You live in an area full of perpetual pollen. You have a large dog in your house. And you’re asthmatic. At the very least, you’re susceptible to harmful air that could trigger respiratory problems. But you can easily manage harmful air triggers, like pet dander and allergens, with the best air purifier for pet allergies and asthma.
Top Rated Air Cleaners for Pet Allergies and Asthma
|Picture||Name||Filter Type||Room Coverage|
|Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier-Eliminates Pet Hair, Allergens, Dust, Pollen, Mold, Bacteria,||*Nano-Cold Catalyst Filter.|
*Activated Carbon Filter.
*True HEPA Filter.
|Medify MA-40 Medical Grade True HEPA (H13 99.97%) Air Purifier||*Medical Grade H13 Filters.|
|IQAir [HealthPro Plus Air Purifier] Medical-Grade Air [HyperHEPA Filter]||*HyperHEPA Filter.|
What is the Best Air Purifier for Pet Allergies and Asthma?
Here is a rundown of the best rated air purifiers that you can use to control pet allergies and manage asthma on the go.
1. Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier for Pet Allergies and Asthma
Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier ranks incredibly well in terms of design and performance. With tons of air cleansing features built-in, this unit can help you to improve the quality of air in your house all day long. For the price, what you’re getting here is a smart device that can easily eliminate odors, allergies, dust, pollen, smokers, and asthma. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- The 6-in-1 filtration system is the driving wheel behind this unit’s effectiveness. The components of the system include a UV light sterilizer, a Nano-cold catalyst filter, an ionizer, an antibacterial filter, and a true HEPA filter. Together, these components help to protect your home from harmful particles imaginable, while enhancing the quality of air around you.
- The live sensing technology is sensitive enough to determine the quality of air in your space. The testing, diagnosis, and treatment of air happen in real time. This allows you to know the quality of air you breathe every single second.
- It features three speed modes: low, medium, and high. As such, you can set the speed at which you’d like to purify air in your house.
- This product is affordable, so it’s a good option if you’re looking for the best air purifier for pet allergies and asthma on a budget.
- The six layers of filtration work extremely well.
- It’s not only energy efficient but also require very little effort and cost to maintain.
- It has a cool design and a number of fancy functionality options.
- Hathaspace is a new company in the business. And while this is not a deal breaker, it may bother some people.
2. RabbitAir MinusA2 SPA-780 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier
RabbitAir has been in business since 2004. And the brand has built a big name for itself, mostly for designing the best air purifier for allergies. The MinusA2, an ultra quite unit, is a true statement of quality and a multifunctional device that you can use even in your baby’s room. At the very least, this purifier can filter and get rid of pet odors, cooking and mildew smell, and toxic air from cigarettes and cigars. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- The 6-in-1 filtration system is this product’s strongest selling point. The pre-filter, the medium filter, the advanced BioGS HEPA filter, the ion generator, the activated carbon filter, and the customized filter all work together to get rid of large and small particles that pollute air in your space.
- The SPA-780 has decent room coverage. It can cover up to 815 square feet. That’s 115 more square feet of what the SPA-700 gives you.
- Another impressive feature is how fast this unit cleans air in your room. To put this into perspective, the device can clean the air in your house in just 15 minutes. That’s 4 times in just an hour.
- This unit feature 5 fan speeds. And at the lowest settings during operation, you can be sure it won’t make any noise.
- This unit features a power consumption of just 61 watts. That means you can leave it running for hours and never have to worry about your electricity bill. And considering the function of this device, it’s definitely worth the investment.
- It has a very powerful HEPA filter.
- It’s the best air filter for pet allergies as well as pollen dust.
- It features an attractive design, which you can easily mount on a wall.
- It’s quite during operation, especially at low fan speed settings.
- It doesn’t feature a timer.
3. Medify MA-40 Medical Grade True HEPA (H13) Air Purifier
Maybe you’re in the market for medical air purifiers that do the job right. If that’s the case, you should consider Medify Air MA-40. Featuring room coverage of 860 square feet, this unit can easily eliminate odor from practically any part of your home while enhancing the quality of fresh air. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- Weighing only 15 pounds total, this unit is so lightweight that you can move it from one spot to another with ease. At this weight, it’s strong enough to stand in position in case a child or pet run by it. Moreover, the corner feet at the bottom protect the unit from sliding and falling, especially when placed on a hard surface.
- The biggest selling point of this unit is its high airflow rate. At the very least, it can clean air in a room as big as 800 square feet, circulating air twice as much in just 60 minutes. The ability to deliver fresh air at 300 cubic feet per minute makes this unit one of the best air filters for allergies and asthma.
- The medical grade H13 filter has a pre-filtration filter, an activated carbon filter, and a true HEPA filter. These layers help to trap allergies and eliminate odors.
- It can purify air in just a few minutes and then maintain the quality of the fresh air.
- The filter is easy to remove and replace.
- This air purifier features a built-in timer.
- This device tests and purifies air in real time.
- It doesn’t take up a large space.
- The replacement filter is very expensive.
4. Dyson Pure Cool, TP04 – HEPA Air Purifier and Tower Fan
If you’re looking for the best Dyson air purifier for asthma, then Dyson Pure Cool TP04 is the right option for you. This purifying tower fan is an upgrade of the TP01 and TP02. And it’s cheaper than the Dyson Pure Hot. This device boasts of a Wifi connect, a built-in feature that lets you control the purifier wirelessly in real time. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
This top-rated air purifier is available in three different colors. You can opt for the iron + blue, choose the white + silver, or buy the black + silver option.
- The amplifier of this unit is quite tall, and it’s where the purifying effect comes from. The working concept of the amp is quite simple. It actually moves air around the house without the help of rotating blades.
- This purifier has three unique control options. You can control the unit by adjusting the customizable feature directly from the LCD display. You can use a remote control if you prefer to control the purifier from a distant. Or you can use its dedicated mobile app if you prefer to use your smartphone for control.
- Dyson TP04 has two main filters. The 360-degree glass HEPA is good for capturing all dust particles, even as small as 0.3 microns. The activated carbon filter helps to detect and remove odor from your room.
- The overall design of this unit is quite impressive.
- You can monitor the quality of air in real time with the help of the LCD display.
- The machine features an oscillation of 350 degrees.
- It’s popular because it cleans air in your space efficiently.
- The filter is easy to replace.
- The fan tends to get noisy in polluted areas.
- This unit is quite expensive.
5. Alen BreatheSmart 75i Air Purifier – Best Air Purifier for Pet Allergies and aAsthma
BreatheSmart 75i is a true statement of design and performance. Built by a company that wants you to breathe fresh air all day long, this device is a grab-and-go option for someone who seriously needs a device that works well the entire time. Like many smart air filters in the market, has earned itself a positive rate for the time it has been in the market. And this explains why it’s worth the asking price. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- Alen hasn’t changed the air circulation of this improved air purifier. Like the previous versions, it features a bottom-to- airflow. Although this mechanism isn’t nearly as powerful as the 360 degrees air system, it’s still good enough to maximize the efficiency of this unit. Overall, the performance of BreatheSmart 75i isn’t disappointing.
- BreatheSmart 75i has 4 up to the standard filtration system that works quite well. These are pure, fresh, pet, and heavy odor. The pure filter can capture as much dangerous particles as possible, up to the size of 0.3 microns. The fresh filter, integrated with activated charcoal filter, handles house odors and chemicals. The pet filter handles pet odors. And the heavy odor removes extremely smelly air from the house.
- This unit has a lifetime warranty, which isn’t something you get with many popular air purifiers.
- It comes in a very wide range of colors, so you can easily choose the one that pleases you.
- Alen has an excellent customer support, which is something that buyers really appreciate.
- It guarantees large room coverage every time it’s in operation.
- This unit has a very low CADR rating.
- It’s a very expensive air purifier.
6. Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA
Coway wants to make sure that clean, healthy air gets to your respiratory system. And they built the AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier to help with the job. Ideally, this air purifier uses a number of filtration mechanisms to detect, diagnose, and purify indoor air with ease. Once setup and ready to use, this device can make a very big difference as far as the air you breathe is concerned. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- The 4-in-1 filtration system is the best-selling feature of this air purifier. The pre-filter can easily capture large contaminants from mold, pet, and human air. The ionizer helps to enhance the freshness of the air you breathe. The activated carbon filter gets rid of harmful gas in your surroundings, and the true HEPA filter captures even the smallest contaminant particles in your home.
- The room coverage of this unit is about 360 square feet. That’s too low compared to the coverage you get from Medify Air MA-40. Given its price, though, the small coverage is quite reasonable. With that said, Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier is likely to suit you if you live in a small house.
- The 4X ACH rating of this device makes it a convenient machine to use. The 4X here means the number of changes per hour. In this case, this unit can purify air in your space four times in 60 seconds. That’s only 15 minutes per round.
- This device has an impressive CADR rating.
- The performance is satisfactory.
- The design is up to the standard.
- The room coverage is a bit small.
7. Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover – Best HEPA Air Purifier for Asthma
Honeywell isn’t new in the market. This Fortune 100 brand has built a strong name for itself, mostly by designing high quality electronics for the target audience. Knowing just how popular and trustworthy this brand is, you can be sure their air purifier will give you the best value for your money. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
In fact, their True HEPA Allergen Remover is a tried and true air purifier for allergies that gets the job done 98% of the time. It’s not just an air purifier for asthma. It’s also one of the best air cleansers for smoke, dust, pollen, pet dander, germs, and odors.
- There isn’t a lot to this unit’s filtration system. But the 2-in-1 purification is still quite impressive. For the price, what you get is a pre filter and a true HEPA filter. The pre-filter includes an activated carbon filter, which absorbs and traps dust particles of different sizes. The true HEPA filter can capture even the tiniest pollutants and then cleans up air so that what you breathe in the end is fresh and healthy.
- The room coverage of this is 460 square feet. This is still not close to Medify Air MA-40, but the coverage isn’t that bad. In fact, it’s better than Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier, which has room coverage of only 360 square feet.
- This unit circulates air 5 times per hour.
- The device is AHAM certified and it’s very easy to use.
- It features an impressive fan power.
- It guarantees an amazing performance.
- This air purifier makes noise when it’s in use.
- You may experience bad smell sometimes.
8. Germ Guardian AC4300BPTCA 22” 3-in-1 True HEPA Filter Air Purifier for Home and Pets
Guardian Technologies may be a foreign brand to you, but they are also good in designing air purifier for allergies and asthma. GermGuardian AC4300BTCA is one of the products designed by the brand. It has a good rating online, with tons of positive reviews on Amazon. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA is one of the top air filters for molds. And it doubles as the best air filter for child with allergies. It’s the cheapest air purifier on this list. Going for less than $100, this is the most affordable unit you can buy. In fact, it’s the best option to bring home if you’re on a very tight budget.
- This unit doesn’t have the best room coverage. So, it’s not ideal for large homes. To be precise, the unit has the coverage of just 153 square feet. Unless you live in a small house, you may want to consider options like Coway AP-1512HH, Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover, or Medify Air MA-40.
- The AC4300BTCA is a 3-in-1 filtration system. In practice, the pre-filter, the UV-C light, and the true HEPA filter work together to eliminate toxic air from your room and supply clean, healthy air instead. You can be sure that, at the end of the day, you’ll breathe pure air as long as the machine is operating.
- With an ACH rating of 4X, you can expect this unit to circulate fresh air in your room 4 times every 60 minutes.
- It’s the cheapest option on this list, hence a good deal for buyers on tight budget.
- The design is good and overall modern.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty.
- It makes noise on high settings.
- It doesn’t have smart features.
9. IQAir [HealthPro Plus Air Purifier] Medical-Grade Air [HyperHEPA Filter]
IQAir Health Pro+ Air Purifier is the best air purifier for pet allergies and asthma. It purifies air 5 times every 60 minutes to ensure you breathe in only healthy quality air. Your room’s air automatically cleanses every 12 minutes, creating a very healthy environment for you and the people you care for. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
- IQAir is generally a well-performing air filter with a 4-in-1 filtration system. The system includes a granulated activated carbon filter, a hyper HEPA filter, a pre max filter, and pelletized chemisorptions. The filters work together to destroy harmful air and promote clean, healthy air for you and your family to breathe.
- If anything has to justify the asking price of this unit, then it has to be the room coverage. Fortunately, IQAir Health Pro+ has the highest room coverage than many units out there. At the very least, the coverage is up to 1,125 square feet.
- Because it’s made of high-quality materials, it should last for long.
- It’s a good option for pets, dander, hair, and odor.
- You get a 5-year warranty when you buy this unit.
- Its lower power consumption means you can use it without worrying about a spike in your power bill.
- It’s a very expensive air filter.
10. LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Large Room with True HEPA Filter
If you’re in the market for an air purifier for pet allergies and asthma with a 360 degrees filter design, you should consider LEVOIT Air Purifier. Unique in design and 40% more efficient than some air purifiers in the market, this unit can easily purify air from all sides of your home more times in an hour. And with a decent rating and dozens of positive reviews on Amazon, you can bet that this is a good unit to buy. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
This unit doesn’t take up a lot of space. So, you can use it in your car just as much as you would in your living room or bedroom.
- LEVOIT is a powerful device with a three-stage filtration system. The filter types include an advanced carbon filter, a true HEPA filter, and a pre filter. These filters work together to ensure you breathe clean, fresh, healthy air every single day.
- At its price, you’d expect the room coverage to be far less than that of Coway AP-1512HH Mighty. But that’s not the case. The coverage is 538 square feet, so you can use it in your house quite effectively.
- You will love this air filtration system because it purifies air 4 times in every hour at a rate of 15 minutes per round.
- It’s quiet during operation.
- It’s small, so it takes up very little space, which is why it can even fit in a car.
- It has some smart features.
- The model has had a bump in the cost.
What to Look for When Buying the Best Air Purifier for Pet Allergies and Asthma
There are many air filters in the market. So, finding the best HEPA air purifier for asthma right off the bat might be a bit tricky. So here are tips to help you choose wisely.
- True HEPA Filter
Invest only in an air filter that’s truly HEPA rated. At the very least, True HEPA filter purifies air in your space thoroughly. In the end, you breathe in more clean air every single day.
- Suitable Size
Choose an air purifier that can easily fit the designated space. It’s best to examine the space first to truly know its size. Then you can be able to buy the right air filter.
- Noise Level
Air filters have different noise levels. On higher settings, some tend to make loud noise that’s rather annoying. It’s best to choose units with noise levels of not more than 40 decibels on higher settings.
Are air purifiers good for allergies and asthma?
True HEPA air purifiers can help a great deal with allergens and asthma. That’s because they clean air thoroughly and ensure you breathe only fresh air thus making them the best air purifiers for pet allergies and asthma.