they are as small as 10 microns otherwise they would get deep into the respiratory tracts and cause infections in the lungs.
- The air purifier works perfectly if you replace the pre-filters on time. The challenge, however, is the scarcity of pre-cut filters when the time comes for replacing the old ones. You might have to cut them yourself or hire a technician if you do not find a pre-cut one from the stores.
- The other challenge is the smell that might come with new replacements that might fill your room with a plastic/rubber smell.
7. Honeywell HPA300 Air Purifier– Best Honeywell Air Purifier for Large Rooms
If you are in the market for an air purifier that can easily clean large rooms, then you may want to consider Honeywell HPA300. The HPA300 model can clear air in a room as large as 465 square feet. The brand optimizes this model so well that it can even remove allergens from the air in your room. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
You will love the HPA300 model because of its ability to clean air thoroughly. Like other Honeywell units, this machine can easily suck up even the smallest dirt particle in your room with ease.
- The Honeywell HPA300 utilizes a 3 air cleaning level-plus setting to capture pet dander, pollen, dust, germs and reduce odors.
- The powerful fans in the machines help to absorb air from all over the room and then pump it to all edges of your room such the circulation of air is improved and freshened.
- The design of the air purifier serves you in all positions of the rooms due to the almost circular shape that absorbs and emits air in all directions.
- The machine can purify the air and improve its circulation up to 5 times per hour such that the air in your big room is evenly fresh and free from allergens and germs.
- The process of replacing the filters is easy so that the maintenance can be done at home and the spare filters are readily available.
- The certified Honeywell Replacement Filters can serve you for a whole year before you think of the need to buy new ones.
- The machine is strong and effective in boosting the circulation of air in your large rooms while still capturing germs and removing odor. The machine is easy to use and it will take away the stress of dealing with allergies.
- The Honeywell HPA300 has the challenge of producing considerably audible noise when operating on the Turbo level.
- The other challenge could be on the sensitivity of the touch controls because they might get slow and require manual controlling.
- The blue LED light might be disturbing at night but you can solve this problem by masking it with a thick material.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Honeywell Air Purifiers Good?
Judging from their effectiveness in cleaning small, medium, and large rooms, Honeywell air purifiers are good options to invest your money in. Besides, they come from a reliable brand with years of experience in air purification technology.
Plus, the options we’ve looked at in this guide all include a True HEPA filter, which is now a standard in air purification because of its effectiveness in thoroughly cleaning air a tune of more than 98 percent.
How Do I clean My Honeywell Air Purifier?
Cleaning is easy and straightforward. Remove the washable pre-filter from the machine and shake it to remove dust. Dip the filter in warm water and wash it by hand. Let it dry and then put it back in place.
Do Honeywell Air Purifiers Produce Ozone?
One of the best things about Honeywell air purifiers is that they don’t produce ozone. So you can use them with the certainty that no matter how long you run them, they will not irritate your lungs one bit.
Your selection of the best Honeywell air purifier should be informed by its efficiency in giving you a fresh and healthy breathing space in your room. The various Honeywell air filters described in this article are specific and their optimum performance can only be attained if they operate in spaces smaller or equal to the recommended room spaces. I would recommend that you purchase one that can be timed to switch on/off automatically, clear the air of allergens and one that is appropriate for the size of your room.